PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrripper Comments/ Que.

Stan Smith
02-11-2004, 6:53 PM
Got the Grrrrripper going today and really am impressed. The dvd is well-worth the $$ and shows a lot of stuff that I would have never thought of on my own. Feels very solid while making a cut on the ts.

I followed the manual in assembling it and watched the dvd assembly section a couple of times. I ended up with some extra parts and am wondering if I missed something. Have extra t-bolts, long machine bolts, and some washers.

Stan

Ed Falis
02-11-2004, 7:23 PM
Stan,

I believe there are a few extra parts for optional ways of configuring it (like the jointer fence setup). Enjoy! It has been very useful in my shop, anyway.

- Ed

Chris DeHut
02-11-2004, 7:50 PM
Got the Grrrrripper going today and really am impressed. The dvd is well-worth the $$ and shows a lot of stuff that I would have never thought of on my own. Feels very solid while making a cut on the ts.

I followed the manual in assembling it and watched the dvd assembly section a couple of times. I ended up with some extra parts and am wondering if I missed something. Have extra t-bolts, long machine bolts, and some washers.

Stan

Hi Stan,

I have assembled plenty of the GRR-Rippers (while filming the magazine and the DVD for Micro Jig). The extra parts are just that, extras. Use them to adapt your GRR-Ripper to do all kinds of neat things we never thought of. Have fun with it, and by all means, be creative. It's one of those tools that takes a couple of months to really start appreciating.

Chris DeHut

Joe Tonich
02-11-2004, 7:55 PM

Stan

Stan,

I thought I missed something too, having spare parts and all. After I marked the extra parts I looked again and they seem to be for attaching 2 grippers together. One of these days I'll set up the PSII and watch the DVD. :)

Joe

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 7:55 PM
Stan,

I have the same problem when I reassemble engines for cars...none of them have ever been brought back for repairs, however! ;)

(...probably because the died FAR away from me...hehehe)

Stan Smith
02-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm already thinking of getting a 2nd one for those ripping cuts for long boards. I'm thinking that I would have already done it if I had seen the dvd before buying.

And thanks for taking your time to answer my que., too, Chris.

Stan

Glenn Clabo
02-12-2004, 10:28 AM
I bought one at the beginning of the bulk buy...and I just bought another one. You'll use two more than you think.

Chris DeHut
02-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm already thinking of getting a 2nd one for those ripping cuts for long boards. I'm thinking that I would have already done it if I had seen the dvd before buying.

And thanks for taking your time to answer my que., too, Chris.

Stan

Glad I could clear that up Stan. The more I use the GRR-Rippers in the magazine, the more I believe you can never have enough of those things. Truly, 2 is the minimum. I find my self doing the "Hand over hand" technique on not only the table saw, but on the router table and especially the jointer.

Chris