PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pics

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio
02-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Is anyone else having a problem posting pictures? I believe I am following all the procedures, but I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks,
Dave

Bruce Page
02-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Dave, I just tried and it didn't work either. I posted one yesterday and it was easy as pie.

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio
02-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Thanks Bruce,

I saw that your pic didn't show up. I tried to post a pic, but it didn't show up in the preview screen. I'm sure that Keith will let us know what's up.

Dave

Bruce Page
02-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Dave, it was so easy yesterday that I didn't bother with the preview button. As you said, Keith will let us know what's up.

Aaron Koehl
02-13-2003, 12:34 AM
It appears to be working like a charm--

Click 'Attach File' below when you post--

Keith Outten
02-13-2003, 9:02 AM
There is a trick to posting pictures.

Create your message then preview.

When your text is correct and after you preview go to the bottom of the message and select the Attach File Browse Button. Browse your files and select your picture then hit the Submit Reply Button.

If you select your pic first, then preview, the software will kick out the file name. Remember that you can simply submit your message then edit it after it is on the board without using the preview. This is a very nice feature of this software, being able to edit your posts.

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio
02-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks Keith,

I'll give it a try....

Dave

Kurt Krauter in Indy
02-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I've seen you prowling the site a few times but haven't had the time to catch up with you. This place is really going to be special, I think.

I see that you are planning to be at Ray's place in April, I also plan on being there & can't wait to see everyone!!

Oh......by the way......your bowl looks great. I finally tried one of those things on a piece of 8/4 maple that I resawed and basically bookmatched. Being my first go.....needless to say....it didn't turn out quite like the one you posted (my match line, after some catch issues, et al, didn't quite make it to the exact middle of the bowl and thus is about 3/16 above center)

Oh well....there's always a first time for all new things.

As soon as I get my act together, I'll pic and post.

Take care and see around the "Mill"

Kurt

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio
02-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Hey Kurt,

I was supposed to send you some info. I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I think it had something to do with the Glaser screw chuck. Please send me an e-mail about it.

Also thanks for the great tips on making the pens, I still haven't tried one yet, but I have filed all your good info in the the back of my brain. It's just that accessing the back of my brain is not always that easy... :-)

See ya soon,
Dave

Kurt Krauter in Indy
02-14-2003, 8:02 AM
Morning, Dave

I tracked down that Glaser chuck through Packard and also got a set of the sanding "cones" with pads. I really like them all.

Haven't had much time to turn anything other than pens...Might have a line on a decent place to sell them at decent cabbage.

We'll see....I've learned that the best intentions for making any money at this are always off by a significant factor:( .

See Ya,
Kurt

Jason Roehl
02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Is that the bowl you started at the January Pond-O-Rama?

Jason

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio
02-15-2003, 9:39 PM
Hi Jason,

No, that is a piece from last year. I just finished the one I was working on at Ray's a couple of days ago.

As a matter of fact, I was trying to take some pics of it today. I just bought a new digital camera, and the learning curve is a bit longer that I thought it would be. I hope to have a decent pic to post tomorrow....

Dave

Tony Sade
02-16-2003, 6:25 AM
Just a test to see if I can figure out how to post a picture. Thanks and nice forum, Keith.

Sorry about the picture size. Next time I'll make sure to resize before I post. :)

Tony Sade
02-16-2003, 6:33 AM
Thought I'd try another one to see if my picture shows up with my name. Feel free to comment-some day I'll have to have a better picture taken-this is all I could find. :D

What-rejected as too ugly?

Tony Sade
02-16-2003, 6:40 AM
:confused:

Alright-anyone care to tell me how to get my lovely face under my name when posting. I've gone to the "change avatar" page and tried putting the picture in the direct link and posting from my web picture host. What am I doing wrong? Thanks