PDA

View Full Version : Great deals on PM Jet and Delta at......

Chuck Burns
11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm new to the forum but thought I'd share the deal I recently got on tools. I decided to upgrade my equipment from old Craftsman stuff. After getting quotes from people all around the country I ended up doing business with Richard at Timberline Tools ( http://timberlinetools.com/ ) in Orem Utah. He has a sale going on from the 14th thru the 17th and is selling stationary tools at cost. As I was buying four tools he gave me the sale price even though I was buying a week before the sale.

I got a SawStop that I had to pay retail for.
A PM 15HH Helical 15" planer for 1650
A PM PJ882 8" jointer for 1375
A Jet 18" 3HP bandsaw for 1100
A Jet AFS1000 air filter for 185

As he was the next state over and it was delivered out of state there was no sales tax. And as he was selling four machines he put them in a covered trailer and sent his driver on a four hour (one way) trip to deleiver them. The driver was very knowledgable and spent six hours working with me getting everything set up.

The packaging was in great shape and there was no damage of any kind. The SawStop was exceptionally well crated as was the 882. I didn't see how the 15HH was crated as when I ordered it they had just uncrated it to put it on the floor.

Everything works great. The SawStop is an incredible machine and worth buying on the basis of quality alone; irregardless of the safety features. I've never used as smooth a saw in my life; and that includes the 2000 pound behemoth my friends at the lunber yard used to let me use. The 15HH is amazinly quiet. So quiet I just ordered a Byrd head from Holbren for the 882. I got the std 882 and not the HH because the HH version didn't have a Byrd head (unlike the planer which does have a Byrd head)and for the difference in price I could buy the Byrd head. The Jet BS is a cutting fool and at the price seems to be the biggest bang for the buck.

Yesterday afternoon UPS dropped of the 8 boxes containing the Oneida 2.5HP Super Dust Gorrila. That will be my Saturday project. The folks at Oneida were great to deal with and they have a deal on shipping going on right now with 99 UPS on anything under 3 HP.

At any rate I'm very happy with the tools and the deal I got from Timberline and would suggest you give Richard or one of his people a call before the 17th if you're in the market for tools and want a great deal.

Chuck

Jim Becker
11-15-2007, 1:48 PM
Chuck...welcome to SMC. Now, of course, I need to mention that gloats are not official until the pictures are posted... ;) :) :D

Chuck Burns
11-15-2007, 2:28 PM
Well, Ive got a digital camera but I haven't quite figured out how to post the pics online. I'll see what I can do.

And I'm not really gloating; I just think I did prety well and wanted to let others know here is a 3 day window to get a great deal. You know, I love my kids, but they're grown, educated and out of the house. This "empty nester" thing is everything it's cracked up to be. I get to indulge myself in some nice things that I couldn't have afforded before. I confess to having a weakness for tools and guns.

David Weaver
11-15-2007, 3:36 PM
That's some good deals. Jet must be really offering some good deals to dealers.

I just picked up the Jet 18" saw for $1050 with free delivery - but it was the 1.75hp 110 volt version. I like it. I like the tension mechanism, the guides and the (surprise to me) cast trunnion. If I had better access to 220 in my shop, I would've gotten the 3hp version.

They've done some sort of redesign, or they've just started purchasing from someone else, and there aren't any reviews of the saw. I couldn't turn the deal down and was willing to chance it.

Chuck Burns
11-16-2007, 12:42 AM
In preparation for doing this about six months ago I had an electrician add a 100 amp subpanel for the garage. After he drops a few more outlets tomorrow (I hadn't intended on getting a 240V DC or a bandsaw) I'll be able to have all four tools, my old 60 gal (1945-1950 vintage) 2hp Ingersol compressor and 2.5 hp dust collector all plugged in. I guess theoretically I could have them all running at the same time but really don't see having more than two machines running at the same time. The compressor is on it's own circuit as it comes on when it chooses and the dust collector will be isolated too.

As to the Jet bandsaw I kind of took a flier on it too. I did find a video review of it from a trade show on the FWW website. The review said they beefed up the steel housing and the trunion. And the 18" comes with roller guides unlike the 16". It seems like a lot of saw for the money. The PM 14" would only have been 212 cheaper after adding the riser block. The adjustments are easy and it cruises effortlessly thru everything I've used it on. The 3 hp was 105 more expensive than the 1.75.