PDA

View Full Version : Our Forum's Fund Drive

Ken Shoemaker
11-14-2007, 2:45 PM
I have been reading and learning so much from the members over the last month that it got me to wondering; Is the $6.00 or 50 cents a month, that has saved me hundereds or more, kept me entertained, and who's work has provided so much inspiration a fair price?????? I think I've found the best deal in the planet.... I'd gladly give 2 -3-4-5 times as much and still see it as a GREAT DEAL.

I hope you've all joined me in mashing the donate button to ensure that we all have a place to go on our lunch hours at work, down time at home, or that breather from the shop to ask a question or get/give advise to those who do.

Just wondering.... KenS

Matt Crew
11-14-2007, 2:52 PM
I saved much more than that just finding out about tool discounts that have been listed in this forum, or which tool to buy, and thats mostly from just reading the threads that are already there.

Bill Wyko
11-14-2007, 4:20 PM
That's why I donated 25 bucks. Cheap at twice the price. Come on everyone, dig deep.:D

Dave Novak
11-14-2007, 4:26 PM
I donated $100.00, but I need everyone's help more than most ...

Brian Gumpper
11-14-2007, 4:38 PM
Thanks for the reminder Ken. I sent over $100 myself. I appreciate the knowledge and business the forum has afforded me and would gladly send more if needed.

Bill Wyko
11-14-2007, 5:06 PM
Nice job guys. If business were better I'd send even more. Mobile electronics is taking a beating with all the new technology in cars these days. Keep it up everyone, nice job.:D

Don Bullock
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I have been reading and learning so much from the members over the last month that it got me to wondering; Is the $6.00 or 50 cents a month, that has saved me hundereds or more, kept me entertained, and who's work has provided so much inspiration a fair price?????? I think I've found the best deal in the planet.... KenS

Graet reminder Ken. At the rate of $6/year it will take me a lot of years just to pay the amount I saved on a SCMS that someone here found on sale on Amazon one day. I wouldn't have a miter saw without that post. That saw has been a fantastic addition to my shop. I actually use it more than I use my SawStop.

Bruce Page
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
You guys are talking about saving money? :confused:
With all of my informed tool purchases, SMC has cost me a bundle over the last 4½ years! :p

Gary Keedwell
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
With all of my informed tool purchases, SMC has cost me a bundle over the last 4½ years! :p
Amen to that Bruce:eek: :D

Gary

Don Bullock
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM

I never said that SMC hasn't cost me a bundle either,;) :D but it has saved me some cash. I can definately say that my shop would have far fewer tools in it if I hadn't found this forum. SWMBO allows me to follow your advice on tool purchases and has greatly supported the purchases that the people here have recommended. I certainly have gained far more than a savings in money from the people along the creek.

Gary Keedwell
11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
That reminds me of when my wife comes home with tons of bags from the mall and tells me how much money she SAVED because there was a big sale.:( :)

Gary

Jim Becker
11-15-2007, 5:27 AM

Nyet! SMC has helped you make better INVESTMENTS in your tooling... :D

Don Bullock
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Now, that's a quote that I need to remember the next time I NEED a new tool.

Thanks Jim;) :D

Bill Huber
11-15-2007, 2:11 PM

Plus the techniques learned here have made your skills much better so as not to waste wood.... Now you can say you are going Green.

You have less waste, which means you will throw away less, which means the trash truck will be lighter, which means you have lowered your carbon footprint.

So just look, Sawmill Creek as helped lower the carbon output of the world. Maybe it will get a Normbel prize :D :D