PDA

View Full Version : Delta band saw tune up?????

Wayne Cooper
03-04-2003, 10:24 AM
I bought a used Delta 14 inch band saw and started to tune it up.
In regards to the upper wheel. The bearing is tight but the shaft that the bearing and wheel ride on is loose or at least there is play in it. Is it suppose to be like that??
Thanks Wayne Cooper Charlotte NC

Steve Roxberg
03-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Locate the number for Iturra. They sell bandsaw parts and the guy there is an expert on the saws. I'd get his opinion and purchase the parts at the same time. Sorry I don't have the number, and they don't have a web site.

Lee Schierer
03-04-2003, 12:09 PM
I just walked out tot he shop and checked mine. If I take the tension all teh way off, The Shaft for the upper wheel is tight in the slide that moves for tensioning. The slide does have a slight amount of play.

I have a problem with mine, at least it was a problem as I saw it, with the blade guides under the table being loose on their microadjustment slide. I shimmed the bar the adjustment assembly ride on with some UHMW tape and the lower blade guides are firmly in place even though they are easily adjusted. This bar should have been made about 0.10" thicker at the factory.

Did you call Delta? They have some pretty good people that answer the phone. If you find one that knows bandsaws you could be in luck. Or did you talk to the store wehre you bought it?