PDA

View Full Version : Got Pen Blanks

Tom Sweeney
02-11-2004, 9:53 PM
Mail Dude brought a very nicely packed box today in it were 64 fine pen blanks for use as Freedom Pens. Now as soon as my pen kits clear customs & Ken can get them shipped I'll be turning Freedom Pens!

Thanks to Todd & to Harvey Meyer who helped with the shipping costs. My Freedom Pens are going to be a real team effort - As Carl Eyman donated the $$ for the pen kits.

One of the nice things about this program is how everyone is pulling together to make it work whether they're a turner or not.

Thanks guys!

Daniel Yourdon
02-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Got mine yesterday, very nice neat blanks. this will be a big help considering I do everything with jigs. just slap one in right after the other, no adjusting. these are some of the most consistant blanks I've ever seen.

Todd Burch
02-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Well, I'm glad you both like them!! I enjoyed making them for you all.

Pen blanks shipped so far:

9 packages of 64,
1 package of 150,
1 package of 30,
1 box of 480.

So I guess that's about 1,236 that have left here so far. I have another box of 64 and a box of 78 that are boxed and waiting for labels to send to whoever wants them. (hint hint) Plus, probably about 130 that are not even in a box yet, and still another bunch of probably 200 that have been cut to length, but not bandsawn to squares yet.

And, I have stock for about 2500-3500 more!