PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Chocolates Box

George Guadiane
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
This is the fourth one, done for now.
The box is 6 1/4 inches in diameter, sanded to 400 with oil then bee's wax burnished... This one is my favorite so far. The top is actually from a different piece of wood. I blew up a crotch figured bowl a couple of years ago... Didn't know why I saved the bottom till yesterday.

Tim A. Mitchell
11-19-2007, 2:37 AM
I like that a lot. The two woods wok well together for me.

John Hart
11-19-2007, 6:13 AM
Nice handsome piece there George. This whole chocolate thing is pretty cool. The idea that chocolate boxes are normally thrown away...is about to change, for the better.:)

Andy Blackwell
11-19-2007, 7:40 AM
Looking good. Send the box to me, include some chocolate too.:D

Rex Guinn
11-19-2007, 7:41 AM
Great box, but where is the chocolate? I think you have a new business!

Steve Schlumpf
11-19-2007, 8:39 AM
Looks really good George! The woods all work well together. I like the lid/box fit - simple - clean lines. Do you sign your work?

George Guadiane
11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks Everyone!
I won't be sending samples, but I might take a picture or two with chocolates in one of them, just so I have one.

Looks really good George! The woods all work well together. I like the lid/box fit - simple - clean lines. Do you sign your work?
I do sign my work. Normally just my turning signature "Turned By George," but I redesigned his logo to round and added my stuff into a combined design. I have a friend who has a laser engraver and he's going to burn the logo into the bottoms of each box.... Kinda cool for me. He actually told me to make the logo bigger so people could see mine too.

Bernie Weishapl
11-19-2007, 5:02 PM
Great piece George. Well done.

Tom Sherman
11-19-2007, 8:58 PM
George it looks like you are getting a collection of chocolate boxes this one looks good too.

Mike A. Smith
11-21-2007, 5:36 PM
I love it George! It looks great, but I would think a lid on a box of chocolates would just get in the way.:D

Paul Engle
11-21-2007, 5:41 PM
Very nice George, your choice of woods makes a " sweet " presentation box.:eek::rolleyes::D

Christopher K. Hartley
11-21-2007, 9:32 PM
Momma always said, Life is like a box of chocolates!" And a Sweet life it is judging from this beautiful box!:)