PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up For PopWW in Ohio

Doug Evans
02-12-2004, 8:26 PM
It is only a couple of weeks away, and we will be at Pop Woodworking's Cincinnati headquarters (Feb. 25th) with our Infill Plane travelling roadshow... and we're going loaded for bear!

We did up a wack of little planes earlier this week but, tomorrow we're heading north into 17 1/2" and Jointer(s) country - and not just onesy-twosey's either. Probably one of our largest displays ever full sets in brass and steel.

Chris... you might want to install drool troughs for a few of these.

If anyone is in the area, you might want to contact Chris. While Ben talks, I am going to build something.

Cheers,

Doug

Dave Anderson NH
02-13-2004, 5:38 AM
You guys must be working on cornering the world supply of cocobolo. Any chance you and Roger Myers have reached a meeting of the minds yet on April?

Roger Myers
02-13-2004, 9:26 AM
Doug, give me a call over the weekend if you can (not Saturday until after 2 - it's our Guild meeting!)
Looks like we have sufficient interest to suggest that April 10th will work for us....still have to coordinate logistics/tools/etc////
Roger

Doug Evans
02-13-2004, 9:50 PM
2004 is really beginning to take shape early. Today, Ben finished off a spectacular brass mitre. The shop is buzzing.

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Evans
02-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I will call you on the weekend Roger.

We'll pop in some piccy's of the bigger planes, as we progress through the week.

Regards,

Doug

Tom Howard
02-15-2004, 8:32 AM
Chris Schwarz was the featured speaker at the Woodworkers of Central Ohio meeting yesterday, and he mentioned this event. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can make it. He had a couple with him and they sure looked nice!

-tom

Paul Heagen
02-15-2004, 9:45 AM
[QUOTE=Doug Evans]It is only a couple of weeks away, and we will be at Pop Woodworking's Cincinnati headquarters (Feb. 25th) with our Infill Plane travelling roadshow... and we're going loaded for bear!

Is this a woodworkjing show or some kind of local chapter meeting? What time, location? Who's Chris?

Thanks.

Doug Evans
02-15-2004, 8:14 PM
Chris Schwarz is an Executive Editor with Popular Woodworking magazine. PopWood and The Cincinnati Woodworking Club are hosting us for an evening of infill planes. Chris posted this on Wood Central last week:

On Wednesday, Feb. 25, Shepherd Tool is going to visit Popular Woodworking, give a presentation on the history of infill planes and actually build a little chariot plane during the talk.

Anyone from this list who lives near Cincinnati is invited to attend. The program starts at 6 p.m. We serve a little dinner and the whole thing is over by 9 p.m. or so.

This also is the first time we've opened up our workshop to the public since we moved our offices about two years ago, so there's lots to see. In addition to looking over the shop and learning about infills, you'll also get to give the three Shepherd planes I've built a test-drive.

Our seating is limited, so if you want to attend it would be best to RSVP as soon as possible. The last day to register for this program (it's totally free, by the way) will be Feb. 18, but I suspect it will fill up before then.

To RSVP, send me an email to my work address (chris.schwarz@fwpubs.com) with your name, mailing address and phone number. I'll get you on the list and an electronic map to our office.

These programs are always a load of fun so I hope some of you will attend. And bring your WoodCentral hat. I'll have mine on.

Chris Let us know if we can expect to see you there!

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Evans
02-15-2004, 8:29 PM
We will bring some very interesting planes with us (two, which have not been announced).

One stunning new plane which we are just launching is this new 17 1/2" Brass Adjustble Panel plane. It is a mate to the Norris smoother.

We'll probably bottom-out the truck on the way down!Cheers,

Doug

Donnie Raines
02-16-2004, 8:17 PM
I will be in attendance on the 25th. Chris has shared many of his planes with me over the last year or so....I have even used some of the planes he has made......(and you thought LN planes were sweet!!).....If you would like to meet, just look for the real good looking blonde with glasses....
......Ok look for the guy wearing glasses, with blonde hair sitting in the corner by himself.......see you guys there.

DonnieR

Doug Evans
02-17-2004, 1:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing you Donnie. Chris sent us an email on the weekend, saying that it was pretty much booked up. Sounds like it will be a great event!

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Evans
02-17-2004, 9:34 PM
I was talking to Chris this morning and the talk is now fully booked - I think Ben's gettin' kinda nervous... I tole 'im not to worry though... any of em get outta line an Ile url a 26 oz ball pein their way... kinda calmed the big feller down a bit. He sure does seem to have no problem as a group leader in a single malt tastin though... get's all exponential as the night wears on... guess you dont need a four-factor replicatun DOE to figure that one out though.

Yers,

Doug (six sigma gurew packin a six-gun... or was that a six-pack?)