PDA

View Full Version : HTC 2000 mobile bases

Dewayne Reding
11-12-2007, 9:46 AM
Is the model 2000 in particular a pretty good base for fifty bucks? I don't put much stock in factory weight ratings. I'll generally just be moving the tools a six feet on a smooth concrete floor, for better shop cleanup. Considering base for the following tools.

Rikon 14" BS
6" Jointer
NYW Router station (that pig seems very heavy even before the drawers were loaded, it might just get some good locking casters)
Craftsman 22124 TS

Michael Stanley
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I've had a couple of these under a jointer and table saw for about six years now with no trouble and the machines move easily. They also stay put when locked down.

Bill White
11-12-2007, 6:03 PM
Shop Fox on my TS. Harbor Freight on the BS. Locking casters on the radial saw base.
Bill

glenn bradley
11-12-2007, 6:52 PM
I wasn't wild about mine but, got it on sale at Rockler for $24 some years ago. It serves under my DP which is usually moved just enough to allow the random long board to be drilled. I wouldn't buy one again but experiences and situations differ, eh?

Larry James
11-12-2007, 7:32 PM
Hi Dewayne,

I've had the HTC 2000 under a Grizzly TS (275 lbs.) for about 2 years. It's OK and and does stay put, but larger rear wheels would make it easier to maneuver - small wheels are the tradeoff for increasing the equipment height less than an inch. Because the rear wheels are fixed it it is difficult to maneuver in a crowded location like my small shop.

Be prepared to add extra bolts to the rails. I would not recommend using it to support heavy equipment near the advertised maximum LxW, the rails may not overlap enough to provide adequate support.

I don't move the saw often so it works for me. Would I buy another one? No.

Larry