PDA

View Full Version : Photograv upgrade

Barbara Buhse
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I heard the new version of Photograv is available? I could be wrong...Has anyone upgraded to the new one yet? Is it good? Is it expensive to upgrade? Most of all, is it worth the expense (whatever that may be) to upgrade to the new version?

Barbara Buhse

Larry Bratton
11-15-2007, 5:52 PM
I heard the new version of Photograv is available? I could be wrong...Has anyone upgraded to the new one yet? Is it good? Is it expensive to upgrade? Most of all, is it worth the expense (whatever that may be) to upgrade to the new version?

Barbara Buhse
Barbara:
I looked on their website. It is available. Laserbits charges $199 for the upgrade. I haven't ordered it yet, but proabably will at some point after I read some feedback from persons using it. Waiting to see before spending $200. That's a lot for an upgrade to a $400 program.

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-15-2007, 7:00 PM
If you bought it this year, it is cheaper to upgrade from photograv direct.
All I had to do was send in a copy of the invoice and they pro-rate it by month.

Larry Bratton
11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
If you bought it this year, it is cheaper to upgrade from photograv direct.
All I had to do was send in a copy of the invoice and they pro-rate it by month.
Paul:
That's good news. I bought mine from Laserbits in about March of this year. I'll check on that issue. Thanks for updating us.

Larry Bratton
11-20-2007, 5:30 PM
I got the new version today. The price was prorated based on my purchase in March of this year. Total price was $145 with shipping. I have looked at it and read about some of the new features. My initial impression is that it is vastly improved. It will now accept tif,jpg and png files as well as bmp files. It will also accept color. The interactive process looks to be more sophisticated for sure. Whether or not it works any better has yet to be determined as I have not engraved anything with it yet. I will post my thoughts as I use it. :cool: