PDA

View Full Version : Here's a poster I can edit for folks! - Julie look!

Jerry Stringer
02-13-2004, 1:05 AM
Hopefully, there's a picture of a poster at this link:

http://users.htcomp.net/jds/julie1.jpg

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS IMAGE FOR A POSTER!! IT IS MUCH TOO LOW RESOLUTION TO LOOK GOOD!

I rearranged the original poster and left some stuff out. The old ball and chai . . . er . . . I mean my wonderful wife said that the other one was too busy. Plus, this one gives me room to post a small custom message in the bottom corner. This particular date is the one for Julie's Turn-A-Thon.

I also resized the whole thing so that it's 8" x 12.36". That means that if you go to Kinko's, it SHOULD zoom up to be the exact size for 11 x 17.

If you want this poster for one of your events, let me know and I can do one of a couple of things . . . I'll edit it for you and send it to you (via email or by CD in the mail) so that it is ready to print out at a higher resolution. . . or I can send it to you as an Adobe Photoshop (v7.0) file with all layers so that you can edit it as you like, again at a higher resolution. It matters not to me.

And also (here's a neat part!). Bud found the company who owned the photo of the soldier writing the letter. Believe it or not, the editor's name is the same as mine (poor guy!). I talked to the company and they had no problem at all with Freedom Pens using the photo. On the final printout I'm just going to put the photographer's name on that photo so he can get credit.

I also have the permission of the girl woodturner and her mother to use that photo (one of "my" high school kids making her first pen for her mom's birthday present). Everything else is public domain stock photography so nobody gets in trouble!

If you need these, they're free . . . except Julie said that Kinko's charges two bucks for a blowup! Not bad!

Thanks for the time!

Jerry

Julie Wright
02-13-2004, 7:26 AM
Cool I really Like it!! Tell your Lovely Wife that I said thanks :) Can you shoot it over to me and I'll get it made a lunch today, There is a woodworking show at WC this sat so I'd like to get it posted there tonight.

Thanks again
You are Da Bomb !!!

Chris Johnson
02-13-2004, 8:24 AM
Can you send me the Photoshop files? I would like to hage a few around town. Thanks

Hopefully, there's a picture of a poster at this link:

http://users.htcomp.net/jds/julie1.jpg

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS IMAGE FOR A POSTER!! IT IS MUCH TOO LOW RESOLUTION TO LOOK GOOD!

If you want this poster for one of your events, let me know and I can do one of a couple of things . . . I'll edit it for you and send it to you (via email or by CD in the mail) so that it is ready to print out at a higher resolution. . . or I can send it to you as an Adobe Photoshop (v7.0) file with all layers so that you can edit it as you like, again at a higher resolution. It matters not to me.

Thanks for the time!

Jerry

Greg Heppeard
02-13-2004, 9:41 AM
I would like a copy. Our Tulsa Turn-A-Thon is March 31st from 9am to 9pm.

Bud Duffy
02-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Jerry nice poster. Was it wierd talking to yourself on the phone? Glad i could help. Keep up the good work. And please send me a copy of the PS7 file. Thank You. Bud

Dennis Peacock
02-13-2004, 2:09 PM
Jerry.....

Send it to me....I have Adobe Photoshop 7 and I would like to get some printed to put at Lowes, HD and various other places. No Turn-A-Thon's in Arkansas....unless it is at my house. :)

Peter Parker
02-13-2004, 3:04 PM
I work for Woodcraft and need to know if it is okay if we use your artwork in the publicizing of Freedom Pens turn-a-thons at Woodcraft stores? We presume it is yours to release copyright so we don't get in trouble? Thanks. Please let me know. It would be nice to have the same art everywhere. Can you send me the Photoshop file that you mentioned? Thanks!!! (This is not intended to be self-promotional on the Forum.)

Ken Salisbury
02-13-2004, 3:13 PM
I work for Woodcraft and need to know if it is okay if we use your artwork in the publicizing of Freedom Pens turn-a-thons at Woodcraft stores? We presume it is yours to release copyright so we don't get in trouble? Thanks. Please let me know. It would be nice to have the same art everywhere. Can you send me the Photoshop file that you mentioned? Thanks!!! (This is not intended to be self-promotional on the Forum.)

Peter,

You are welcome to use the poster for advertising the Freedom Pen Project in your store. We encourage you to do that. Thanks for your support.

Peter Parker
02-13-2004, 3:20 PM
Thank you Sir!

Jerry Stringer
02-14-2004, 12:20 AM
I'm getting a lot of requests for the posters (thanks!) but since I live in the country and my dialup is 26.4 here's what I can do . . .
Saturday morning it's supposed to be snowing here . . . if not, or if I can still get though I'll go to my wife's office (she has DSL) and I'll upload it to a web site as a Photoshop file with the layers intact so you can download it and edit as necessary. I'll also remove the turn-a-thon info to leave a blank spot there and post it as a .jpg so you can still download and use it if you don't have Photoshop. Then you can put a label over the blank spot with whatever info you have.

Mr. Parker . . . Ken already said OK but yes, you definitely can use the poster as you see fit to promote the Freedom Pens Program. I own the photo of the girl, the soldier photo has been approved for use, and the rest are stock photos open to the public.

Thanks, gang . . . and don't worry about me making it out . . . heck, I used to walk 20 miles to and from school in the snow . . . uphill both ways . . . barefooted . . . fightin' Indians!

Jerry

Robert Ducharme
02-14-2004, 9:13 PM
I didn't know they had hills in Texas (or snow).

Keep up the good work - thanks