PDA

View Full Version : Laser Info Site

George Elston
11-14-2007, 3:17 PM
I ran into this site while looking for something else, but what a find. http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm

Looks like everything you ever wanted to know about lasers, but I have only gone a couple of levels deep.

Frank Corker
11-14-2007, 5:20 PM
Wow there is an awful lot of information but it is (yawn) really heavy going. In fact it is the geeks page for laser engraving nerds. It's probably all pretty real but, I'm afraid I prefer 'okay let's switch on the laser and burn things, gosh that went well, let's burn something else!' type of site, I hope we are not going down that road or it will end up being just as 'interesting'. I know, let's burn a nerd!!

George Elston
11-14-2007, 7:41 PM
Frank,

Yea I too would rather be burning, (especially today, spent the whole day trying to get my exhaust filtration to work right) but there are the occasional times that some technical expertise is needed. Didn't look at everything on the site, your right just a "little" techie. It is more for the guy that wants to build a laser, than run one. But a lot of info and history. And please nerd is such a charged term, I prefer geek.

Yours in nerdness (is that a word, should it be hyphenated?)

Mr. Geek