PDA

View Full Version : My Version of a TS Sled

Greg Cole
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
After looking, researching and umm... plagerising a few ideas I decided to make one. I wanted multi functions (cross cuts, miters & support for cut off etc) and only wanted to make one as with a small shop storage is always an issue.
3/4 BB ply base, 4/4 hard maple laminated bridges & hard maple edging all finished with BLO for good measure. 1/2" MDF kerf plate easily changed via screws from the back side. I planned on using phenolic covered BB ply (on order waiting delivery, but I didn't want to wait on making the sled or the "round-tuit" might not come back for another year or 3).
All t-track etc is Incra. One modification to the t-track was to mill some of the material out to create a way to remove hold downs etc with front & rear bridges covering the ends of the track. Having metal working machines at the day job has it's benefits.;)

Cheers.

Greg

Greg Cole
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Umm... seem to be having difficulty with the attachments?
Trying again.... ok, I can't upload pics at this time???
Is it just me, cause I get this now every time I try to upload...
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/image.php?type=dberrorDatabase errorThe Sawmill Creek database has encountered a problem.

Never had a problem before?

Greg

John Borgwardt
11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I hope you can figure out what is going wrong. I would like to see your version of the sled. :D Bogart

Greg Cole
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
John,
Me too, this is umm... well bugging me to say the least. Never had a problem before and 'bout ready to kick something.:mad:
Every upload attempt I get that same message....

Greg

Tom Cowie
11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
same thing happened to me last night around 8:30pm. All it said was that the Data base had an error and gave three options that didn't help. I haven't been able to post pictures sine that. I'm sure that it will be fixed as soon as possible if it's a forum error and not something that we are doing wrong. I did get four pics to upload right before that happened to me last night so who knows.

Tom

Greg Cole
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Tom, I can't see what I am doing differently than previously....
I've sent Aaron an e-mail to make sure my head isn't where I am sitting...:confused:

Greg

Bill Huber
11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I want to see it also, I am just about to the point to start a new sled and would love to see your ideas.

Tom Cowie
11-15-2007, 9:07 PM
Still saying Data Base error while trying to Upload pics from my computer. Hope to see your pics of your sled Greg . If you get it working let us know.

Tom

Graham Skinner
11-15-2007, 9:14 PM
Data Base error for me as well, and I'm getting the same message on one of the other threads as well.

Mike McCann
11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
can you put the pictures in photobucket and then post the link.

Greg Cole
11-16-2007, 5:25 PM
See if this works this go 'round......
If it does & seems like it will, THANKS AARON. :D
Also a peek of the place LOML refers to as "my apartment".....:cool:

Happy Friday.

Greg

Richard Dragin
11-16-2007, 5:30 PM
It's very pretty. How high can you raise the blade?

Greg Cole
11-16-2007, 5:36 PM
Ummm, like all the way. LOL
Bout 2 n 3/8 th's of blade at max height to answer your question.... so about 2" maximum cut thickness.

Greg

Eric Gustafson
11-16-2007, 5:40 PM
That is durn nice! :rolleyes: What a great idea to add the t-slots.

Richard Dragin
11-16-2007, 5:45 PM
I guess it must be an optical illusion then because if the base is 3/4" the cut looks to be about 1-1/2".

Greg Cole
11-16-2007, 5:48 PM
The blade wasn't all da way up...... ;)

glenn bradley
11-16-2007, 6:08 PM
Very nicely done. Here's a variation on bolthead access:

Norman Pyles
11-16-2007, 7:09 PM
Nice looking sled. I like the T-track and hold downs.