PDA

View Full Version : My Jet DC remote control stopped working.

Dave Falkenstein
11-18-2007, 7:56 PM
I have a Jet DC-1100C/RC dust collector with remote control. A few days ago the remote control suddenly stopped working. I replaced the batteries - twice - and it still won't work. I am tempted to buy a new hand-held unit, but thought I'd check in with you folks first to see if there is anything else to try to resolve the problem. I am concerned that the problem might be in the switch electronics, but the hand-held unit is a lot less expensive and easier to try as a first step. Any troubleshooting ideas??? Thanks.

ps - The owners manual is no help beyond how to change the batteries.

Tom Cowie
11-18-2007, 8:14 PM
Hi Dave

I have the same unit. I have never experienced any problem with mine but I have had trouble with other remotes in the past. You can try unplugging the unit for a few minutes and then cleaning the sensor . Try starting it from close range in a direct line to the sensor. If you could find another controller it might work. They are really nice when they work.

Mine is stuffed in a corner . I wonder sometimes how it detects the signal at all.

Tom

Dave Falkenstein
11-18-2007, 9:31 PM
Tom - I tried your suggestion of unplugging the DC and letting it sit for a few minutes. The sensor is clean. When I plugged it back in I had the same problem. The remote will not work. I can start and stop the motor with the push buttons on the switch panel, but, like yours, they are hard to reach. Thanks for trying.

Tom Veatch
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I fought the same problem for a while with mine and finally gave up and ordered a new RC unit. That worked for me.

Bob Genovesi
11-19-2007, 7:20 AM
Dave,

Try contacting Jet directly. Their pretty responsive and may have information, also check their web site.

Dave Falkenstein
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I fought the same problem for a while with mine and finally gave up and ordered a new RC unit. That worked for me.

By "RC unit" do you mean the hand-held unit, or the electronics in the switch box??? Thanks.

ps - I ordered a new hand-held RC unit today. Hopefully that will fix my problem. I called Jet to order, because the shipping cost ordering on line is too high ($20 for a $10 part). I got a much less expensive shipping cost ($6) by calling Jet. Hmmm. Why don't they fix the web site???

Dave Falkenstein
11-27-2007, 4:27 PM
A new remote control hand-held unit arrived today from Jet. Problem solved. The DC remote on/off works better than it ever has.

Brian Weick
11-27-2007, 4:44 PM
I have a Jet DC-1100C/RC dust collector with remote control. A few days ago the remote control suddenly stopped working. I replaced the batteries - twice - and it still won't work. I am tempted to buy a new hand-held unit, but thought I'd check in with you folks first to see if there is anything else to try to resolve the problem. I am concerned that the problem might be in the switch electronics, but the hand-held unit is a lot less expensive and easier to try as a first step. Any troubleshooting ideas??? Thanks.

ps - The owners manual is no help beyond how to change the batteries.

I have this electronic spray that is used to clean contacts on any switches and is designed not to harm electronic components- it works very well, I have had to use it a few times. You may want to clean the contacts on the remote switch/switches with this type of spray, I am not familiar with the remote- but give this a shot- you may be surprised?
Brian

Don Bullock
11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I have this electronic spray that is used to clean contacts on any switches and is designed not to harm electronic components- it works very well, I have had to use it a few times. You may want to clean the contacts on the remote switch/switches with this type of spray, I am not familiar with the remote- but give this a shot- you may be surprised?
Brian

If that works you'll have two remotes. That might be handy.:D