PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
11-16-2007, 8:04 AM
Friday November 16, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!

Well, the first of the "Free Stuff" drawings is done. Congratulations to the winners. More to come, but only if you're a contributor, so get your contribution in now.

What a week it's been. My mom had a little fender bender on Tuesday. :( I was on a dealer run so I wasn't available to help. She is OK and the car has minor damage. The thing is, the girl that she hit immediately came over to my mom's car and started ranting about mom hitting her. Then she suggested that mom pay her for the damage and she would forget about the whole thing. Mom said she had to call insurance and the police. The girl high tailed out of there. Mom didn't have a chance to get a name or license number. The police suggested that the girl may not have a license, registration, warrants or was in the wrong to begin with for turning into my mom's path.

Then yesterday was the first chance I had to get a look at the car. I was quite surprised to find it dismanteled in the shop of the tow company. :mad: The tow company did not have any authorization to do anything to the car. :mad: Now I've got that to handle. To be continued.

Well, this weekend will be preparing for Thanksgiving. I've got some baking to do, as well as getting the house cleaned and I've got to get the snow blower on the JD, as we're supposed to have snow Wednesday and Thursday [Thanksgiving day]. Youngest son and his kids will be down and probably spend the weekend. We will probably have about 12 or so for dinner. Already got a 20 lb. turkey thawing in the fridge.

That pretty well will take care of my weekend. How about you? Hopefully, you'll get some shop time and if not make I hope you enjoy whatever you are doing.

Enjoy and above all be SAFE.

Karl

Matt Meiser
11-16-2007, 8:44 AM
I'm planning to try to finish up the easel I'm building my daughter. Also planning to spend some time over at my parents' helping my dad get the transmission for his truck rebuilt. We did the hard parts last weekend so hopefully we can finish it up this weekend and then install it some weekend in December.

Al Willits
11-16-2007, 9:01 AM
Concrete work on the house...:(

If I'm able to move after that, cleaning a bit in the garage and considering what the weather is, winterizing the new boat, doesn't look like I'll get out again with the temps the way they are.

Be safe and well all.

Al

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Yesterday I managed to finishing wiring the last 3 8' T-8 fluorescent fixtures in my shop. It's a amazing! From using a set of 500 watt construction lights to 11 8' fixtures in just a couple of weeks. Of course, those fixtures have been sitting in the corner gathering dust and curlies for nearly two years!:o

Hope to do a little clean up and finish installing outlets on the east half of my shop this evening.

Saturday, move all the stuff on the west half of the shop to the east half and if I can rent an engine hoist, unpack the two crates that have been sitting in the shop for 4 weeks now. :D

Greg Cole
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Finally made a connection with a landowner and got permission to hunt here in MO. I've always or traditionally hunted on family owned land back East... so I am pretty pumped to be able to spend the weekend in the woods! I've got access to mucho acreage and will be the only one on it.
Maybe it's just me, but I will 110% avoid hunting on public land anywhere remotely close to a metro area.... high powered rifles and fools in pumpkin outifts scare me hell out of me.
Also going to take my little guy with me as he's finally old enough to at least know what we are doing & how we're supposed to do it.
Now if the weather will just cooperate and NOT be in the 60's, maybe it's the Vermonter in me, but deer hunting in a tee shirt is just WRONG.

Happy Trails.
Greg

Jerry Olexa
11-16-2007, 6:17 PM
Little Jordan, our 2 yr old grandaughter, with us tonight and overnight as my daughter and SIL attend a gathering, Tommorrow, 11AM the OSU/MICH game, an annual classic and up for grabs (and Oregon LOST YESTERDAY).Then the Penn state (my alma mater)/Mich state game. Sunday, we will attending my grandaughter Allison's dance recital. Very little shop time. Spare time still cleaning leaves that continue to fall. Busy weekend with no WWing!!

Fred Voorhees
11-16-2007, 6:43 PM
Not much planned for this weekend. I will be finishing up around thirty five keychain "fobs" that were illustrated in Wood magazine a month or so ago to serve as some small Christmas gifts for some freinds and family. Thinking about geting a haircut Sat. morning.....ah, what the heck, I think I'll get them all cut.:) Had plans to do some striped bass fishing down in Cape May,NJ this weekend, but a lack of funds has kept me home.

Bill Wyko
11-16-2007, 7:13 PM
I think I'll shoot myself this weekendJKJKJK I somehow scratched a Lamborghini murcielago in my shop. I don't think it happened here but I didn't catch it when the car was brought in. Days like this suck.:(

Steve Clardy
11-16-2007, 9:52 PM
Work as usual in the shop.;)
Need to process some more firewood for the winter:rolleyes:

Find time to go over and get the new purchase ready for the road.
Another Red F-150. Found a slick 94 XLT the other day, and it jumped up on my flatbed trailer for some unknown reason.:eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D

David Duke
11-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Saturday morning I've got 2 raised panel doors for my latest project a HUGE bookcas to mill/assemble, that afternoon going to our local HS football playoff game............

GO WILDCATS!!!

Sunday if the weather cooperates I hope to begin finishing said bookcase then go visit with my mom for awhile, hopefully I'll be able to shoot another coat on.

Ken Shoemaker
11-17-2007, 7:16 AM
Still working on the bookshelf for daughter's Christmas. And cleaning the shop up for a visit from a woodworking friend of mine.

Jim Becker
11-17-2007, 6:22 PM
We're having a weekend this week?? Hmm...I just spent half of it on an airplane coming back from the UK. Maybe I'll do something in the shop tomorrow. Maybe...

Greg Cole
11-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Update, the boy and I had a very successful first hunt together. Not sure how the forum looks on hunting etc... but anyway we brought home a 9 point 185 lb (totally dressed not just field fressed) whitetail tonight. :D
I'd post pics but it's not really a gloat for a family forum (but have plenty o pics).... but it is a gloat for me as the 6 year old boy was the one to get me back in the woods, I hadn't hunted since umm.... 2000.
Visions of years past spend in my fathers footsteps were VERY vivid today.....:D:D:D I just wish he wasn't so far away & could have the celebratory "cold one" with me on this one, but the phone call was as close as we could manage.....:(
Still an overly great day in my world.

Happy trails.
Greg

Craig Stueve
11-17-2007, 10:42 PM
My weekend has started off looking about the same as my last 3. I spent the day finishing up installing hickory T&G flooring on the entire first floor of my mother’s new condo. She is just thrilled with the way it looks. All I have left to do there is finish up the trim and put in a couple transitions that I will be making this week. They will get installed one day over the long turkey day weekend.

Tomorrow however will be a great day for me. I have got my preapproval letter from my bank for a home loan on Thursday and will be out looking for a new shop! Or should I say new house?:confused:;) I am about three and a half years removed from an ugly divorce that involved a business but thankfully no kids. As usual the only ones who came out of it with anything were the lawyers. As a result of things being drug out so long in the divorce my ex and I both ended up having to file for bankruptcy while the divorce was moving along at a snails pace. Since that all became final I have busted my hump to try and get to this point again and it sure feels good. I have been working out of a nice little garage at the house I have been renting for the last couple of years, but nothing is quite as nice as having your own space. Around here it is really a buyers market now and it is getting more so every week. So I am trying to keep all of my options open. I hope to be in my new home before next spring.

Craig

Mike Langford
11-18-2007, 4:40 PM
I've had a pretty busy weekend.......actually started Thursday evening building a small crosscut sled....

Also started the glue-up of a maple & purpleheart chess board for my youngest son's Christmas present....

Found time to make a couple of clear bases for my routers....

And last but not least...I helped a buddy bend-up the sides of a F-style mandolin....

....It's been a real good weekend in da shop!!! :)

Larry Fox
11-18-2007, 7:57 PM
Red Drum fishing on Cape Hatteras for me this weekend (and all next week) - it needs to cool down though as it is currently pretty warm. :)

Christopher Pine
11-19-2007, 8:41 AM
show was here in Denver this weekend. ok show. was smaller than past years. I ended up not too bad as I only spent about $180.
Got new woodworker II blade for $80. A set of cabinet door making bits and zero clearance inserts for my bandsaw. Not real exciting but stuff I had been wanting anyways.

Chris