PDA

View Full Version : Orange?

Todd Jensen
11-16-2007, 9:03 PM
I was perfectly happy with the old look; this new orange thing is horrible and hard to see and read. Anyone else?

Rob Bodenschatz
11-16-2007, 9:06 PM
Nope. You're the only one.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=69265

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=69263

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=69260

:D:D:D:D:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bob Genovesi
11-16-2007, 9:06 PM
It's not bad with sunglasses!...:eek:....:cool:....:D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif

"Jason Belous"
11-16-2007, 9:10 PM
don't like it very distracting.

Dirk Lewis
11-16-2007, 9:13 PM
this is fun....:rolleyes:

Merle Clor
11-16-2007, 9:22 PM
I really don't want to unfairly pick on any of the members here that work in IT, so don't take my comment personally. My company's IT department is totally unresponsive to their users and I certainly don't need that when I get home and need to relax. It seems that many/most of the users here don't like the orange so either it goes or I do. Was that too harsh?
Merle

Gary Keedwell
11-16-2007, 9:28 PM
I really don't want to unfairly pick on any of the members here that work in IT, so don't take my comment personally. My company's IT department is totally unresponsive to their users and I certainly don't need that when I get home and need to relax. It seems that many/most of the users here don't like the orange so either it goes or I do. Was that too harsh?
Merle
This is reminding me of another site that changed format....nobody liked it there, either!!!!:eek: :eek: :(

Gary

Todd Jensen
11-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Yup, didn't see the other thread(s) when I started this one - it must have been the ORANGE or I could have located them. I'm with you Merle, its harsh but reality - its just over the top.

I actually need to modify my constructive criticism - I really don't mind it on the mouse-overs, but the front page thread titles just make my whole screen glare.

Thomas Kila
11-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I know that most people don't really care for "changes", but I have to agree that I like the blue color much better.:)

Dan Barr
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
this orange is a little vivid. :D

v/r

dan

Graham Skinner
11-16-2007, 11:20 PM
:eek: :eek: HAS SAW MILL CREEK BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE HOME DEPOT?:eek: :eek:

Bob Genovesi
11-17-2007, 5:33 AM
I believe the BORG is at work here....

On A more serious note; didn't the site go down yesterday for some repair or upgrade?

Keith Outten
11-17-2007, 8:30 AM
Merle

Merle,

I personally don't like the color scheme any more that everyone else and I'm sure most of the negative comments are all in fun. There's nothing wrong with a good laugh every now and then, even at our expense...we can take a joke.

Yep, your comment is too harsh and uncalled for considering the issue. I'm sure based on the comments we are receiving Aaron will be changing the color scheme as soon as he has a few minutes.

Aaron meant well and was trying to do something nice to support this Community, right or wrong he made an effort which is something many here won't even consider. Yesterday Aaron updated our vBulletin software and corrected a major problem we were having with our database in addition to other maintenance chores that needed to be done on our server. Not that I owe you an explanation because we don't work for you and we aren't your IT department...you benefit from our hard work and then threaten to quit over an insignificant issue. I seriously doubt that I will miss you.........

Thanks for your support this year :(

Keith

Walt Caza
11-17-2007, 8:47 AM
Dear Creek Admin.,

Thanks for trying to improve Sawmill Creek. Your heart was in the right
place and we recognize your good intention.
Unfortunately, not all changes are winners, but thanks for trying...

Thanks for restoring the previous colour scheme, our eyes
are grateful !

be well,
Walt

ps in the end, only kindness matters
:)

Rob Bodenschatz
11-17-2007, 8:51 AM
I'm sure based on the comments we are receiving Aaron will be changing the color scheme as soon as he has a few minutes.

Cool. Thanks.