PDA

View Full Version : Follow Up on different DC for a router cabinet

Bill Huber
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Back in Sept. I finished building my router cabinet and did the dust collection a little different then most I had seen.

This is the post.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=65058

So now it is close to 3 months and today I took the front off the table to see how it was doing. This is not a production setup, just my hobby so I don't do routing every day. I have had to dump the vac 3 times and I would say I have done a good bit of routing in the last almost 3 months.

This is what I found, there are a lot of large chips in the bottom and there is some small dust, I had hoped there would be none but there is. I pulled the router out of the mount, which is the first time I have done so after I put it in there in Sept.
The images show how much dust has gone though the router and the chips on the floor of the cabinet.
From what I have seen I would say it is a real success and works very well. There is a little dust that has gone into the router but NOTHING like it was doing in the past with a normal type DC in the cabinet. You can see that the insides of the router are still really clean.

75312 75313

75314 75318

John Stevens
11-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Very impressive, thanks for the follow-up!

Regards,

John