PDA

View Full Version : Conference Room Slider Photos

Scott Shepherd
11-13-2007, 9:47 PM
I have a meeting with a customer who wants a conference room sign that has the "occupied" "Not occupied" slider on it. I've made several of these in the past and never took any photos or made any extras. The customer doesn't have anything in mind, not even other signs in that area I can try and replicate the look and feel of. She repeatedly wanted to know what it might look like and my answer of "whatever you want it to look like" seemed to make her uncomfortable. So I'd like to be able to go in with a couple of photos that show some options.

I've looked through all my catalogs and I don't have anything but one Photopolymer process catalog that has anything. Anyone seen anything online that might be that type of slider so I can print something to take to her as a baseline place to start with in helping her tell me what she's looking for?

Thanks!

Joe Pelonio
11-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Cripes, how do you come up with these things, Scott? I've done them too, but never took a picture.

Try this one from a catalog. Animated gif even (click it):

Scott Shepherd
11-14-2007, 9:25 AM
Yeah, I know, I see some a variety of stuff, don't I? :) Glad you guys are here. I need to put y'all on the payroll :)

Thanks Joe, that's even better. I hadn't seen one like that. The ones I have made all had the main part of the sign saying "Conference Room" and at the bottom, it had the slider. I like this all in one version.

Where'd you get that? Maybe I have the catalog and missed it.

Thanks!

Joe Pelonio
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Pacific Sign and Rubber Stamps

Scott Shepherd
02-20-2008, 2:38 PM
I found a very nice product in the Johnson Plastic catalog. It's 6" x 6", aluminum frame with the slider bar included. You get to take your normal plastic, engrave anything you want, cut to fit it, and then you can do the same for the background of the slider (vacant/occupied or whatever), and then you cut the slider.

Total cost was something like $10 for the frame blank. For $50, you can offer up a custom, very nice looking sign that only takes a couple of minutes to engrave and cut out. Heck, for $50, you can't buy the simple one's on the internet, so it's nice to add something that's more custom to the end user for the same price. I ordered one as a sample and just sold 2 of them after showing them to a customer.

It's page 190 of the 2007 Johnson Plastic catalog. Top left corner.