PDA

View Full Version : Steel City Table Saw 35670

Mike McCann
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Well I just picked up my table saw from Woodcraft this morning. It comes in 4 boxes. This is my first big table saw upcrading from a craftsman bench saw. My first impression is boy is this sucker heavy they used a forklift to get it in the car. I was very impressed with the way it was packaged. I had heard bad stories on this forum of tools being ruined by bad packaging. The main cabinet of the saw came in a metal cage bolted to a metal pallet with 1/4 in carboard wrapped around. It was almost like a steel roll cage. The motor inside the cabinet was surronded by foam and would not shake at all. Also with the cabinet cage were the cast iron leaves wraped in foam. and all the parts in a box.

Now to put it together and make some cuts.

Greg Cole
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Congrats on the supposed upgrade.... :D
No pics=no gloat..... yet.
I don't have anything Steel City brand, but most of what I hear-see n read is good.

Cheers,
Greg

Mike McCann
11-13-2007, 1:43 PM
I will get a picture up after I put it together.

Bryan Somers
11-13-2007, 1:53 PM
Thats the saw I have my eyes on upgrading to, and with the $100 rebate makes it more attractive. Let us know how you like it when its up and running.

Leland Berry
11-15-2007, 3:00 PM
:D You will love that saw. I have a 35625, that I got such a deal on
that to tell everyone would put an end to all gloats. It is quiet-Built
like a tank . Excellant fit/finish. All the stops were dead-on from the
factory. I'm not a good source of comparison to other cab.saws, but
I've been around machinery all my life, and SC surely knew what they
were doing.----enjoy !

Mike McCann
11-15-2007, 4:52 PM
I am very impressd with the saw. It is my first nice one but it is extremely quite and the set up was very easy. I've ripped some 8/4 walnut on it already and it was extremely smooth.

Grant Vanbokklen
11-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Post some pics also of how it was packed please :)

Mike McCann
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Sorry I was so excited to get the saw home and unpacked I did not take any pictures.