PDA

View Full Version : Ed Morgano - The ClearVue Cyclone guy - is a great guy!

Tom Veatch
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
The title pretty much says it all. I bought a 16" MH impeller wheel from him a few weeks ago in order to upgrade my Bill Pentz Kit built cyclone from a 2HP airfoil wheel. The small wheel simply wasn't doing the job after I tripled the size of my shop from 384 sq ft to 1152 sq ft.

After designing and building a blower housing to accommodate the larger wheel, I was doing some testing today using the new wheel and the original 5HP Leeson motor (model P145K34DB1, modified with a C face mount). That sucker was drawing something like 44 amps with just the wheel and housing (9" diameter inlet and 4 1/2 x 8" rectangular outlet). Way too much for a 20.8 FLA motor, but it was sure blowing some air. I don't know how much because it slung a blade off my little hand-held anemometer before the circiut breaker popped.

Dropped Ed an email describing what I was seeing and asking what sort of current he expected using that wheel and motor on his cyclones.

Suffice to say that, although Ed was under no obligation to hold my hand through the process, he almost immediately replied with the technical data and through a series of back and forth emails today we got 'er running with current draws right in the proper ballpark for a cyclone approximating his CV1800.

Thanks a load, Ed. I'm almost sorry we got it up and running 'cause I kind'a feel like I ought to buy a complete system from you as much support as you provided to someone who only bought a blower wheel.

If you're looking for a quality act, be sure and drop by Ed's place before you pull the trigger on a cyclone system.

(By the way, if you have a need for a 2HP Sheldons Engineering Airfoil Blower wheel and housing, PM me. I seem to have one surplus.)

Darl Bundren
11-19-2007, 7:11 PM
I met Ed when I went down there shopping for cyclones. He was a good guy, showed me around his shop and helped me assemble the blower housing as I was not really sure how it was going to go together. I really like my Clearvue. I also enjoyed seeing how he engineered and built some of the equipment that he uses in manufacturing.