PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a free screwdriver?

Rick Gifford
11-18-2007, 7:25 AM
Kobalt will give you a free 6 in 1 screwdriver at Lowes if you'll sign up through email for their mailing list.

I don't know is the screwdriver is any good, but its free so you can't lose out too bad. :confused:

Go here if your interested, they will have you print a coupon out to take to the store:

http://www.kobalttools.com/?source=banner&campid=262016212212195100&CMXID=2111.001231.xmc

Gary Keedwell
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Man that is a bad link...I clicked on and couldn't get out:mad:

Gary

David G Baker
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
The link worked fine for me.

Matt Meiser
11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Worked here too. These screw drivers are great for keeping in a drawer in the house.

Bryan Rocker
11-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks, linky worked for me, coupon is ready to drop off at lowes ;)

Rick Gifford
11-18-2007, 3:52 PM
I just got back from Lowes and have a new screwdriver in hand.

Lowes had some trouble getting the register to accept the coupon, probably just my local store, folks there always seem to have trouble ringing things up right :rolleyes:

Anyhow coupon works. Free is good! :D

David G Baker
11-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I printed the coupon then I did the math on the trip to the local Lowe's that is 60 miles away, 120 miles round trip. Gas is $3.27 a gallon, my car gets 30 miles per gallon or less. It will cost me around $13.00 to make the trip. Wonder if the screwdriver is worth the trip?

Tim Wagner
11-19-2007, 12:42 AM
I printed the coupon then I did the math on the trip to the local Lowe's that is 60 miles away, 120 miles round trip. Gas is $3.27 a gallon, my car gets 30 miles per gallon or less. It will cost me around $13.00 to make the trip. Wonder if the screwdriver is worth the trip?

I'd venture to say not unless your getting something else and you have to go there.

Rick Gifford
11-19-2007, 2:53 AM
The screwdriver is around $5 retail price. Not a high end screwdriver. But what the heck, not like I paid much for it lol!

I wouldn't drive that far just for the screwdriver. Put the coupon in your wallet and use it the next time your down that way.

David G Baker
11-19-2007, 9:57 AM
The coupon is already in the wallet just in case.

James Gillespie, Jr.
11-19-2007, 3:50 PM
No more vouchers are available. Drat, wasn't quick enough. :(

Fred Voorhees
11-19-2007, 4:28 PM
Printed the voucher yesterday (Sun) and stopped at a Lowes on my way home from work today. Was in and out of the store within about three minutes. Nice little screwdriver.....not that I didn't have enough of them, but what the hey.

Dave Lehnert
11-19-2007, 5:19 PM
The coupon was also in the last issue of “The Wooden Post” Lowe’s free woodworking magazine they send out like 4 times a year. They also have a coupon for a free tub of Elmer’s wood putty. The screw driver is one of the 6 in one job’s. Retail was like $6.99

Fred Voorhees
11-19-2007, 8:06 PM
The coupon was also in the last issue of “The Wooden Post” Lowe’s free woodworking magazine they send out like 4 times a year. They also have a coupon for a free tub of Elmer’s wood putty. The screw driver is one of the 6 in one job’s. Retail was like $6.99

Dave, just curious, how would one go about subscribing to The Wooden Post?

Mark Rios
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
I just got back from redeeming my coupon. The retail price of THIS 6-1 was $3.97, according to the item number and the corresponding price tag. The driver next to it, made of aluminum, was $6.97 and they had a 13-1 driver for something like $11 or so. My local Lowes is right next door to my local Costco so I was glad that I didn't have to go out of my way for it, just across the parking lot.

Anyway, I thought that I'd mention this......

How many of you folks had any trouble redeeming your coupon? Did it go through immediately or did the cashier need to do some fumbling around with the scanner and register keys to get it to work? Here's the thing; I noticed that the cashier was having trouble getting it to ring up. She finally had to call the head cashier to get some instructions. She was told just to do a price adjustment on the sale. Now this would be okay EXCEPT....the only way that you ALSO get entered into the drawing is for the printed coupon that you bring in to get scanned and have the computer identifying that individual coupon as having been used by you (remember the personal info that you filled out to get the coupon?). Otherwise, you get the driver but your coupon isn't really used properly to complete the sale, which it needs to be according to the rules spelled out very clearly in the fine print when we filled out the form, and therefore you aren't entered into the drawing.

I asked about that and the girl called the Customer Service Center and asked about this. The CS Rep asked to talk to me and after I explained the situation to her she took my info down and entered me into the drawing manually. Now....she may just have been blowing some blue Lowes smoke up my butt however, if the coupon isn't rung up properly by the cashier then you are not getting entered into the drawing.

Just wanted to mention.............

Dave Lehnert
11-20-2007, 5:22 PM
I don’t remember how I got on the mailing list but sure if you did a search at Lowe’s .com it will come up. If not ask at the store.

As far as getting your name in the contest, just go to the web site and fill out the online form. Redeeming the coupon is just another way to enter but not the only way.

Dave Lehnert
11-20-2007, 5:27 PM
Dave, just curious, how would one go about subscribing to The Wooden Post?

The link
http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/subscribe/

Ron Jones near Indy
11-20-2007, 6:34 PM
I picked mine up earlier this afternoon. Easy process--no problems at all!

Jon Lanier
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Got mine today after 15 minutes of the clerk and the manager trying to figure out what buttons to push.

LOL

Fred Voorhees
11-21-2007, 7:43 PM
The link
http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/subscribe/

Thanks Dave.