PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit - Michael Morgan (and his mobile lumber service)

Jim Becker
11-11-2007, 9:19 PM
Michael Morgan (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30) stopped by on Saturday morning to deliver a bit of cherry lumber that I had ordered. As usual, we had a nice time unloading. He also got the 50 cent tour of the addition project. And when he pulled away...this little pile of cherry was in my shop... :D :D :D

Michael McCoy
11-11-2007, 9:38 PM
He dropped a bit at my place a month or so ago and his lumber is hard to beat not to mention he's fairly friendly for one of those northern guys. :)

Todd Burch
11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
So, what you going to make? You're obviously not trying to corner the market on Cherry!

Todd

Jim Becker
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Todd, that's only 100 bd ft...oh, OK....97 bd ft. Some of it has already been processed into rift/QS rails and stiles for the cabinetry projects I'm working on for our addition. Some of it's in the rack for future projects. I ran out of material two weeks ago for the rails and stiles, so it was great that Michael was able to make the trip. My business travel is kicking and that means it's very hard to make a trip to the candy store...err...hardwood dealer... ;)

Price was right, too...

Graham Skinner
11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey Jim.

What sort of prices do you have to pay for Cherry per B/F down there in the USA ?