PDA

View Full Version : Finished built in

Craig D Peltier
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi, thought id share one of the latest projects. This is a built in , in a closet. The closet was very much out of square and many angles to fit the top in.
The draws are 55 inches wide.Top 2 are 22 inch deep and bottom is 18 inch. Theres also a slide out for computer tray. Its 40 inch tall to top. The hanles were made out of Jatoba as well as trim and accents. The core wood is Beech. Bartleys Gel Varnish 4 coats.
The other pic is of a 73 inch shelve with blind shelve supports.Im going to put a small modling at top to hide the brackets. The other unit is a bookshelve.Its screwed into the studs and rest 5 inches off floor on base molding.
Building 55 inch draws wasnt that bad.I spent some extra time making sure they were square.I wouldnt reccomend it though. Due to the width causing the slides to jar if you dont use even pressure. Half inch bottoms helped.

Lewis Cobb
11-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Craig - Nice job. I like the contrasting wood colors. Your computer shelf comment caused me to recollect a closet that I want to turn into a "stealth office" someday in the spare bedroom of our house.

Looks like you have a little carpet repair to do there - or are the closet doors going to hide that?

Lewis

Jim Becker
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Craig, that's a really great result from your hard work!

Jon Lanier
11-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Okay, just don't show my wife or I'll have more honey to do on an ever growing list.

Great work!

frank shic
11-11-2007, 12:15 AM
nice job, craig! how are you trimming out the edges? i'm still trying to figure out what to do with my built-ins that i built over a year ago! :o

Craig D Peltier
11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
nice job, craig! how are you trimming out the edges? i'm still trying to figure out what to do with my built-ins that i built over a year ago! :o

Edges where? The Jatoba edge banding?

The carpet hole will be repaired by a carpet guy.I knocked two cripple studs out of left wall to make it even on both sides.I added 2 2x4s on right side, then capped it with jatoba trim on both sides.