PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Iron!

Rob Will
11-15-2007, 8:21 PM
Been fighting a bad cold and sitting here in the house completely bored....
So why not post a fun question like......
What is the heaviest / most powerful machine in your shop?
Yeah baby!!!
Industrial guys chime in there too.

Rob

Charles Wiggins
11-15-2007, 8:25 PM
But I'm not the oldest. That honor goes to my Rockwell/Delta 9" TS and 4" joiner combo which my dad bought used right about the time I was born.

Ken Shoemaker
11-15-2007, 8:31 PM
Dremel :D

David Weaver
11-15-2007, 8:43 PM
I have one of those japanese violin marking knives that's real heavy :eek: :)

Rob Will
11-15-2007, 9:45 PM
I have one of those japanese violin marking knives that's real heavy :eek: :)

Is it 3-phase?

Rob

Rob Will
11-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh come on you lurkers.
Somebody surely has some big iron stories to share.
Oliver, Buss, Newman-Whitney anyone?
What about a 42" bandsaw?

Rob

Don C Peterson
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm sure someone will blow this away, but aside from a Delta contractor's table saw the only stationary tailed tool I have is a Walker Turner 16" band saw with a 2 1/2 hp motor. It was made sometime between 1939 and 1948 the WHOLE thing is made of cast iron and it weighs a ton.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=63635

Matt Meiser
11-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I guess mine would be a 2003 John Deere 4110 compact tractor. Weight would vary based on the attachments, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 lbs. 23HP, 3cyl diesel with hydrostatic drive.

Bob Feeser
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm sure someone will blow this away, but aside from a Delta contractor's table saw the only stationary tailed tool I have is a Walker Turner 16" band saw with a 2 1/2 hp motor. It was made sometime between 1939 and 1948 the WHOLE thing is made of cast iron and it weighs a ton.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=63635

Don,
I was glad to see your post about the Walker Turner Bandsaw. I followed your link and saw your band saw. I have a 1948 14". If you call Delta, who bought Walker Turner, and they have some records, if you provide them with your serial number, they can tell you what year it was built. I did that, and they told me that mine was built in 1948, and one of the very last ones made.

I bought it from a neighbor who picked it up at a flea market, garage sale, of all places. I had done a partial disassemble, thorough scrub and prime, and paint. Reassemble adjusting, and fine tuning. Everything is there, all original. I see that yours is a 16, that extra capacity definitely comes in handy. Sometimes when I am making an angle cut, I wish the extra 2" was there. Back to the thread topic, I think the band saw weighs about 525 pounds. All cast iron, even the covers.
http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/2789/2917692780100733997S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/4299/2679830560100733997S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/5360/2100747380100733997S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/5382/2959895410100733997S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/5584/2027978870100733997S600x600Q85.jpg

Bruce Page
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow Bob, she's a beauty!

Rod Peterson
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM

Well, it's nothing exciting, but it's a toss up between my Uni and my DC380 planer. I'm not really sure. I've only ever moved the Unisaw by means of dollies, levers, and the mobile base, and it no doubt is a heavy weight, but I (and my son-in-law) had to wrestle that planer around by ourselves, plus get it up on the stand, and I think that's the heaviest thing I've ever had in my hands.

None of that stuff compares to any of the old 'arn some of you guys will likely mention, however.

David G Baker
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
1965 John Deere 2010.

Rob Will
11-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Geez Matt, I did'nt know we were including tractors but what the heck, throw em in there!!! Serious case of cabin fever going on here.

Rob

Rob Will
11-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Wow Bob, she's a beauty!

What Bruce said.
Looks like it was made yesterday.

Rob

glenn bradley
11-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Gotta be my TS at about 400lbs or my workbench which is close ;-)

Leigh Betsch
11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
2000 lb jig borer I named Audrey. She almost tipped over my JD 3520, cab, air, heat, loader, and all the good stuff. Course then there is the 1800 lb MiniMax ST4, and the 1000 lb MM J/P, MM20 BS ....
http://i20.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/a1/5b/4690_1.JPGhttp://www.4turf.com/Imagesnewequip/images/commercialimages/3320cab.h2.jpg

Paul B. Cresti
11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I with Leigh...it could be my MM S35 slider at 2000lbs or 16" j/p at 1000+ or 24" bandsaw at under 1000lb but my real pride and joy is my brand new 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab :D

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 1:07 AM
2000 lb jig borer I named Audrey.

Audrey eh? Never seen one of those.

Oh well, if everybody's going to bring tractors into this, it's not the biggest but it's my favorite to drive. New Holland TC55DA 55 hp 4cyl turbo, clutchless shuttle shift, 4x4, loader, hay ride special! Really really quiet and it's parked in the wood shop.

As far as the actual wood shop machinery goes I suppose it would be the PM225 x 15hp planer. Weighs about 3000lbs.

Setting myself up here but anybody got a Buss in the garage?

All interesting posts.

Rob

Jeremy Schulz
11-16-2007, 1:19 AM
Sad thing is I am probably the heaviest thing in my shop. ;) I guess I need a diet or bigger tools.

J.R. Rutter
11-16-2007, 1:28 AM
I have some fun, heavy machines - big shapers, wide belt, rip saw - but for most mass in smallest package, it has to be the old Rockwell RC-63 planer. We repositioned it today, and the forklift was spinning its wheels a bit trying to nudge it while turning. I forget what it weighs, but forget about moving it by hand...

http://www.nas.com/~harmonic/NewShop/RC-63.jpg

And to top it off, it has the Shelix head and a ProScale thickness gauge. 7 1/2 HP motor. No sectional feed roller or chipbreaker, but they have drawbacks as well as advantages. All in all, it is a heavy iron beast.

http://www.nas.com/~harmonic/NewShop/rc-63%20shelix.jpg

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 1:50 AM
I have some fun, heavy machines - big shapers, wide belt, rip saw - but for most mass in smallest package, it has to be the old Rockwell RC-63 planer. We repositioned it today, and the forklift was spinning its wheels a bit trying to nudge it while turning. I forget what it weighs, but forget about moving it by hand...

And to top it off, it has the Shelix head and a ProScale thickness gauge. 7 1/2 HP motor. No sectional feed roller or chipbreaker, but they have drawbacks as well as advantages. All in all, it is a heavy iron beast.

A beast indeed! I like the way the hood comes off without moving the DC hookup.

Rob

Simon Dupay
11-16-2007, 2:47 AM
one of my school's planers, makes that rockwell look like a toy! Weighs 7,600 lb.!
http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Oliver/2614401.pdf

Ron Blaise
11-16-2007, 6:01 AM
"Iron" but I do have a (two) 50 HP CNC Vertical Machining centers, and one smaller 30 HP at my disposal along with a Wire EDM, several Bridgeport mills and other real nice tools :D:rolleyes: .

Alex Shanku
11-16-2007, 6:51 AM
A trackhoe that weighs in around 55,000lbs ;)

Woodworking tools, probably my workbench or my bandsaw (PM141)

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 8:40 AM
one of my school's planers, makes that rockwell look like a toy! Weighs 7,600 lb.!
http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Oliver/2614401.pdf

Wait a minute.....could it be the old arn guys are coming to life?:D
A 30" Oliver planer for crying out loud!!!:) :D
Is it still in service?
Arrrhh-Arhhh-Arrhh

Rob

Jack Briggs
11-16-2007, 9:08 AM
Delta/Invicta RU-50 pin router. I have yet to hoist the business part to attach to the stand, but for my <700 sq. ft. shop, it towers over all!

Bill White
11-16-2007, 9:36 AM
Don't know about the "most powerfull" designation, but my 1952/3 Craftsman (King-Seely) floor model drill press is a beast to wiggle around. Just put a new power cord on it. The original was cracking. Guess that after 55+ years it's time.
Bill

Leigh Betsch
11-16-2007, 9:52 AM
Audrey eh? Never seen one of those.

Rob

My daughter is into old movie stars. I named the jig borer after Audrey
Hepburn, cause I think they were probably born about the same time and she is sexy just like Miss Hepburn was.

David Weaver
11-16-2007, 9:58 AM
Yeah...480 volt even!

James Boster
11-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Probably the heaviest would be my Powermatic 225 planer. About 2800# Also close would be the Moak 12" jointer 1600#,Wysong and Miles 273 bicycle sander 1100#, tannawitz 30" (yeah it's a little one) bandsaw @ 1400#, Ekstrom Carslon overarm router #156 @ 800#, Mattison stroke sander probably close to 1500#, woodmizer LT40 @ 3-4000#, and a Kubota L2900 4wd tractor with FEL @ 3000#. Also lots of smaller stuff. Wow I just realized I need a bigger shop!:eek:

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Probably the heaviest would be my Powermatic 225 planer. About 2800# Also close would be the Moak 12" jointer 1600#,Wysong and Miles 273 bicycle sander 1100#, tannawitz 30" (yeah it's a little one) bandsaw @ 1400#, Ekstrom Carslon overarm router #156 @ 800#, Mattison stroke sander probably close to 1500#, woodmizer LT40 @ 3-4000#, and a Kubota L2900 4wd tractor with FEL @ 3000#. Also lots of smaller stuff. Wow I just realized I need a bigger shop!:eek:

That's some serious iron James! Looks like the planers are coming in as the wood shop heavyweights. So far we have the classic 24" Powermatics, the mighty Rockwell, and the one humongous 30" Oliver.
So what's a "bicycle sander"?

Rob

John Callahan
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM

As for the heaviest, that would be me. I outweigh my S14 bandsaw by more than I would like. Hope to change that in a couple of ways next year. Most of my tool purchases have been jobsite oriented plus I didn't have a decent place to set up a shop till now. Makes me wish I'd hung on to my Makita stationary equipment. Hope to be a little skinnier next year too. As for the most powerful, at the moment it would be my Milwaukee 0234-? 1/2" drill. Still remember drilling a subfloor with a 3" holesaw- if fetched up and put my arm through some drywall.

James Boster
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Not sure if this shortcut will work or not.

http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=4741

If not you can see several "Bicycle" sanders at owwm.com website under Wysong and Miles listing. I bought mine a few years back and still don't have it up and running. I have moved it inside(picture shows it setting in shed with jointer and chipper and stumpgrinder) I still need to fabricate a table support for it but other than that it's ready to go. I don't get crazy with restoring my machinery, just don't have time. I make sure all the bearings and oiling mechanisms are ok and run them. I hope to someday strip them all down and clean and repaint them but that will most likely be a retirement thing. Yeah right.:D

James Boster
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Rob, i remember discussing some issues on a Powermatic 225 with you a year or so back and I think I seen where you got it. Did you install a Byrd head in it or keep it original? Not tryng to hijack thread.

Don C Peterson
11-16-2007, 5:17 PM
Don,
I was glad to see your post about the Walker Turner Bandsaw. I followed your link and saw your band saw. I have a 1948 14". If you call Delta, who bought Walker Turner, and they have some records, if you provide them with your serial number, they can tell you what year it was built. I did that, and they told me that mine was built in 1948, and one of the very last ones made.

Bob, she's a beauty! Thanks for the information but mine is one of those famous (in some circles anyway) models where they used the same serial number for the entire 9 years it was in production. I had a bit of a restoration project on my hands as it had been stored for >10yrs. I decided to keep the original paint and just clean 'er up. She's steady and quiet. I have a new Woodmaster CT blade on order and I can't wait to do some resawing once it gets here.

I never actually weighed mine but some other folks have and said they tip the scales at a bit over 700lbs.

Bill Jepson
11-16-2007, 5:20 PM
I guess mine would be a 2003 John Deere 4110 compact tractor. Weight would vary based on the attachments, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 lbs. 23HP, 3cyl diesel with hydrostatic drive.

I'll call your 4110 and raise you a 430 which weighs in at 4800#.
Though when I'm working on the Dodge pickup at 6200# seriously outweighs it. Really the Delta 15" plainer is the current heavest.
I'm sure the band saw will be heavier though.
Bill

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 6:15 PM
Rob, i remember discussing some issues on a Powermatic 225 with you a year or so back and I think I seen where you got it. Did you install a Byrd head in it or keep it original? Not tryng to hijack thread.

I found one with the head allready installed but had never used after the refit. Originally came out of a school shop in Texas. A friend of mine in MO. changed the head.

Don't worry about it, this thread has absolutely no purpose.

Rob

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 6:25 PM
I'll call your 4110 and raise you a 430 which weighs in at 4800#.
Though when I'm working on the Dodge pickup at 6200# seriously outweighs it. Really the Delta 15" plainer is the current heavest.
I'm sure the band saw will be heavier though.
Bill

Yeah, but Matt's got the biggest DC in the neighborhood.
I'll call those GREEN machines with BLUE !!!!
Here's a pic of the NH TC55DA (hayride special).

Rob

Bruce Page
11-16-2007, 6:39 PM
Well if ethnicity does not count…

My turret mill at about 2200 lbs. It is the heavyweight in my shop.

Simon Dupay
11-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Wait a minute.....could it be the old arn guys are coming to life?:D

A 30" Oliver planer for crying out loud!!!:) :D
Is it still in service?
Arrrhh-Arhhh-Arrhh

Rob

Yes, it is still in service, propably the best planer I've ever used (besides my school's other planer a 24" northfield with spiral head). Leaves a glass smooth, snipe-less surface and will eat up anything and spit it back out and ask for seconds (10hp motor), but it is a very loud machine.

Bob Feeser
11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Bruce and Rob,
Thank you for the nod. I appreciate the kind words. Actually, I used a spray can from Home Depot, that was their industrial machine paint, in the same exact color the machine came in. I sanded down through it, and it was the original on this model. The can was like 10 dollars apiece or something, because it was a good design for a spray can, and the paint was supposed to stand up to wear and tear, grease etc.

Sorry for such a long post, but for those who want to restore some old equipment, this may be beneficial. Body, sheet metal work is like making soup, seems like their is more than one way to do it. Nevertheless, I had a shop for 20 years, so prepping metal for paint is something I am familiar with, at least the way I like to do it. I think it is actually fun, when you do it this way. It takes the ag, and the work out of it, and gives you long standing, desirable results. So take out your popcorn, here we go.

After disassembling the pieces, and removing attachments, to get it down to a cast iron door for example, I used a coarse scotch brite pad, some comet cleanser, a hose to wet it with, and scrubbed it real well to get all of the grease off, and scrub the surface. Then I blew it dry using compressed air. By then the grease and oil is already gone, but just for something extra, to get the imbedded stuff out too, I broke out the automotive degreaser, and with paper towels, wet it real well, then wiped it off with dry ones. Blew it all off real well with compressed air, to get any final trapped solvent out.

Then I broke out the DA, random orbit sander, with a coarser grit on it, like 80, and sanded away, to really take the paint down to a solid surface. It had been re-painted once before. So it had some pretty rough areas. See the pic at the bottom of the post. After removing a good deal of the paint, I went back over it with a slighter finer grit, like a 150 or 180, to get the 80 grit scratches out. Then blew all of the dust off of it, and wiped it down with an automotive grade degreaser, making it wet, no scrimping there, and then wiped that off with clean paper towels, finally blowing it all dry and using my degreased hand, blew all of the tiny dust nubs, that could have stuck off.

Then I wiped it down with Dupont Metal Conditioner. The stuff that comes in a plastic container, and is green in color. You actually mix it with 50/50 water. It acid etches the surface, and eliminates any tiny rust dust, I have to call it. (When you sand metal, it creates ultra fine particles of metal, that even the moisture in the air, can start to turn to tiny seeds of rust, the metal conditioner, totally wipes them out, and more, it preps the surface to receive paint. Car manufacturers do it on every car. No flaking paint in years to come. I wiped the extra metal conditioner off with a dry paper towel, and then let the remainder air dry for about a half hour. I did not sand it after that, I went right in, and shot it with a good automotive grade of primer, using a regular spray gun. Little nubs showed, because of not sanding after the metal prep, which is desired.

Then I sanded the primer smooth, leveling all the little nubs, and put on one more coat of primer, which lays it down real smooth, then went over that lightly with 400 grit, and was ready to paint.

It is good to use the degreaser as a final step before top coating, it really makes a smooth surface, eliminates any hand oils, and frees up any sticky dust nubs from the surface. I just go over it with my hand, and compressed air, to make sure everything on the surface is free to fly. Then onto the final finish. This Home Depot spray can surprised me in how smooth of a coat it would put down. A lot of thin coats, until it built to an even gloss.

Let her dry, and take out the box of nuts and bolts, and started reassembling, after moving it down into the basement shop.

One other thing I forgot to mention. While disassembling, I used 2" wide masking tape, to wrap the nuts, bolts, and attaching hardware together, for each section, of door, panel, table top, fence, etc. and with a pen I marked which part they belonged to on the tape. That comes in real handy at assembly time. No having to look in a box full of hardware, and attempt to figure out which bolt when where. Makes assembly a dream.

Every time I see an old world piece of equipment, or even something that is rough from a lot of use, I start thinking about how great it would look, cosmetically disassembled, and refinished. Seems like the old stuff, rubbed down, takes on a look that is special. It sure has a lot of character, and once you are done getting so familiar with it, you kind of feel that part of its heritage is wrapped up in you somehow.

I must admit, the purist has something more valuable by leaving it all original, it for sure is worth more that way. Everyone loves the original finish, knowing it is a true antique. Myself, I like to have it they way they had it back then, old world quality, new. Some of both is nice.

Don,
To tell you the truth, I am kind of new to band sawing. I have yet to buy a blade for it, but have only used the ones that came with it. Are the woodmasters a nice blade? Any tips on what the most widely used type of blade I should have? You know number of teeth per inch, blade width etc.
Click on the attached thumbnail for the before shot...

Rob Will
11-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Just goes to show what somebody who knows what they are doing can do with a spray can. LOL

Excellent description of the prep wok Bob. Thanks.

You ain't been a painter until you've been a car painter;).

Rob

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 8:31 AM
My Jet planer is 550lbs but I have to say it would have to be my Oliver- weighs in at over 4,500 lbs and it is not on wheels-not yet anyways. :D

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=64415&highlight=oliver+lathe

Have a great day! :)
Brian

"Jason Belous"
12-15-2007, 9:47 AM
Heaviest inside the shop would be the mattison 276

This is a big dog sizing in at 5' wide x 12' long x 5' high
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54470&thumb=1&d=1168133293 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54470&d=1168133293)http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54470&thumb=1&d=1168133293 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54470&thumb=1&d=1168133293)

2nd runner up is the rockwell
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54486&thumb=1&d=1168134836 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=54486&d=1168134836)

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 9:52 AM
` could you move that to the right just a little , you know- just knudge it with your hip- yea- I don't think so- wowser! Nice! 9600lbs - now that's some serious equipment!:eek:
Brian

julie Graf
12-15-2007, 9:52 AM
Not sure the 'name brand" but here it is (sans tables, motor and fence) coming down the stairs on an appliance dolly. i don't think appliance dollies were made for this!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2280/1691332033_9d7d7acd73.jpg

we finally got it down and into the shop (long long story) and put together. I think the fence alone weighs more than me.

Al Willits
12-15-2007, 9:54 AM
Not sure about heaviest, but the wifes means of transportation generates over 6000# of thrust out the back of that broom she rides....

Before she see's this and I end up a beaten mass on the floor, I was gonna mention my 15" and 8" Yorkcraft joiner and planer...but thems small stuff compared to what's already been posted...

Impressive stuff.

Al

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 9:59 AM
Do you have a picture??? - your to much- 6000# of thrust- does she know what your input is on this place- I hope not ,for your sake-:eek:

Good one Al,
have a great day Al !
Brian

Brian Weick
12-15-2007, 10:02 AM
about a move- Julie ~ that must have been nerve racking- one slip - I can't even think about it- What is the weight of that?
Brian

Jason King
12-15-2007, 10:05 AM
1905 American Woodworking Universal Saw Bench. 2250lbs.

As a side note, don't trust the weight limits of a harbor freight engine hoist...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2311/2111484849_522515a06e_m.jpg

Tony Joyce
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/woodmolds/K23/K23.jpg%5B/IMG%5DThat would have to my Wadkin 6 head moulder - 10,000lb
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/woodmolds/K23/K23.jpg
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/%3Ca%20href=%22http://photobucket.com%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg% 20src=%22http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/woodmolds/K23/K23.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photo%20Shari ng%20and%20Video%20Hosting%20at%20Photobucket%22%3 E%3C/a%3E

Bruce Page
12-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Jason, Tony, Brian, & Jason,
Big Iron, I bet those machines have never seen the inside of a single car garage!

Al Willits
12-15-2007, 10:38 AM
"""""""
Do you have a picture??? - your to much- 6000# of thrust- does she know what your input is on this place- I hope not ,for your sake-:eek:
""""""""""

Sorry she says its her prototype model and no pictures...
She know what goes on here??
Of course not, I'm still typing aren't I?? :D:D

10,000 # moulder??....It ain't fair, it just ain't fair....:D

Al.......who bets he don't move that puppy out of the way for his wifes car...:)

julie Graf
12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
i have no idea how much it weighs. anyone hazard a guess? 12" jointer...

what you don't see in the picture is the 2 ropes tied around a wall holding the dolly in place. that's how we lowered it down the stairs. on belay!

Tony Joyce
12-15-2007, 11:00 AM
But oldest heavy piece in my shop would be Diehl 55 circa 1948 at 6,500lb

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/woodmolds/Diehl/55002.jpg

Tony Joyce
12-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm sure the 12" jointer weights at least 2,500lb, maybe more. These old cast iron machines are heavy. Once you get them placed you don't have to worry about moving them when you bump into them - you only have worry about the bruise they'll leave.

Scott Kilroy
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Dremel :D

That's got to be one heck of a Dremel or one tiny shop. :)

steve swantee
12-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I guess that this would have to qualify as my heavest piece of machinery http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?ID=3116. It's a John Ballantine & Co. 16" squarehead jointer (1894-1904)- don't know about weight, but I got it home on the back of my uncle's pulp truck. We used the loader to load/unload it. Very heavy castings, in sime places over an inch thick. Great machine, and that humongous square head whipping around really keeps you on your toes-kind if like hand feeding a Great White.

Steve

Bruce Page
12-15-2007, 1:16 PM
Steve, that's a sweet jointer.

Mike Heidrick
12-15-2007, 2:42 PM
I am a tractor shop guy as well.

Deere 3320, 72" 7-iron, and 300X is 4750lbs. Not a 430 though! Sweet CUT.
As for Woodworking tools
Delta 20" DC580 is 1000lbs and DJ30 12" jointer is 2nd.
Not sure the weight of the IdealArc 300 from 1942 though.

Al Willits
12-15-2007, 2:42 PM
I definitely have tool envy....gonna go home after work and sulk....

Al

Chris Barnett
12-15-2007, 4:02 PM
Before you get well, hows about a post on antique tools.