PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fade and Corel/ Word

Brian Robison
11-14-2007, 3:55 PM
Hello all, I've done this before but I don't remember how.
I need to import text from a Word document. When I do you'd think it was a 1 gig file, it basically stops the computer.
I also need to put the text in a box that can be shaped.

Scott Shepherd
11-14-2007, 4:01 PM
Can't help on the Word issue, but if I understand what you want correctly, Envelope is what you want to use to put it into a box that can be reshaped (to make it look like the titles and credits in the old Star Wars movies).

Brian Robison
11-14-2007, 4:05 PM
Hi Scott, Steve, :D
No I'm looking at fitting text around an object.

Scott Shepherd
11-14-2007, 4:15 PM
Gotcha!

Create object, create text, highlight text, go up top to menu "Text", "Fit Text to Path" and then click on the object.

Hope that's what you meant.

Richard Rumancik
11-14-2007, 4:22 PM
I would normally just do a copy and paste. Highlight text in Word, Control-C to copy to clipboard, open Corel, create a text box, and when you get your text cursor do a Control-V (paste). (It will ask if you want to maintain formatting and fonts.)

After that you can convert to artistic text and manipulate as needed.

Brian Robison
11-14-2007, 4:35 PM
Hi Richard, that's basically what I did except for the convert to artistic text.
Steve, nope wrong again, sorry. Text inside a box with a picture in it. Text leaving room for the picture.
Dang hard to explain!

Brian Robison
11-14-2007, 5:01 PM
OK figured it out. Make the box for the shape needed.
Pick the box, Pick text tool, using the cursor pick the box after you get an "AB" ( near the edge of the box), paste
maintain fonts blah blah blah.

Brian Robison
11-21-2007, 1:20 PM
OK, back in trouble again.
Is there a setting that could be wrong?
It wants to center the text of put it on several pages.
It's not going in the box I make.

Mike Null
11-21-2007, 2:07 PM
Brian

In order to do what you want you need to save the Word file as a text file instead of a doc. file. Then you can open it and copy/paste and be able to change to artistic test in corel. Same thing can happen with an Excel file.