PDA

View Full Version : G0458

Byron Trantham
11-18-2007, 2:39 PM
Well I will try to upload the shots of the sander being received. As of this writing its in the shop on its mobile stand. I have run a couple boards through and it works very well. I would like to make a couple observations about a redesign or rather an add-on. The original dust port was a 2 1/4" plastic part that is bolted onto the frame. That is still true except they now supply a 2 1/4 to 4" adapter (see pics one taken apart and one with it assembled). Very nice add-on. The dust collection system is exactly like the DeWalt 13" planner. Blower assisted dust collection with the same adapter. The blower on that puppy will spit debris across the room.:D So much for dust collection concerns.

If the DC isn't connect to the port the thing is pretty loud but as soon as you connect the DC the noise level is almost acceptable without ear protection.

This is an industrial strength sander. Heavy, stable and easy to use. I did not have to perform any of the tracking adjustments.

I bought Delta's mobile base that uses wood connectors to make the size you want. Forget it! Though I have the thing moving around its over its intended weigh capacity. I am going to buy their all steel mobile base used for their DJ20 jointer. The dimension are correct. For now it will work.

My over-all impression is good. I am really glad I bought this thing.