PDA

View Full Version : dc ducting advise?

Brent Grooms
11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
well I have my cyclone pretty much ready to go and I am working on my ducting. 7in main w/ 6in branches to most machines. Question comes to providing for my DP and providing for an overarm guard/pickup. Set both up w/ 4in reducers?

Jim O'Dell
11-17-2007, 2:17 PM
Brent, I did my O/H guard line for the saw in 4". Ar you making your own guard, or buying one? That may determine if you will need to step the 4" line down. Seems like some are 2 1/2 or 3".
Can't help you on the DP set up. I chose not to pipe to my DP because I do a lot of metal drilling, and I don't want that to go through the cyclone. I know I could use a blast gate and leave it closed off for that type of material, but I decided to just keep a large plastic trash can under the table, and sweep the other parts up. Jim.

James Phillips
11-17-2007, 2:54 PM
well I have my cyclone pretty much ready to go and I am working on my ducting. 7in main w/ 6in branches to most machines. Question comes to providing for my DP and providing for an overarm guard/pickup. Set both up w/ 4in reducers?

I am no expert, but I have been told you want to keep the same size ducting from tool to collector. Any change in the size ducting changes the velocity of the air and reduces efficiency. If you split for the table saw split into a 6 and a 4 inch. This gives about the same area as a single 7 in pipe so the airflow is not restricted at all.