PDA

View Full Version : Visit With Some Creekers...

Jim Becker
02-11-2004, 6:31 PM
My travels had me in the Houston area this week so I took advantage of the geography to visit with Todd Burch and Waymon Campbell. After meeting for some refreshments and food at "Willies" (after a challenging drive in the pouring rain), we headed over to Todd's shop to chat about this and that. You know, Todd's pictures of his work here at SMC are great, but the "real McCoy" in person is awesome...he does great woodworking! As usual, it was a great time and I was glad for the opportunity to visit some more folks out there. Pic below is in Todd's shop beside/behind his lovely home in Katy Texas.

Oh, and a little secret for my SMC friends...Uncle Todd has the necessary stuff to do the "spinny" thing. I suspect he just needs a little encouragement from all the "pushers" to get a little addicted... :D

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 6:38 PM
LOL...I see you have your trademark hat on, Jim!

Waymon looks like an offensive lineman compared to you two wide receivers! ;)

Waymon Campbell
02-11-2004, 7:02 PM
Chris - I think Jim might be a better fullback than wide receiver. The only thing bigger than me in Todd's shop were the two slabs of bubinga.

Seriously though, it was a pleasure to meet a couple of "real" woodworkers. Jim is right about Todd's woodworking skills...awesome. Hey Todd, "you got game!" I surely appreciated the fellowship and the opportunity to ask about a thousand questions.

Thanks Todd for the huge box of pen blanks, they will be well used to support the Freedom Pens Project.

Waymon...

Jim Becker
02-11-2004, 7:05 PM
...the two slabs of bubinga...

I forgot to mention those...oh, my. Big. Very Big. Very, Very Big. Very beautiful. I want some. Will not fit in my shop. Sheesh!

Todd Burch
02-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Jim, and Waymon - thank you both for coming over and spending some time shootin' the breeze. I really enjoyed it. Come back anytime!

Julie Wright
02-12-2004, 6:22 AM
Hey Todd,

Time to get your Lathe spinning. I've heard that you have a LOT of PEN Blanks!!! :)

And Jim, YOU have a lathe too, you didn't take any pen blanks home BECAUSE ?........ :)

Sounds like another Great Creeker Visit . :)

Jim Becker
02-12-2004, 7:13 AM
And Jim, YOU have a lathe too, you didn't take any pen blanks home BECAUSE ?........

Trust me, if I turned pens, I would not be lacking for material.