PDA

View Full Version : Engraving for Masons - awards or similar

Clyde Baumwell
11-15-2007, 9:44 AM
I am looking for ideas to suggest to a potential client. He wants me to engrave a Masonic cane for an awards dinner and also asked what other ideas I might be able to offer him.

I suspect there are people out there with some experience engraving for Masons. (?)

Darren Null
11-15-2007, 10:08 AM
An acrylic trouser-leg clip. hehehe.

Plates, glasses, place settings...anything to do with large dinners is good. Also trophies for fundraising activities. And anything you can get masonic logos onto.
EDIT: Ornate table centrepieces. Do a search on the board for edge-lit acrylic.

Stephen Beckham
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Okay - don't throw anything at me... This may sound like a joke, but I did it locally and it works well...

The MASON jars with the handles. I put the mason logo on the side and it worked great. You can get them for a couple bucks each - since they are three flat sides and a handle side, they give you about a 3X4 inch space that you can etch as a flat panel (no rotator required). They liked the irony of 'Mason on Mason'... I've also put the OES logo on there for the ladies - not sure, but I believe that's the auxillary organization for the masons... Sorry for limited knowledge of the Masons - I'm a Knight of Columbus....

You can get them from AceMart.com or Marck Glass.

Another option is to get the Mason 2" Enamel Disk from Classic-Medallics.com they go over well and you can put them on lots of items to add color to almost anything...

Paul Proffitt
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I have a client who is a mason and makes gavels and plaques to hold them that he sells to his and other lodge members. I engrave the plaques he provides with the recipient's information (an appreciation-for-service statement) on the plaque.

Frank Corker
11-15-2007, 11:15 AM
An acrylic trouser-leg clip. hehehe

..........LOL :D

David James
01-31-2009, 9:44 PM
I am a Master Mason with a lodge in Californian. Our lodge has in the past been using crummy jpeg. artwork for engraving their awards and such. Now that I am in the business, I am looking for vector files of the Masonic square and compass and any other Masonic related artwork. I am also looking for Eastern Star, Jobs Daughters, and DeMolay vector files. They all seem to be behind the times when if comes to having the right artwork. Thanks a bunch, David.

Bill Cunningham
01-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I am a Master Mason with a lodge in Californian. Our lodge has in the past been using crummy jpeg. artwork for engraving their awards and such. Now that I am in the business, I am looking for vector files of the Masonic square and compass and any other Masonic related artwork. I am also looking for Eastern Star, Jobs Daughters, and DeMolay vector files. They all seem to be behind the times when if comes to having the right artwork. Thanks a bunch, David.

Try this David..
http://www.vector-logos.com/result-ru.html?search=mason

Kenneth Hertzog
01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
I've made custom pen boxes and pens as well as pocket watches
All with the masonic enblem and lodge info.
pens and pocket watches were made with blue acrylic

ken

Frank Corker
02-01-2009, 7:36 AM
I've made custom pen boxes and pens as well as pocket watches
All with the masonic enblem and lodge info.
pens and pocket watches were made with blue acrylic
ken

Pictures speak more than a thousand words.

Kenneth Hertzog
02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Frank

I'll see what I can find
Haven't done any for a while

ken

Mike Null
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
These aren't good art but you can get an idea from them.

http://mastermason.com/clipart/images/misc/misc.html

Scott Shepherd
02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Type in Masonic Gifts in google and you'll find a days work going through them.

One of the larger one's appears to be :

http://www.freemasonstore.com/index.php

A lot of promotion level things on there. Lots of imprinted items or silkscreened. Might give you some ideas.