PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Pete and Carmen Vaca
11-18-2007, 5:34 PM
Hello to all, just making an introduction and a thank you to all who participate and share on this forum.

We are finalizing our research on selecting a laser engraver, have been to 3 demos so far.

I just sold a business in a different industry and I am getting ready to startup with a laser and a lot of determination. I have been doing MUCH reading here and other sources information, and I look forward participating as we learn (wife and I).

Looking forward to getting started and ordering our laser very soon!

Pete

Joe Pelonio
11-18-2007, 6:32 PM
Welcome, and good luck. There's lots of good experience here with various machines, so when you narrow down the choice post them and ask for comments. It would also help if you told what sort of items you plan to to with the laser.

Frank Corker
11-18-2007, 6:38 PM
Good luck on your venture, I hope that you find everything that you are looking for, if you need help the forum is a great starting place

Ed Maloney
11-18-2007, 7:55 PM
Welcome aboard Pete! Lots of great stuff/people here with the exception of Frank Corker. Here's one of the reasons:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=684147#poststop

:D:D:D

Thinus Rabie
11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Frank ,

Stayed in Zim for 5 years work related , at Mazwikedei dam. Hippo's ,crocodiles, fish eagles and yeah not forgetting the snakes and scorpions! My wife and her family was born there as well.

Nice to know you come from there!

Regards
Thinus

Pete and Carmen Vaca
11-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, we are looking to get a larger bed 48 x 24 100 watts or so, waiting on info from Trotec and Kerns. BTW anyone know what Kerns start at as far as cost? 52x50 100 watt?

Phyllis Meyer
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum where you will find fantastic information from wonderful folks! Best of luck in your quest for the right laser, and your new venture!

Sincerely
Phyllis:)

Sandra Force
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Pete,

Give Jim Anderson a call at 1-888-660-2755. You can talk to Jim or Gerald Kern, both are great to deal with. I don't know the current costs of the lasers, mine are a couple of years old. When you talk to them give them an idea of what you are wanting to do and they can send you samples of that. PM me and I will give you more info on Kern if that iwll help.:rolleyes:

Vicky Orsini
11-20-2007, 1:20 PM
Well, we are looking to get a larger bed 48 x 24 100 watts or so, waiting on info from Trotec and Kerns. Stop it, you're going to give us all laser envy. :D Seriously, though, welcome to the board. ;)

Pete and Carmen Vaca
11-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Thank you all,

I spoke with Jim and Mr Kern as well yesterday, and I received the samples this morning... very nice.

I am most impressed with the ability to cut SS and Steel, and yet be able to handle more delicate and inricate work as well.

I am on the west coast and could not get the call out to Jim regarding hte following: does Kern have a rotary attachment?

Thanks again