PDA

View Full Version : Micro fence adjuster on my JessEm

Bill Huber
11-11-2007, 8:49 PM
To start, I love my JessEm fence, table and left they are just awesome to use and make things so much easier to do. The scalea on the ends of the fence makes it very easy to adjust it just like you want.... but I still wanted a micro adjuster, it makes it much easier to adjust just that little bit without over doing it.
Well here is my adaption of a micro adjuster for a JessEm fence. There are many different ways to do the same thing and this is just the way I did mine.
The main thing I wanted was something that looked good when it was on. Was easy to use to adjust the fence and was easy to take off when I didn't need it.
I used some scrap hard maple, some 2x2x6 blocks I had and a trip to the hardware store.
The fence blocks stay on the fence all the time, I used T bolts and wing nuts to hold them on. The adjuster itself uses a 2 in. wooden wheel with a T nut in it. Some nylon bushing to make it work smooth and some all thread rod.

Loose the main locks and then turn the wheel clockwise or counter clockwise to move the fence in the direction you want, lock the main lock down and that's it.
You can flip the quick release lever and move the fence in and out and it will move with the fence, then flip the lever and you can now micro adjust the fence.
The adjuster rod will pivot on the pin so if the fence is not square it makes no difference.

I think these pictures will give you all the info you need on how it all goes together and works.

75044 75045

75046 75047

Bruce Page
11-11-2007, 9:07 PM
Very nice Bill. That should work nicely.
I have been trying to find something that I can adapt to my Biesemeyer TS fence for fine adjusting. I haven’t come up with anything yet.

Bill Huber
11-12-2007, 12:28 AM
I have been trying to find something that I can adapt to my Biesemeyer TS fence for fine adjusting. I haven’t come up with anything yet.

Thanks...

Have you looked at some of the magnets that are out there now. I have a feather board with them and they are unreal, and it just like turning a switch on and off.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20128

Just need to find away to attach it to the fence when you need it.

Bruce Page
11-12-2007, 3:42 PM
That might just work. I'll have to think on that for a while.
Thanks Bill.

Dale Lesak
11-12-2007, 4:24 PM

I use the magnet's to adjust my Biese. Depending on witch way I want to move it I just butt the mag up to the locking base and use use what ever I need for width between the mag and the base. slide the fence back against the mag and the spacer and lock down I can change the adjustment the width of a sheet of paper and back again if need to.

Alan Lilly
12-27-2007, 11:39 PM
That is a very nice adjuster. I am trying to decide if I like the jessem fence for my router table. I need to determine if it will fit my setup. I have the jet cabinet saw with jessem router lift.

http://home.comcast.net/~panofish/pics/mysaw.jpg

Alan Lilly
12-28-2007, 12:01 AM
As nice as the jessem fence is.. I can't use it with my setup. There is no room on the sides of the table to mount the guide rails. I guess I need to find a way to make a router fence that I can attach to my table saw fence.

I just found the new woodpecker super fence... I like what I see.
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wdpksupfncrvu.html