PDA

View Full Version : G0458 is Here!

Byron Trantham
11-15-2007, 3:58 PM
I received my Grizzly Open End Sander today. Came UPS with lift gate service ($32 extra and well worth it). I had them drop their gate to the level of my truck bed. I can't move it until this Saturday. It has to go down a basement walk-out and Godzilla wasn't available today!:mad:

My initial reaction is Grizzly knows how ship stuff (350lbs!). Mounted on a pallet, cardboard outer cover (no damage), 3/4" plywood on all sides, and strapping tape. The "loose" stuff inside was well strapped down.

I already found one change from the original description. The dust extraction port now comes with a 4" adapter. I looked inside the exhaust port and saw what looks like a 6" or so impeller like the one on my dust collector. Nice touch. Looking at the pics, the one with two pieces is the original design and the 4" adapter. The pic with one piece is the two pieces connected.

The stand that comes with it is industrial strength. It isn't sheet metal like I thought it was going to be, it's steel and heavy.

Can't wait until I can fire the sucker up. I will post more pics as the install progresses.

Folks I have no idea how well this thing is going to work but the fit and finish is pristine. This thing is massive in terms of weight. It gives you the feeling that could thickness plane a tree trunk.

LOML likes the colors, red belt and green trim, says it reminds her of Christmas.:rolleyes:

Well so much for pics. Dawmill Creek "database error." I will try later.

Ben Grunow
11-15-2007, 8:28 PM
Congrats!

Come on over to my house and I'lll help you unload it.

Ben