PDA

View Full Version : Nailer lubricant

Chris Barnett
11-14-2007, 1:50 AM
Looking for readily available alternative lubricant to the manufacturer's brand for brad nailer. Hitachi instructions recommend a non-detergent oil. Would think a standard 3-in-1 or light turbine oil would be OK.

Denny Rice
11-14-2007, 2:21 AM
Looking for readily available alternative lubricant to the manufacturer's brand for brad nailer. Hitachi instructions recommend a non-detergent oil. Would think a standard 3-in-1 or light turbine oil would be OK.

Marvel Oil out of Chicago makes and sells a really good non-detergent oil for air tools. Its red in color, I have used it for years with no problem. You can purchase this oil just about anywhere good tools are sold. I buy mine from the Matco tool man just because he comes to the shop once a week. I want to say the last 4 oz. bottle cost about 4 or 5 dollars. Hope this helps.:D

Bob Childress
11-14-2007, 8:19 AM
Marvel Oil out of Chicago makes and sells a really good non-detergent oil for air tools. Its red in color, I have used it for years with no problem. You can purchase this oil just about anywhere good tools are sold. I buy mine from the Matco tool man just because he comes to the shop once a week. I want to say the last 4 oz. bottle cost about 4 or 5 dollars. Hope this helps.:D

Yeap. The marvel oil is the go. Can buy it typically in any auto parts store over in the air tools section. :)

Chris Barnett
11-14-2007, 9:11 AM
Bob, Denny- Marvel...now I remember that name. Don't have a drop but that will change soon as I find it local; have seen it but don't remember where. Want to try out new nailer and don't want to take time to order. Thanks...exactly what I was trying to find.- Chris

Bob Smalser
11-14-2007, 9:26 AM
Any Home Depot or Lowes has oil formulated for nail guns and also compressor oil in their tool sections. The important part is an applicator designed to fit a quarter-inch quick-disconnect so you can oil the tool every day of use without making a mess.

Bruce Wrenn
11-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Harbor Freight is currently selling a bottle for $2.99. I think it is CRC brand, and 15 oz. A couple drops perked up my DeVilbis brad nailer. Should have bought two- one to not be able to find, and one to use.

SCOTT ANDREWS
11-15-2007, 12:35 AM
[quote=Chris Barnett;693781]Bob, Denny- Marvel...now I remember that name. Don't have a drop but that will change soon as I find it local; have seen it but don't remember where. Want to try out new nailer and don't want to take time to order. Thanks...exactly what I was trying to find.- Chris[/quote

Check your Walmart if you have one.I have bought it there before.Good stuff.