PDA

View Full Version : Politicians b-day party

Jim Kountz
11-16-2007, 8:42 AM
Well some of you may or may not know that one of my other hobbies is music. I play in a regional bluegrass band around here and we have done pretty well for a bunch of guys from WV. We have two CD recording projects and are doing another one this winter. But last night we had a rare event I thought Id share with the Creek.
Whether you are a democrat of republican you are probably aware of Senator Robert Byrd. Well he turned 90 years old and we played for the party. There were some very interesting people attending to say the least and although some of them make me go "hhhhhhmmmmmmmm" I still thought it was very cool to say I met them. The most notable ones were,
Ted Kennedy
Joe Lieberman
Jay Rockefeller
WV Gov Joe Manchin and of course Senator Byrd. We have played music with him in the past but this was a real honor for us. Being the band we of course had to have our fun while we were there so to pick on the secret service guys a little bit we all started talking into our wrists like we were wired or something and we actually were able to get a smile out of one or two of them!!
All in all it was a very interesting and entertaining evening (although I could have done without all the cheesy speeches) and we were honored to be a part of it.
Just thought Id share!

Jim

www.lhway.com <---- Bands website

Curt Harms
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Very Cool!!:D Congrats.

Karlan Talkington
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
What a rare event indeed. Congrats, and here's to you and your band playing more gigs just like it.

*CHEERS*

Jim O'Dell
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
That was a nice honor to get that gig! Congrats.

And rubbing elbows with the political types isn't a bad thing...just look to make sure nothing stuck! Oh, wait a minute, we're talking about politicians. :D Jim.