PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Reindeer

Dean Rose
11-17-2007, 3:21 PM
Hello everyone, I am pretty new to the laser world but I have been reading this forum for months now.I would like to thank everyone for all of the great knowledge and information that is shared here. This is such a great resource for learning. I would encourage everyone who uses this forum and has not donated to do so.Anyway I did a fun project the other day that I thought i would share with everyone. It's made of some 1/8" luann plywood I had .Attached is the .cdr file
Enjoy, Dean Rose

Dean Rose
11-17-2007, 3:32 PM
Sorry, I had to zip the file. Here it is.

Skip Weiser
11-17-2007, 3:53 PM
Thanks for posting those, Dean !!!

Bill Cunningham
11-17-2007, 9:06 PM
Oh wow!!. I took a quick look at those, and I thought at first that they were big ones, standing on a floor!! Figured you must have a 'huge' laser..:D Then, I noticed the chairs... Ha! A table top... Those are cool.. I'll have to do a few of those next wekk.. Thanks Dean!

Skip Weiser
11-17-2007, 9:37 PM
Bill, don't feel bad, I thought the same thing too. The small pic does kind of look like they are on the floor until you look at the bigger pic. Haaaa

I made a couple out of 1/8" acrylic tonite for the wife. She loved them !!! She said it was the best thing I've made yet !!!??? Hmmmph...

Fancy little boxes... " those are cute"...
19 pt snowflake ornament... "that's nice"
Intricate little display tray... "that's cute too"...

Simple little reindeer... "I LOVE THAT !!!"

After 35 years I still haven't figured her out... I give up !!! HAAAaaa

Keith Outten
11-17-2007, 10:01 PM
There is a very nice set of vector plans for reindeer and a Santa's sleigh somewhere on the ShopBot Forum. If I new who to ask for permission I would post both sets of drawings here.

These could be scaled for vector cutting on a laser engraver, they are nicely detailed.

Michael Doyle
11-21-2007, 9:33 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I scaled down the reindeer to about half of their original size.
I included the scaled file.
Thanks for the original.

Mike

Nicole Hernandez
11-22-2007, 3:37 PM
I can not seem to open either of the files. Are these 12 or x3 files? I am using 12 and have tried several times to open it. Has anyone else had trouble?

Skip Weiser
11-22-2007, 5:01 PM
Here they are in ver. 9 Hope they open for you now.

Nicole Hernandez
11-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks Skip, got it!!!! Maybe Santa will upgrade me to X3!

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I can't get either to work. Thank you all for sharing. I've never had issues before but now I can't open either.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Skip Weiser
11-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I can't get either to work. Thank you all for sharing. I've never had issues before but now I can't open either.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

God Bless,
Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

What version of Corel do you have? I'll try saving it in that version for you. Seems strange that neither one will open for you.

Skip

Bill Cunningham
11-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Here's a couple in Acrylic, cut from Skips mini file.. Thanks Dean & Skip..

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm using CorelDraw 12, haven't upgraded . . . yet. I'll more than likely wait until a month before they come out with 14 before I go to 13. :) I don't really understand why I'm having trouble, never had this problem before. Oh well in the land of lasers and CorelDraw, it a new world every day. We were able to open the little ones.

Thank you for trying.

Skip Weiser
11-24-2007, 4:48 PM
I'm using CorelDraw 12, haven't upgraded . . . yet. I'll more than likely wait until a month before they come out with 14 before I go to 13. :) I don't really understand why I'm having trouble, never had this problem before. Oh well in the land of lasers and CorelDraw, it a new world every day. We were able to open the little ones.

Thank you for trying.

Here are the larger reindeer of Dean's saved as ver.12 I hope these work for you now. I thought at first that you meant you couldn't open the smaller ones but I see now that you meant the larger ones, so here they are.

Best wishes,
Skip

Frank Defert
11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to say thanks Dean for the file. Made some of Michael's smaller reindeer today and they went over great!

Frank

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-26-2007, 9:18 AM
Hey thanks Skip, I was able to open those just fine and thanks to Dean for sharing them in the first place.

You're still a GREAT bunch of people!