PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own the Hammer 4400?

Dirk Lewis
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Just came across this as an option for a replacement bandsaw and wondered if anyone knows much about these? Can't find much in the way of reviews other than a few Aussie sites, and am patiently waiting to hear back from the local Felder rep about some info.

Would appreciate any comments/feedback regarding this saw (ACM made).

Thanks, D

Scot Ferraro
11-12-2007, 11:59 PM
If you have not already done so, join the Felder Owner's Group on Yahoo -- there was a recent discussion on this exact model of BS. John Renzetti is also a good resource and he checks in on the Creek regularly too. I think that any of the brands made by ACM are going to be quality and very capable saws. IMHO comes down to price, capacity, customer service and availability (shipping can cost alot depending on where you live). You will get a lot of folks partial to one brand over another.

Good luck,

Scot

Dirk Lewis
11-13-2007, 12:17 AM
If you have not already done so, join the Felder Owner's Group on Yahoo -- there was a recent discussion on this exact model of BS. John Renzetti is also a good resource and he checks in on the Creek regularly too. I think that any of the brands made by ACM are going to be quality and very capable saws. IMHO comes down to price, capacity, customer service and availability (shipping can cost alot depending on where you live). You will get a lot of folks partial to one brand over another.

Good luck,

Scot

Hi Scot,

Thanks for the heads-up on the Felder Owners Group Scot, will check that out. I like the fact that its ACM, it's a toss-up between that and an Agazzani, but the Agi' fellas seem awfully busy at the moment...

John Renzetti
11-13-2007, 3:38 AM
hi Dirk, The N4400 is a decent bandsaw. It was around $1600 but with the drop in the $US I don't know now. We had a thread about it on our Felder Owners Group not long ago. My take on the 4400 is that it is a real good bandsaw at a good price. Made by ACM of Italy. The people that own them as shown by the responses on the Felder group, really like N4400.
That being said, I will say that if you are in the USA then I don't think Felder/Hammer is really interested in selling them. It's like the Felder AF22 dust collector that Scott Ferraro bought. Great DC for the money, very powerful, but getting info on it comes from word of mouth from other owners.
Definetly check it out. I have an Agazzani Rapid 600 I got from Adwood in NC. This is another class altogether for bandsaws. If you have the budget the 18" Agazanni (I think Eagle Tools in CA carries this), will be hard to beat.
take care,
John

Dirk Lewis
11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info John. An Agazzani was/is tops on my list, but the ACM/N4400 started to sound like it may be interesting. I Just checked the FOG and there is a bit of info there, was hoping to see where it fit in compared to the Agazzani and the ACM made Laguna's.

Will also look a little closer at the Agazzani saws as I didn't realize there were 2 versions (Eagle & Adwood).