PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers

Phyllis Meyer
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Another great day of football! Can anyone argue with the fact that Brett Favre is so much fun to watch! How about this young team pulling together to give us fans quite the show!

I will be at Lambeau Field this coming Sunday for the Carolina game...the crowd is as much fun as the game on the field. Packer fans are the greatest...win or loose we still have a great day! No playoff predictions yet...but it sure gets cold in Green Bay in December and January:) :D :)

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Jason Roehl
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Imagine that...yellow and green smilies...another hardcore cheesehead...:eek: :cool: (closest smilies to blue and white).

Although, my ponies went through a thunderstorm...

Jason

Tim A. Mitchell
11-12-2007, 3:49 PM
Enjoy the game and some tailgating. I have yet to make it to a game there, even though I grew up in WI.

Green and gold with envy:D :) :D Go Packers!!

Anchor Sarslow
11-12-2007, 4:01 PM
I just feel bad for the Vikes. Up till now I would think they should have been at least 6-2 based on what has happened in thier games. However.. They are playing as predicted. they need a lifetime QB and at least 1 receiver.

As to the Packers. yes, I think they have the best and least fickle fans. Minnesota fans are tired of perrenial losers. So in closing I can only properly say.. Packers Suck.. !!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2007, 4:02 PM
Phyllis......A long time ago in another world, I was a manager for a company and had several accounts in the GB area and an engineer working for me there. The one time I visited GB was in December. The guy took me by Lambeau field. We got out and looked around for about 5 minutes. Now mind you, I was raised in Illinois, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. I thought I knew what cold was......but in the wind and the temps......I was dressed for it that day.............And until you've stood there feeling it.......WOW!

PS I played HS football in the snow but......that cold there in GB was something else!

Jeff Bower
11-12-2007, 4:12 PM
I've been a fan since I met Lynn Dickey at a alumni game at Kansas St. when I was in first grade....lots of long seasons...Glad Brett is haveing a great season in what could be his last. :) :D :) :D

I spent my last spring break in college (awhile ago) in Green Bay. I convinced my girlfriend, now wife, that it was a good thing to do!!! :eek: One day it was 25 degrees when we woke up. A friend called my girlfriend, now wife,and said she was sitting on a beach in FL in 80 degree weather. She said, "Yeah, but have been to the Packer Hall of Fame?" Did I mention she is now my wife?:D I knew she was a keeper!! :) :D :) :D

Greg Peterson
11-12-2007, 4:21 PM
There is no stadium that looks better on TV than Lambeau Field. One can only imagine what it is like to sit inside the stadium during a game.

Brett Favre brings so much joy to the game. Not only is he a great QB, but the style he brings onto the field is simply unmatched by any current QB. Sure the young guns are efficient, focused, driven and pretty successful. But I'll take #4 any time, any place over the rest. His passion for the game is contagious.

And hopefully we now have a RB that'll keep the defense honest. Good solid receiving corps, a running game and a good defense. Starting to think this team could make some noise.

I wonder how Brady or Manning would have fared with this Packers team? Would they have it at 8-1?

Karl Laustrup
11-12-2007, 8:07 PM
Hope you enjoy the game Phyllis. I had the pleasure of watching a game in person last year. It was a losing game, but I don't think anyone left the stadium before the final seconds ticked off the clock. The best fans anywhere. Of course, it's also the only team that is owned by the fans.

And yes Ken, there is a sensation that comes from just being on the grounds. While it's not the oldest stadium, I think it's one of the most recognized and one of the very few, that most people would consider one of the shrines to football.

It will truly be a sad day when Brett decides to hang up his cleats. There are very few playing the game with as much enthusiasm as he has after 17 years and 38 years old. Hopefully, someone will come along, after Brett retires, that will enjoy the game for what it is......a game.

"GO PACK"

Karl

Gary Keedwell
11-12-2007, 8:36 PM
Yep, the old timers are on the way out. But I think the newer guys will fill the void.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats
Like Tom "terrific" Brady

Mark Patoka
11-12-2007, 8:55 PM
Enjoy the game Phyliss. I think this year has exceeded expectations for many of us fans. It's fun watching the good Favre of old still playing better than most QBs and can put those in their place who said he should've retired a few years ago.

I never saw a game in Lambeau but did go to training camp as a kid (the lean years) and was able to take my boys after their SuperBowl 31 victory. Great atmosphere and I have yet to see as many dedicated fans living anywhere else.

We'll enjoy the ride while we can.

http://patoka.net/images/cheese1.gif

Jon Lanier
11-12-2007, 9:55 PM
I will go out on a limb here and predict that those going to the Super Bowl will be:

NFC ---> Packers
AFC ---> Steelers

Winner ---> Steelers

This is just a logical look at what has been happening this year. My team is Cincinnati Bengals (die hard... I know). So it's not some bias thing. I just don't think the patriots will be able to handle the Steelers defense. I will say that whoever wins the AFC will take the Super Bowl.

Tim A. Mitchell
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Anchor, I expected more out of the Vikings this last wekend, at least enough to be televised. I was really disapointed when Fox pulled the game off the air (here) at 27-0, and swiched to the Redskins.

Gary Keedwell
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I will go out on a limb here and predict that those going to the Super Bowl will be:

NFC ---> Packers
AFC ---> Steelers

Winner ---> Steelers

This is just a logical look at what has been happening this year. My team is Cincinnati Bengals (die hard... I know). So it's not some bias thing. I just don't think the patriots will be able to handle the Steelers defense. I will say that whoever wins the AFC will take the Super Bowl.
Yup.....That will be New England. Win-16 Lose-0;)

Jon Lanier
11-13-2007, 2:12 AM
Yup.....That will be New England. Win-16 Lose-0;)

I did say that the patriots won't be able to handle Steelers defense.... ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Jon......the sad part is Gary will hit the ground and deflate like the Hindenburg when it goes 15 - 1 . So what do you think......a big red star by their name in the record book this year?

Gary Keedwell
11-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Yea, there will be alot of big red stars to signify all the records that we will shatter legitimately.:rolleyes:

Yep, there will be alot of deflating going on this year. Alot of ego's after they have been handed a defeat by football's greatest team.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

Jon Lanier
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Jon......the sad part is Gary will hit the ground and deflate like the Hindenburg when it goes 15 - 1 . So what do you think......a big red star by their name in the record book this year?

ROFL -- Actually I think it would be neat to see a undefeated season... but like you, don't think it's going to happen.

Gary Keedwell
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
ROFL -- Actually I think it would be neat to see a undefeated season... but like you, don't think it's going to happen.
Ya know, maybe not having an undefeated season this year would be a blessing. It would give them incentive to improve the team in the off-season and come back next year and be Undefeated.:eek: :D ;)

Gary

Phyllis Meyer
11-13-2007, 6:30 PM
It's so great to hear from all you packer fans! You don't even have to live in Wisconsin to be one:) :D!

It's just the girls going to the game while our men are out slaying those deer on the opening of the gun season up here in the northwoods. I would much rather freeze in the stands at Lambeau Field than a deer stand!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:) :D

Greg Peterson
11-13-2007, 8:28 PM
Even though I was born and mostly raised in Oregon, I still consider myself a displaced Packers fan. Dad grew up in a little Norwegian town in Wisconsin and we lived down around the Milwaukee area in my youth.

Wisconsin is a great state.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-13-2007, 9:35 PM
Yea, there will be alot of big red stars to signify all the records that we will shatter legitimately.:rolleyes:

Yep, there will be alot of deflating going on this year. Alot of ego's after they have been handed a defeat by football's greatest team.

Gary,You really ought to quit growing your own tobacco or quit "putting oregano on your brownies. It's causing you to become delusional.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Tim Morton
11-14-2007, 7:45 PM
I did say that the patriots won't be able to handle Steelers defense.... ;)

thats the funniest thing I have read all day...thanks!!!:D :D

Kevin Stobb
11-14-2007, 9:24 PM
I would love to see Green Bay hand the Patriots their only loss at the super bowl, and as of right now, that is not that crazy of a thought. All that work to lose the only game that "really" matters. I do realize that could go either way, but I can handle the heat.

I was at Favre's very first game as a Packer..vs the Bengals. He came in to replace injured Don Majkowski(sp?). I remember his first play was a 3rd and long, threw up a pass, it was tipped and he caught it himself and ran it for the first down. I don't remember the score but they came back to win. If I only knew then that I was witnessing the start of such a wonderful career, I would have taken it in a little more, but hey, I was only 9.

Having lived within an hour of Green Bay my whole life I know how great it is to be a packer fan. I have been to a handful of games, and it gets better everytime.

And on a final note.....YES a BIG red star next to all Patriots stats this year!

Gary Keedwell
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Green bay VS. Patriots? I hope not because it will be another boring win for the Pats. Red Star? Your right there should be a star for an undefeated team.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope the Sackers all the luck in the world:eek: :D

Gary

Phyllis Meyer
11-20-2007, 8:56 AM
A lot of folks have emailed me wanting to know if I cam back from the game on Sunday...

I don't drink, but I had one heck of a great time! There were 4 of us women and we cooked our brats and ate way too much good food. The moment I stepped into the stadium it literally took my breath away! The feeling is so awesome!

We saw two young men get hauled away (they couldn't see or stand up straight). They poured beer on a woman in front of them, and were pushing people and being really awful:(. Why would you go to a football game and not experience it sober? But on the other hand...what a great story to tell their friends...how they got arrested at a Packer game?! I prefer to take in everything.

There was a woman in a mink coat with diamond jewelry everywhere, plenty of orange hunting clothes, a sign that read: "My hunting crew thinks I'm in my deer stand", and one that read: "Is this heaven...no, it's Lambeau Field".

I will treasure the day for a long time! GO PACKERS:):D:):D:):D:):D

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Gary Keedwell
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Gary,You really ought to quit growing your own tobacco or quit "putting oregano on your brownies. It's causing you to become delusional.:eek: :rolleyes: :D
Ken,
You have been rather silent this week. Would the 56-10 drubbing of the Bills have anything to do with it?;)

Greg Peterson
11-20-2007, 2:42 PM
Kevin, while Pats fans rightfully have something to cheer about, there are a number of folks that have to wonder how they are so well prepared for their opponents.

We know that they cheated at the beginning of the season. And for a team that appears to be so good one has to wonder why they cheated. I don't know that their cheating gave them anymore advantage than they already had, but why do it in the first place? And what other rules are they 'bending' now?

Certainly every team looks for a competitive edge. But when you get caught breaking the rules in sports, its called cheating. At least it use to be.

I wonder how many poker players get to play a second hand once the other players find out he was cheatin'?

Bob Childress
11-20-2007, 3:28 PM
Phyllis,

I have been a Packer backer forever and it's great to see them playing so well this year.

However, I must admit that the for the last game I attended in person: :o:o:o:o

Opponent: Los Angeles Rams
Quarterback: Tobin Rote
Head Coach: Lisle Blackbourne
Venue: Milwaukee County Stadium

But, we won!

And yes, I have a cheesehead hat in the closet! :D

Mike Cutler
11-20-2007, 4:37 PM
A lot of folks have emailed me wanting to know if I cam back from the game on Sunday...

I don't drink, but I had one heck of a great time! There were 4 of us women and we cooked our brats and ate way too much good food. The moment I stepped into the stadium it literally took my breath away! The feeling is so awesome!

We saw two young men get hauled away (they couldn't see or stand up straight). They poured beer on a woman in front of them, and were pushing people and being really awful:(. Why would you go to a football game and not experience it sober? But on the other hand...what a great story to tell their friends...how they got arrested at a Packer game?! I prefer to take in everything.

There was a woman in a mink coat with diamond jewelry everywhere, plenty of orange hunting clothes, a sign that read: "My hunting crew thinks I'm in my deer stand", and one that read: "Is this heaven...no, it's Lambeau Field".

I will treasure the day for a long time! GO PACKERS:):D:):D:):D:):D

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Ahh....... Did you make up to Curley's on the second level of the indoor mall? I had my first cheeses curds there, and a lot of '"lienie's". ( I can't even spell Leinen Kugel????? but they were great)

Lambeau Field is quite a place. I enjoyed my short stay in Green Bay last winter. Nice people, nice town.

Gary Keedwell
11-20-2007, 6:13 PM
Kevin, while Pats fans rightfully have something to cheer about, there are a number of folks that have to wonder how they are so well prepared for their opponents.

We know that they cheated at the beginning of the season. And for a team that appears to be so good one has to wonder why they cheated. I don't know that their cheating gave them anymore advantage than they already had, but why do it in the first place? And what other rules are they 'bending' now?

Certainly every team looks for a competitive edge. But when you get caught breaking the rules in sports, its called cheating. At least it use to be.

I wonder how many poker players get to play a second hand once the other players find out he was cheatin'?
Talk about sour grapes. Best team, best management,best owner etc..etc., Patriots 2007 will probably go down in history as the greatest team ever.;)http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

Ron Jones near Indy
11-20-2007, 6:30 PM
Talk about sour grapes. Best team, best management,best owner etc..etc., Patriots 2007 will probably go down in history as the greatest team ever.;)http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/NewEnglandPatriots1.gif Go Pats

They also may be the only Super Bowl champion to have an * by the record to indicate: *caught cheating.:eek:

Gary Keedwell
11-20-2007, 6:37 PM
They also may be the only Super Bowl champion to have an * by the record to indicate: *caught cheating.:eek:
Have you actually seen the so-called spy tape? There are 3 or 4 guys on the side line simutaneously throwing out dozens of hand signals. I don't think the guys that were supposed to receive those signals could make heads or tails. There is something to be said about gracious LOSERS;):)

Phyllis Meyer
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Our friends just called that have season tickets and they have the opportunity to purchase the tickets if (:D:)) they make it to the playoffs. They have offered to sell us 4. 1st or 2nd week in January (brrrrr), we have until tonight to decide. I'll keep ya posted! This is so exciting!

Phyllis:):D

Greg Peterson
11-21-2007, 1:39 PM
New England Patriots 10-0 *

Green Bay Packers 9-1

Dallas Cowboys 9-1

*-Indeterminate number of game outcomes influenced by cheating. But still a pretty good team.

Bob Childress
11-21-2007, 2:26 PM
Have you actually seen the so-called spy tape? There are 3 or 4 guys on the side line simutaneously throwing out dozens of hand signals. I don't think the guys that were supposed to receive those signals could make heads or tails. There is something to be said about gracious LOSERS;):)

Not to take Gary's side (heaven forbid :eek: ) but you know old Vince Lombardi used to say he didn't care if the other team stood in his huddle. If you execute the play as it is supposed to be run, it works. If not, not. You can steal all the signs you want, but if you can't execute, it don't matter. ;):)

Gary Keedwell
11-21-2007, 2:38 PM
Your absolutely right Bob. Spying is over-rated anyways.;)

Some people have alot more class then others:rolleyes:

Gary

Greg Peterson
11-21-2007, 2:47 PM
Sounds like parsing to me. The commissioner sent out a letter last year explicitly banning video taping the opponents play calling.

I haven't seen the entire collection of evidence. Some here may have seen parts, but I doubt anyone here has seen all of the evidence. Regardless, the Pats broke the rules. And I'm sure the rule was created for a very good reason and I'm equally sure that the commissioner dispatched a letter to all teams on this matter for good reason. I'm not in a position to second guess the commissioner.

If the video didn't offer any competitive advantage, why would a team as dominant as the Pats resort to this indefensible, illegal activity?

Gary Keedwell
11-21-2007, 8:33 PM
LOL Sour grapes.;) History will show the Pats to be, maybe, the greatest team in history. That my man, is just the truth. Not worth responding to jealous theatrics.:rolleyes: Everybody have a great Thanksgiving.

Gary

Tim A. Mitchell
11-21-2007, 8:56 PM
History will show the Pats to be, maybe, the greatest team in history. . . .Everybody have a great Thanksgiving.

Gary
They have a lot of history to make to catch up with the Pack.
You have a good Thanksgiving, too. Be sure to root for the Pack tomorrow.

Gary Keedwell
11-21-2007, 9:54 PM
They have a lot of history to make to catch up with the Pack.
You have a good Thanksgiving, too. Be sure to root for the Pack tomorrow.
You got it Tim. The Lions are going down tomorrow. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gifGary

Mark Rios
11-22-2007, 1:32 AM
New England Patriots 10-0 *

Green Bay Packers 9-1

Dallas Cowboys 9-1

*-Indeterminate number of game outcomes influenced by cheating. But still a pretty good team.

----------------------
Sounds like parsing to me. The commissioner sent out a letter last year explicitly banning video taping the opponents play calling.

I haven't seen the entire collection of evidence. Some here may have seen parts, but I doubt anyone here has seen all of the evidence. Regardless, the Pats broke the rules. And I'm sure the rule was created for a very good reason and I'm equally sure that the commissioner dispatched a letter to all teams on this matter for good reason. I'm not in a position to second guess the commissioner.

If the video didn't offer any competitive advantage, why would a team as dominant as the Pats resort to this indefensible, illegal activity?

Greg, for what it's worth, I too feel that the Pats were cheating by video taping. It was wrong and they were punished and they didn't/won't do it again. However, you might want to remember WHEN they did it. It was the first half (first quarter?) of the first game of the season. They've played 9 1/2 games since then and won them all. They only "cheated" in the first game and stopped after the first half so you might reconsider your indeterminate asterisk comment above.

I'm a football fan and, although I'm not as fanatical about it as some folks, I"ve got favorite teams that I root for. I don't live vicariously through "MY" team and think that MY team is the greatest that ever played the game for infinity or think that everybody else's team can go suck swampwater or stuff like that. I just like good football. Here in NorCal the 49ers were THE best team in football for the decade of the 80's. In the 60's (or was it the 70"s) the Steelers dominated the game with all of their Superbowl wins. Right now, THIS YEAR, the NE Patriots look to be the very best in the game. They make football very enjoyable to watch. For me, so do the Colts, the Packers and the Cowboys. The Pats are just doing it way better than anyone else this year. Who knows, maybe they will give everyone a good long streak of top drawer football to enjoy.....or.....Maybe another team will click, get hot, get a great combination of players and take over the top spot. We don't know.

However, here's a little something that you folks might enjoy listening to (I know Gary will :D). John Madden does an interview/report every weekday morning (year round) for a few minutes on an all newstalk radio station out of San Francisco. He talks about different sports and some local and personal stuff as well but mostly about the world of football and his take on it. He has commented on the Patriots and Tom Brady a few times over the past few weeks. This is his latest comment on how he sees the team right now. Click the link and go to the first episode for 11/19/07. (The episode description starts with "Is Tom Brady's QB play the best ever?")

http://www.kcbs.com/The-Daily-Madden/295323

In another report (you can find it in the archives), John says that he thinks that Tom Brady may very well be the very best QB that has ever played the position. He has made this statement twice that I can remember. The first time he used the caveat of Joe Montana's career but in a later report he didn't, just that Tom Brady is playing the position the very best that it's ever been played.

It is what it is. I hadn't heard of anyone putting an asterisk on a sports record before the Barry Bonds fiasco. Now, people seem to look for records to put asterisks on. Whatever. Let's all remember...............SPORTS, ANY SPORTS, ARE JUST ENTERTAINMENT! They don't hold the answer to rising gas prices nor will they stop any wars from happening (although they may start some :D). They are merely pastimes, albeit very big money pastimes, that are there for our enjoyment. Do I think that Barry Bonds took steroids?...Of course he did. Do I care?...NO! ( I do feel that he should be punished for lying about it though. That was breaking the law.) He made baseball extremely fun to watch when he played; Exactly the same way that Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire made us all enjoy the year of baseball in their homerun battle. That was great! Of course they took steroids, but it sure made it fun.

Did the Pats "cheat" when they videotaped?....Yes. Did they stop?...Yes. It's done, past, over with. The Patriots are playing the best football being played. They are great fun to watch. Do I hope that they get beat?...YES!!! :D But whether or not they get beat in some game, you can bet the it will be a great game no matter what.

My two cents.

(BTW, you can listen to each days John Madden Report via podcast for free. You can subscribe through your reader or just go to the above page everyday to get the latest report.)

Gary Keedwell
11-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Mark, thank-you for your unbiased post about football. It is always a pleasure to read about a sport without having to sift through all the hate and vindictiveness that seems prevalent in today's society. I think sports reflect alot of peoples attitudes and philosophies about life. There seems to be an element missing or forgotten in today's culture. I think that element is respect.

Great teams have come into our stadium and showed us how the game was supposed to be played. Through the years I marveled at teams like the Packers, 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys etc. I always hoped that one day a new owner and coaching staff would come to Foxboro, Ma. and lead us to glory, too.
When my team didn't make the big game, I would chose a new hero, like Joe Montana and cheer the 49 ers in the Super Bowl. It was harmless fun. We have been fortunate in the last few years and I know it is not going to last forever.
I guess there will always be people who will want it to rain on your parade. It is inevitable, I guess. But I think that it is their loss. I think those kind of people are missing out on things in life. I really do.
Anyways, I am thankful for what I have and I really, really appreciate what has come my way. And regardless of the good natured ribbing that goes on here, I wish everybody the best of luck. In sports and life.

Gary

Greg Peterson
11-22-2007, 5:56 PM
I'm a fan of football and basketball. I don't live or die by my favorite teams success/failures.

The same guy that was caught video taping the Jets defense was caught by the Packers last November shooting unauthorized video. He refused to hand over the camera to security.

Seems it wasn't just one game the Pats were 'scouting' via video. Hard to say how far back they had been doing this. Goodell obviously thought video taping opponents play calling was enough of an issue to specifically communicate to each team that the activity is illegal. And the penalty levied against the Pats was no small penalty. Anyone care to suggest to the commissioner that the Pats video tapes were 'silly' and 'insignificant'? He obviously thinks the infraction was serious.

The Pats are playing pretty good ball these days. Of course plenty of teams, players and coaches are going to remember the times the Pats ran up the score. Last week they were up 35-7, fourth quarter. Fourth and goal. Rather than kick a field goal, they went for the touch down.

It's going to be fun watching the Pats on their decent in a season or two. It's inevitable.

Go Packers.

Gary Keedwell
11-22-2007, 6:49 PM
.http://sitelife.woodmagazine.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/0/2/809b3466-60eb-4c60-b29b-2d5e8ddc9a92.Medium.gif

The Pats are playing pretty good ball these days. Of course plenty of teams, players and coaches are going to remember the times the Pats ran up the score. Last week they were up 35-7, fourth quarter. Fourth and goal. Rather than kick a field goal, they went for the touch down.

It's going to be fun watching the Pats on their decent in a season or two. It's inevitable.
\

The Patriots stayed quiet when idiots ran the spy thing down their throats. Now the same idiots are crying when we run the score down their throats. Go figure. :rolleyes::p

Gary Go Pats!!!!!!!!

Mark Rios
11-22-2007, 7:23 PM
Greg, for some reason you seem to be just an angry, angry man on the subject of the NE Patriots. IT...WAS...10...WEEKS...AGO...!!! Were you this angry when the 49ers were dominating the sport in the 80's? Let it go man. It's done and over. There isn't one person in the professional football (entertainment) business that would agree with you that the Pats are just playing "pretty good" football. They are the best team in football right now!

Also, once again you've gotten your facts wrong. The Pats won last weeks game against the Bills 56-10. The score and the play that you mention happened at the end of the FIRST HALF, score at the half, 35-7. This isn't highschool football, you don't start worrying about "running up the score" until the fourth quarter. Tom Brady didn't play in the fourth quarter, they put in the back-up QB. Most of the plays in the fourth quarter were running plays and they still got touchdowns. The Pats were just better than the Bills that night. And better than all of the other teams that they've played. It is just what it is.................It's a GAME.

If your hatred (really?...hatred?) of a football team is going to bring you glee when they lose, you really need to get a hobby. Hey....maybe woodworking?

Let's make some football shaped sawdust fellas........:D

(BTW Gary, "descent" is spelled with an "s".)

Gary Keedwell
11-22-2007, 8:05 PM
Greg, for some reason you seem to be just an angry, angry man on the subject of the NE Patriots. IT...WAS...10...WEEKS...AGO...!!! Were you this angry when the 49ers were dominating the sport in the 80's? Let it go man. It's done and over. There isn't one person in the professional football (entertainment) business that would agree with you that the Pats are just playing "pretty good" football. They are the best team in football right now!

Also, once again you've gotten your facts wrong. The Pats won last weeks game against the Bills 56-10. The score and the play that you mention happened at the end of the FIRST HALF, score at the half, 35-7. This isn't highschool football, you don't start worrying about "running up the score" until the fourth quarter. Tom Brady didn't play in the fourth quarter, they put in the back-up QB. Most of the plays in the fourth quarter were running plays and they still got touchdowns. The Pats were just better than the Bills that night. And better than all of the other teams that they've played. It is just what it is.................It's a GAME.

If your hatred (really?...hatred?) of a football team is going to bring you glee when they lose, you really need to get a hobby. Hey....maybe woodworking?

Let's make some football shaped sawdust fellas........:D

(BTW Gary, "descent" is spelled with an "s".)
You are absolutely right Mark. I just didn't feel like correcting him, again. If the 1st string played the 4th quarter and the final score was 70-10, maybe then, it would be piling on.
One thing you have to remember, Coach Belichick will not allow his players or himself to brag or defend their actions. When they were accused, they took it like men. The more peolple bad mouthed them...the more determined Belichick got and will get. Action speaks louder then words. Also, when they lost a game in the past ...they didn't make excuses.
Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers for their win today. I didn't have a chance to see the game but heard it was good. Favre had another great game!!!! Good for him.
Oh yea, by the way Mark, it wasn't me that spelled descent wrong.;)

Gary

Mark Rios
11-22-2007, 8:22 PM
You are absolutely right Mark. I just didn't feel like correcting him, again. If the 1st string played the 4th quarter and the final score was 70-10, maybe then, it would be piling on.
One thing you have to remember, Coach Belichick will not allow his players or himself to brag or defend their actions. When they were accused, they took it like men. The more peolple bad mouthed them...the more determined Belichick got and will get. Action speaks louder then words. Also, when they lost a game in the past ...they didn't make excuses.
Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers for their win today. I didn't have a chance to see the game but heard it was good. Favre had another great game!!!! Good for him.
Oh yea, by the way Mark, it wasn't me that spelled descent wrong.;)

Gary

Sorry Gary, you're right, of course. I meant to write "Greg".

(I AM a bonehead.):D

Gary Keedwell
11-22-2007, 8:59 PM
Sorry Gary, you're right, of course. I meant to write "Greg".

(I AM a bonehead.):D
Mark, I know alot of boneheads...and your not one.:)

Gary

Greg Peterson
11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Mark, the Pats were video taping last season, not just the first game of this season. There was also some initial confusion and 'unsatisfactory' reasons given by the Pats regarding radio frequency's on their radio gear at the game.

That said, the Pats are simply dominating every aspect of the game. Fortunately, the Packers won't cross their path for some time. The only thing preventing the Pats from another SB victory is injuries. I can't imagine them losing their incredible discipline. To well coached for that to happen.

Barry Bonds took steroids. He admitted to that. Apparently the bit about not knowingly taking steroids may be a bit of perjury. If that turns out to be the case, then certainly his records deserve an asterisk.

Fans have a reasonable expectation that athletes and coaches will tend to their respective craft with integrity and fair play. Let the better team win, let the best man prevail. Don't think its asking too much to expect professional sports to adhere to this code of conduct.

Gary Keedwell
11-23-2007, 2:00 PM
Another great day of football! Can anyone argue with the fact that Brett Favre is so much fun to watch! How about this young team pulling together to give us fans quite the show!

I will be at Lambeau Field this coming Sunday for the Carolina game...the crowd is as much fun as the game on the field. Packer fans are the greatest...win or loose we still have a great day! No playoff predictions yet...but it sure gets cold in Green Bay in December and January:) :D :)

Sincerely,
Phyllis
Phyllis...You must be excited after that great Packer win yesterday. I must apologize for the hijacking of your thread. It is alot of fun to cheer for your team. Some good natured ribbing is fun also but it is ashamed that there are people who do not know how to have fun:o
The glass is always half-empty for those kind of people:eek:;):)

Gary

Greg Peterson
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
2006-2007 NE Patriots *

Gary Keedwell
11-24-2007, 12:44 PM
2007-2008*

* Undefeated

Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?
A. Nobody knows. It's never been tried.

Phyllis Meyer
11-24-2007, 1:40 PM
Gary,

No need to apologize...that's what so much fun about sawmill creek! It is a lot of fun to cheer for our respective teams, and to do so with freedom of speech and our own opinions!

Thursday will be a good game! Go Packers!:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Jerry Olexa
11-25-2007, 3:49 PM
GO PACK!!!!!! great year for Brett and Green Bay....Good for football...

Chris Walls
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I have been a Packers Fan forever. Could not be more excited about the current season. I do however think that Lambeau Field should be in the running to host the Superbowl as much as any other NFL Field. What a great game that would be. Maybe the costume failure of a few years ago would not have happened in Green Bay.
Chris :D

Greg Peterson
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Chris,
The NFL's policy, or lack of policy, on SB location strikes me as inequitable.

Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, New England, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland are all good enough to play season games and playoff games, but the SB has to be played in a fair weather or domed stadium?

I would think that each franchise would be allowed to host a SB.

Jim O'Dell
11-27-2007, 2:33 PM
I agree, Greg. Why is it that it has to be a certain size stadium? Only the newest stadium? It should be on a lottery system, and rotated to each team. That way, every market would get a chance to host it, and reap the benefits of it. Jim.

Greg Peterson
11-27-2007, 3:45 PM
Aside from the possible limited hotel accommodations in some cities, I think it only fair that each franchise host a SB. Hometown fans/season ticket holders would get a certain number, and fans from the opposing teams would be given a number of tickets and the NFL would have their share to do with as they wish.

Can you imagine a SB in a NE snowstorm? That Raiders/Pats game a few years back was just an incredible game to watch. Who doesn't like a good ol' fashioned snow game.

Karl Laustrup
11-27-2007, 4:22 PM
Chris,
The NFL's policy, or lack of policy, on SB location strikes me as inequitable.

Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, New England, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cleveland are all good enough to play season games and playoff games, but the SB has to be played in a fair weather or domed stadium?

I would think that each franchise would be allowed to host a SB.

I agree completely Greg.

And while we're at it, I think football should be played OUTSIDE and on NATURAL TURF. Even if the weather is like it was during last nights Steelers game.

Another ICE BOWL. :D

Karl

Gary Keedwell
11-27-2007, 4:36 PM
I agree completely Greg.

And while we're at it, I think football should be played OUTSIDE and on NATURAL TURF. Even if the weather is like it was during last nights Steelers game.

Another ICE BOWL. :D

Karl
Yea Karl, and what's up with these fancy helmets...leather is not good enough anymore:confused: And shoulder pads? What a bunch of wimps!!!!! Another thing...these forward passes..just another gimmick?:D
Gary

Phyllis Meyer
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
If everyone was healthy, if a couple of calls would have went the way they should have, Brett,...I could go on and on. It was a good game! Even when they loose...gotta love the Packers! I didn't know Romo grew up in Wisconsin? Anyone know where?

Phyllis:D:)

Jeff Bower
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Wish I could have watched it!! Don't get NFL network. :mad: Had to rely on updates from ESPN...didin't like that one saying "Farve knocked out of game" But at leaset he has a few extra days to get better...and we got a chance to finally find out if Rogers could play, I think he can.

Romo commented after the game, saying this win didn't get them into the SB and a loss wouldn't have knocked them out of it either. Smart man...can't wait for the playoffs.:D:):D:) Go Pack!

Greg Peterson
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Phyllis, I agree it was a good game. Not a great game, but entertaining none the less. The Packers offense did fine. But the defense really missed Woodson and KGB. Having KGB would have freed up Kampman to put more/better pressure on Romo.

I thought the Pack did a good job of containing Barber. I really enjoy watching him even though he is a Cowboy. He runs "angry" as I like to put it. TO did not have a particularly good game (how can a Pro Bowler and future Hall of Fame receiver turn a TD pass into a turnover???). But his presence spread the Pack secondary to good effect.

As for the Pack secondary, when will McCarthy bench Digby? That guy has caused more harm than good. The penalties he creates are simply careless. I was more frustrated with his mistakes than anything else.

I like Romo. And once the Cowboys get rid of TO, I'll find it easier to accept them. So long as they don't hoist the "America's Team" moniker, which is an affront to every other team in the NFL IMO.

Rodgers looked pretty good considering the circumstances. At the least he stoked a degree of optimism for the future.

10-2 isn't bad, and frankly the game will likely have little meaning in the grand scheme of the season. A number of conditions exist that must be met before last nights game has any meaning. There's still plenty of football to play and as we saw last evening, one must always expect the unexpected. There are no guarantee's that Dallas or NE will run the table from here on out, or will not suffer major injuries. And come the playoffs, every team brings their A game.

Stuff happens, that why they play all sixty minutes, and all sixteen games. No worries here.

Go Packers!

Jim O'Dell
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Jeff, we don't either, but it could be, and was, shown locally on one of the independants as long as the cable system didn't offer the NFL in their basic package.
It was a good game. Shame Farve got hurt. Somehow I think we'll be doing this again in about 7 weeks. Jim.

Jon Lanier
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
If the Pack was healthy they would have whupped up on Dallas.

(I'm a Bengal fan so no bias here)

Gary Keedwell
11-30-2007, 3:36 PM
Yea, nobody remembers these games....It's the Tournament that really matters.;)

Andy Coverdale
11-30-2007, 3:38 PM
Go Dallas!!!

Go Green Bay!!

These are my 2 favorite teams in the NFC.

I was slightly torn but my team did prevail.

When will Dallas quit using Julius Jones so much?

Karl Laustrup
11-30-2007, 3:46 PM
If everyone was healthy, if a couple of calls would have went the way they should have, Brett,...I could go on and on. It was a good game! Even when they loose...gotta love the Packers! I didn't know Romo grew up in Wisconsin? Anyone know where?

Can't remember the name right off top of my head, but it's in Rock County outside of Beloit, as I understand.

Greg Peterson
11-30-2007, 3:53 PM
Gary, some regular season matchups require hype. When you have two 6-0 teams or two 10-1 teams meeting, not much hype is required. I did think that last nights game was less hyped than the NE vs. Dallas earlier this season.

Once the playoff picture solidifies, then we can implement hindsight. For now, the best thing to do is prepare for the next game. Lots of football left to play. Dallas has three road games and Green Bay only has two. Plenty of things can happen to either teams advantage in the next four games.

Gary Keedwell
11-30-2007, 5:55 PM
Gary, some regular season matchups require hype. When you have two 6-0 teams or two 10-1 teams meeting, not much hype is required. I did think that last nights game was less hyped than the NE vs. Dallas earlier this season.

Once the playoff picture solidifies, then we can implement hindsight. For now, the best thing to do is prepare for the next game. Lots of football left to play. Dallas has three road games and Green Bay only has two. Plenty of things can happen to either teams advantage in the next four games.
Oh I know, Greg....just trying to cheer everybody up a little. Patriot's motto is concentrate on the next game only. Alot can happen in the next few weeks, that's for certain. I anticipate alot of good games down the stretch.
Gary

Greg Peterson
11-30-2007, 7:12 PM
I figured that was your intention. But can never tell with you Pats fans. :D

We're getting into the fun part of the season. Cold, rain, snow and if the games never meant much of anything before, they are starting to mean a lot now. Each week things tighten up.

Dallas plays a current NFC wildcard team in Detroit next week.

Pat's aren't out of the woods yet though this team is similar to the Jordan era Bulls in that it is a severe stretch of the imagination seeing them lose.

Gary Keedwell
11-30-2007, 7:45 PM
I figured that was your intention. But can never tell with you Pats fans. :D

We're getting into the fun part of the season. Cold, rain, snow and if the games never meant much of anything before, they are starting to mean a lot now. Each week things tighten up.

Dallas plays a current NFC wildcard team in Detroit next week.

Pat's aren't out of the woods yet though this team is similar to the Jordan era Bulls in that it is a severe stretch of the imagination seeing them lose.
Don't say that....you'll put the jinx on them for sure:rolleyes:

Gary

Greg Peterson
11-30-2007, 8:54 PM
I would never want to jinx the Pats or the Cowboys!:rolleyes:

Gary Keedwell
11-30-2007, 8:58 PM
I would never want to jinx the Pats or the Cowboys!:rolleyes:
I would hope not,especially since the Patriots are America"s Team.;)
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Fine. You can have America's team. I'll take TitleTown, USA. :)

Phyllis Meyer
12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Sports Illustrated names Brett Favre Sportsman of the Year! Very Cool!

Go Packers!:D:):D:D:):D:)
Phyllis

Gary Keedwell
12-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Sports Illustrated names Brett Favre Sportsman of the Year! Very Cool!

Go Packers!:D:):D:D:):D:)
Phyllis
Just curious....who was the runner-up?:confused:

Gary

Mark Rios
12-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Just curious....who was the runner-up?:confused:

Gary

I was. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Gary Keedwell
12-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Reminds me of when John Wayne was near the end.
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Obvious choice in my opinion. Pro sports need more people like Brett Favre.

Gary Keedwell
12-04-2007, 2:47 PM
Still makes me wonder who else was in contention.
GK

Greg Peterson
12-04-2007, 5:34 PM
Who would want to be known as the bridesmaid to the SI Sportsman of the Year?

And no, I doubt Brady was in the running. He's just a machine after all. :D

Gary Keedwell
12-04-2007, 5:56 PM
Who would want to be known as the bridesmaid to the SI Sportsman of the Year?

And no, I doubt Brady was in the running. He's just a machine after all. :D
They knew it might be his last year so they hooked him up with it. Hopefully Tom Terrific doesn't have to wait till the end of his career.;)
Gary

Gary Keedwell
12-09-2007, 4:28 PM
Congratulations Packers!!!!!!!:D:D

Gary

Greg Peterson
12-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Seems like the playoffs are shaping up to be pretty interesting. Not to many teams are 'backing' into the playoffs this year.

With all the well deserved hoopla and media attention around the Pats, the Cowboys, Packers, and Colts just keep on winning. I know the Ravens are coming off an emotional loss and a short week to boot, but the Colts just took it to them hard tonight. While the Pats are best left undisturbed (no guaranteed victories, no accusations of whatever), the Colts seem to be gaining their SB form. Nice to see Dungy sit the starters rather than send a message to any and all.

Cowboys pulled a miracle out of their hat. Great win for them.

Packers had a relatively easy matchup with the Raiders. But they didn't take it easy on 'em. Nice to see their defense again. Last game they were missing some pretty key players on both sides of the ball. doubt they'll over take the Cowboys, but there is still a lot of football left to play.

Playoffs are looming large on the horizon. No doubt this years SB winner will have earned it.

Phyllis Meyer
12-17-2007, 10:08 AM
It's beginning to look like a Green and Gold Christmas:D:)! Records falling, the running game (everyone said at the start of the season Green Bay had no running game)...love those extra yards those receivers manage to obtain after the catch! This is fun stuff!

Go Pack Go!:D:)

Phyllis:)

Greg Peterson
12-17-2007, 1:11 PM
While other teams to seem to be running out of steam (Dallas) or at least not as dominating (NE only beat the Jets by 10?!?!), GB just keeps getting better each week.

Not to say that NE and Dallas won't get their game back. I like the way the Packers are progressing this season. Each week they get a little better.

And the Colts are practically being ignored. I can't think of another 12-2 team that is the defending SP champ that doesn't get any media attention. At least out here in a non-NFL city all we get is headline stuff.

Unless NE gets their mojo back, and that stuff can't be turned off and on light a light switch, they may be in for a rude awakening come playoff time. Gotta finish the season strong and hard.

The Pack have a huge test this weekend in Chicago. The Bears will pin their entire season on beating the Packers both times in 2007. This is their one and only playoff game. The Pack better approach the same way. Two games left and Dallas is a little banged up now with two road games. Pack could get the home field.

Go Pack Go!

Jamie Siegel
12-17-2007, 9:50 PM
We'll have to see what happens to GB's starters vs. Chicago. I was listening to Milwaukee sports radio today and it seems that 3-4 guys are banged up and need to be sat down. I don't think Aaron Rogers will play either, pretty much forcing Favre to go all game.
Even with guys sitting, Chicago is pretty beatable. Odd, they were pretty tough last season...

Greg Peterson
12-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Odd, they were pretty tough last season...

They were pretty tough this season too. They account for the single home loss this season.

I don't care how poorly the Bears season is going, they absolutely peg their season on how many times they beat the Packers. This is no gimme.

Leigh Costello
12-18-2007, 1:27 PM
Hi Phyllis,

This is a huge thank you to all of the Packer fans (and the Rams fans). I worked the rams game at the Edward Jones Dome this past Sunday. St. Louis was graced with its first snowstorm of the season on Friday and Saturday. Tied up traffic, made many of the volunteers late - or even impossible for them to get into St. Louis.

I volunteer, along with 25 or so others, for a portion of the profits from our stand, managing the stand and staying to the bitter end for cleanup and all that. We are using the funds for a trip to Hawaii in June for the local high school band. Usually, we have 25 - 30 volunteers to operate our stand. We had 18. We were busy, and by halftime, we were exhausted.

The Packer fans were so understanding. We had more green than blue in the lines. We only had one complaint - we ran out of brats. :eek:

If anyone had the chance to be in St. Louis for the game, thank you for your understanding.

umm...go rams...go rams...aw heck, gimme a frost cold one :p

Phyllis Meyer
12-18-2007, 4:47 PM
Hi Leigh,

What a nice thing to say! Yes running out of Brats is not good, especially to the folks from Wisconsin!:eek: We had a chance to go to the game...next time we will and we'll stop by and say hello. That is wonderful that you volunteer your time that way, helping kids and taking them on trips is the best. My husband and I volunteer for our church groups...they keep us young!

Go Packers!

Sincerely,

Gary Keedwell
12-18-2007, 6:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Birthday%20Smiley/congrats.gif To the new England Patriots for having 8 players going to the Pro Bowl!!!!

Gary

Greg Peterson
12-18-2007, 6:15 PM
So? The Cowboys have 11 players going so they must be a better team.

Gary Keedwell
12-18-2007, 6:41 PM
So? The Cowboys have 11 players going so they must be a better team.
How many Packers are going?

Jamie Siegel
12-18-2007, 7:42 PM

Favre
Driver
Kampman
Harris

Gary Keedwell
12-18-2007, 9:24 PM

Favre
Driver
Kampman
Harris
I don't think I have ever watched a Pro Bowl and I probably won't watch this one either. I'll probably still be celebrating the Patriots Super Bowl Victory:eek::D
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-18-2007, 9:41 PM
Never really understood the Pro Bowl. Guys aren't banged up enough they have to go to Hawaii and do/take more hitting?

Seems there could be a better way of acknowledging the players.

I too have never watched a Pro Bowl. As for celebrating the Super Bowl champ, I'll wait until the game is over to see who won. Still a fair bit of football to be played. And plenty of opportunity for things, good and bad depending on which team you're rooting for, to happen.

Brady and the Pats are good. But I'll take my Packers any day, any game, any season over any other team. Win or lose, I bleed green and gold. I hope one day I am able to actually get inside Lambeau field and see a game. Lambeau Field is THE premier football stadium in the NFL.

The Green Bay Packers have a history and tradition matched by few teams. The Super Bowl trophy is named after Vince Lombardi.

So the Pats are having a good season. They've have a few good seasons lately. Packers have been there, done that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Gary Keedwell
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I'm old enough to put these things in perspective.;) There has been many, many many lean years for the Patriots. Our only real champions through the years have been the Boston Celtics. Man, when Larry Bird and Parrish and Mchale brought the glory days back, it was heaven all over again. We were known as a basketball town...not a football town.

Now, our first and only dynasty( mini- dynasty?). Boston (New England) has graved this for a long time, so our enthusiasm might be alittle overbearing for some people's taste. But believe me, it is more like us being excited again then bravado. We really appreciate what's happening to us because we know it is fleeting.
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-19-2007, 1:11 AM
And the Red Sox are chopped liver? How many World Series have they won in recent years?

As long as Danny Ainge is running the Celtics, don't hold your breathe. He has built the current team to last for one to three seasons, top. Then the Celtics will have to start rebuilding.

The Celtics are to the NBA what the Packers are to the NFL. The Packers are having a great season themselves, especially considering they are the youngest team in the NFL and have a coach that is only in his second year as a head coach. Could Favre have anything to do with this teams success? I'm thinking coach of the year and MVP for Favre.

I know how exciting it can be to have a team do well after a history of mixed success. But us non-New Englanders would think that after the past several seasons you Pat's fans would be a little more conditioned towards winning a lot of games. It isn't exactly like the Pats came out of nowhere.

Congrats to the Pats on a great season. They have worked hard and the fans are obviously enjoying the fruits of the teams efforts. It is a special and rare treat for a sports fan to have home like the Pats.

I'll take the Packers any day though. No offense. That's just where my heart lies.

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 9:52 AM
Red Sox....First off....I haven't watched a game since the 1994 player's strike. Secondly...the way baseball is structured...the rich teams get the players...period. The Red Sox turned into another dreaded Yankees. Money-- steroids-- baseball is pathetic...also boring. Also..designated hitter started the whole thing. Over the hill guys who were too old to play a position on the field (except 1st base) were given a new life to still swing a bat. That's when the bidding wars started for over-the-hill-over-paid-fat-guys.:eek::)
Also, when you have been in the league for almost half a century like the Patriots have, the last 6 years of being a winner is still a novelty to me. "Lest you forget the past your future is doomed" or something like that. LOL
Anyways, I am happy for the Packers and their long rich history, but still hope they give MVP to a deserving ...not charity case.;)
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I think a good solid argument could be made for Favre, Romo, Manning and Brady.

While Brady has worked hard to be as good as he has been this season, I wouldn't underestimate the work ethic of the other top tier QB's.

And I would argue that Favre has had the youngest and most unproven talent to work with. Nothing like a TO, Moss or Harrison to throw to. And for the first half of the season, no running game. Favre put this team on his back and willed them to many of their wins.

IMO, Favre has been the most productive with the least amount of tools.

It ain't the arrow, it's the indian.

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, handwriting is on the wall....look closely B-r-a-d-y ;)

Greg Peterson
12-19-2007, 2:43 PM
MVP isn't about who is the 'best' QB or player. The MVP designates the one player that most elevated the play of their team. Best has little to do with the MVP.

Would the Pats suffer more than the Packers if Brady and Favre were lost for the season?

Gary Keedwell
12-19-2007, 4:02 PM
MVP isn't about who is the 'best' QB or player. The MVP designates the one player that most elevated the play of their team. Best has little to do with the MVP.

Would the Pats suffer more than the Packers if Brady and Favre were lost for the season?
You think they go by that criteria, huh? :)
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-19-2007, 6:42 PM
Yes, we're all babes in the woods.

Gary Keedwell
12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, we're all babes in the woods.
Yea, and some can't see the trees from the Forest.;)
Gary

Greg Peterson
12-20-2007, 2:15 PM
After 86 years, the Green Bay Packers have become a pillar in the NFL. The Pats (relative new comers) recent success is great for the franchise and the fans that have supported them during the lean years.

Certainly congratulations are in order for a wonderful season. When it's over. There's still plenty of football to play and the Pats haven't been playing as dominantly as they were. It's a long, brutal season and stuff happens.

Best of luck to all the teams bound for the playoffs. Just not when they're playing the Packers.

Gary Keedwell
12-20-2007, 7:58 PM
After 86 years, the Green Bay Packers have become a pillar in the NFL. The Pats (relative new comers) recent success is great for the franchise and the fans that have supported them during the lean years.

Certainly congratulations are in order for a wonderful season. When it's over. There's still plenty of football to play and the Pats haven't been playing as dominantly as they were. It's a long, brutal season and stuff happens.

Best of luck to all the teams bound for the playoffs. Just not when they're playing the Packers.
Wow, your gregariousness is very uncharacteristic of you today. Greg, you must of found the Christmas Spirit!!!! ( or you won the lottery;))

Phyllis Meyer
12-24-2007, 8:21 AM
Those Chicago Bears do play the Packers like it's the super bowl:eek:! Oh well...looks like the road to the super bowl will be through Dallas. Brett just loves that place!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Greg Peterson
12-24-2007, 1:46 PM
I remember when Lovey Smith came to da' Bears. In his first news conference he stated that beating the Packers was his priority. He has thus far been successful. Da' Bears have been able to repeatedly put a hurt on the Pack regardless of where they play.

The Packers will be just fine and have one final game to fine tune their game. I'm pretty sure they'll finish the season on a strong, dominant note.

As for being gregarious, that is my natural disposition. Current technology doesn't adequately demonstrate this attribute as I have occasionally lowered my standards and said things I would never, ever say in person.

Merry Christmas to all.

Go Pack!