PDA

View Full Version : Worst borg experience

Scott Kilroy
11-10-2007, 5:04 PM
I was in the borg today and watched a customer who spoke very little (if any English) get screamed at by an employee. The employee didn't seem to be angry just couldn't seem to finish a sentence without two or three F words thrown in combined with the typical "we don't speak the same language so I'm going to yell at you" behavior.

I understand when I go into one of these stores that I'm not going to get good service but this seemed over the top. Anyone else have a similar story? I'm curious how typical this type of behavior is.

Charles Wiggins
11-10-2007, 5:10 PM
'bout the worst I've had is either being ignored or getting some know-it-all who doesn't.

Gary Keedwell
11-10-2007, 8:21 PM
That's why I'm for the national language to be english.
Gary

Doug Shepard
11-10-2007, 8:34 PM
That's why I'm for the national language to be english.
Gary

Not saying I disagree with you, but which English are we going to use? I for one don't want to attend a mandatory ESL class to learn Bostonian, Mainese, North Dakota Fargo-ese, Louisiana Cajun English, Mississippi drawl, Hillbilly, Ebonics, Kaleefawnya Surfer Dude, etc. etc. There's plenty of English speaking places in the U.S. where I can't understand a word that's spoken, at least not without a lot of concentration.

Kevin French
11-10-2007, 8:55 PM
My neighbor has a problem about getting questions answered. I had an unbelieveable amount of problems getting the correct materials for my deck this summer.

The store in Keene, NH disproves the theory that only the Federal Govnerment could be that screwed up and still be in business. While I was there waiting to get MY problem solved I saw SOOOO much disorganization, associates wandering around, and supervisors who wouldn't take any responibility and were as clueless as a Blonde Postal Supervisor. Knowing full well having said that gives Blondes a bad rap.

No wonder Lowes is kicking their butts.

Tom Veatch
11-10-2007, 9:02 PM
Worst Borg Experience? Oh, my! How to choose, how to choose?

But actually, once I adopted the attitude that I would neither seek nor expect any assistance, either verbal or physical - except in the case of using equipment for which only "associates" have the key - and then only if I have a couple of hours slack time in the schedule - my Borg experiences have improved from "infuriating" to merely "unsatisfactory".

My Borg excursions are now limited to those cases where my local lumber yard/hardware store doesn't have the items I need and I can't wait for online order fulfillment.

Randal Stevenson
11-10-2007, 9:11 PM
Worst Borg Experience? Oh, my! How to choose, how to choose?

QFT

I wonder if it can be two, since they happened on the same day. Going in when there are lots of "associates", yet not being able to get help, because they are listening to "the game".
(if you want to watch/listen to it, do it on your own time/dime, some of us compare that (censored), to rape and murder (long story)).
On the way out, the ONLY open registers, were the self checkout. Ok, then I get an employee discount, AND can use the ladders and tools around the store, right?

Jim O'Dell
11-10-2007, 9:23 PM
I just don't see those problems. Of course, I usually know what I'm looking for and where to find it. A lot of time, I spend looking around because I have an idea in my head, and I'm looking for the parts that will make it happen. There are several of the associates at my favorite HD that I know I can count on, and are always helpful to point me the right direction if I don't know where something is. I just don't see the problems that most of you talk about. Guess I'm just lucky, or have really low expectations.:D Jim.

Gary Keedwell
11-10-2007, 9:36 PM
Not saying I disagree with you, but which English are we going to use? I for one don't want to attend a mandatory ESL class to learn Bostonian, Mainese, North Dakota Fargo-ese, Louisiana Cajun English, Mississippi drawl, Hillbilly, Ebonics, Kaleefawnya Surfer Dude, etc. etc. There's plenty of English speaking places in the U.S. where I can't understand a word that's spoken, at least not without a lot of concentration.
Not saying I disagree with you either...but you have to start somewhere:rolleyes:
Gary

K. L. McReynolds
11-10-2007, 9:36 PM
I learned long ago the Borgs---specifically in my area---HD and Lowe's-----are not designed for customer service.

I have friends who work at both places, and a son who did for several months on a temporary basis. Associates get little training and no reason to improve in stores with poor management.

I used to use any of seven HD's and four Lowe's stores on a daily basis, depending on where the job for the day/week was located. The service was basically the same in all of them---but, I seldom needed help, so did not face the problem.

I once argued with a department manager about the fact the store had the same SKU tags on two different types of lumber-----he sarcastically spouted about how he had 15 years experience in the company/etc.

I calmly bet him $20 I could prove my claim, and took out the $20. That got his attention and he proceeded to investigate---and found I was correct.

Never even thanked me.:( :rolleyes:

When I want to pick my purchases myself, I go to a Borg----When I want good service----I go to a real lumberyard, plumbing/electrical supply, hardware store, etc.;)

Bryan Berguson
11-10-2007, 9:49 PM
I pushed the "help" button one day in a Lowes. Associate comes to help and after I tell him what I need, he get's a phone call and someone needs help in a different location. Guess what he did... excused himself to help the other person and left me standing there.

Bryan

Charles Wiggins
11-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I pushed the "help" button one day in a Lowes. Associate comes to help and after I tell him what I need, he get's a phone call and someone needs help in a different location. Guess what he did... excused himself to help the other person and left me standing there.

Bryan

Things like that happen to me, I become very 'demanding' very quickly and it's amazing how priorities shift.

Art Mulder
11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I was in the borg today and watched a customer who spoke very little (if any English) get screamed at by an employee. The employee didn't seem to be angry just couldn't seem to finish a sentence without two or three F words thrown in

Never in my life have I been in any (major) retail store and heard an employee use this sort of profanity. This guy would be fired pretty darn quick, I'd wager, if a manager or supervisor witnessed this.

Rich Engelhardt
11-11-2007, 8:02 AM
Hello,

The employee didn't seem to be angry just couldn't seem to finish a sentence without two or three F words thrown in combined with the typical "we don't speak the same language so I'm going to yell at you" behavior.

OTOH- when I worked the "other side of the aisle", that scene played out ~ 2 or 3 times daily - w/the customer doing the ranting.

Honestly, it was so commonplace we employees used to joke about it and rate the "horses pu-toot of the day".

Oddly - the more affluent the neighboorhood - the greater the number of "screaming meanies".

Randal Stevenson
11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I just don't see those problems. Of course, I usually know what I'm looking for and where to find it. A lot of time, I spend looking around because I have an idea in my head, and I'm looking for the parts that will make it happen. There are several of the associates at my favorite HD that I know I can count on, and are always helpful to point me the right direction if I don't know where something is. I just don't see the problems that most of you talk about. Guess I'm just lucky, or have really low expectations.:D Jim.

So do you get to use the mobile stairs when your item is up in storage, instead of on the floor?

Knowing what you want, and where it is SUPPOSED to be, isn't always the same. (also one reason I get po'd when they decide to reorganize the sections).

Bryan Berguson
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Things like that happen to me, I become very 'demanding' very quickly and it's amazing how priorities shift.

I'm getting more demanding in my old age (42 :) ) but I wasn't at the time. I patiently waited for him to come back. I probably wouldn't be quite as polite were that to happen now.

Bryan

Charles Wiggins
11-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Oddly - the more affluent the neighborhood - the greater the number of "screaming meanies".

I don't find that odd at all. That sounds pretty standard to me. A lot of people think that money makes them 'special'.

When I worked retail, I received constant compliments from customers on my customer service and got 'Employee of the Month' three times in one year based on my customer service. But I was also very honest with people about our limitations.

I once had a very wealthy German couple come in where I was working and making all sort of demands that did not follow the company's SOP. I politely explained how our operations worked, and I got a lecture on how HE ran HIS business and how I was an 'American puppet.' To which I replied, that he could run his business however he saw fit, but that I didn't own the company and was not about to promise him things that we couldn't deliver, and that if he didn't like it, Lufthansa had flights leaving Charlotte daily, and I walked away.

David G Baker
11-11-2007, 3:03 PM
Charles,
Great answer.

Jesse Cloud
11-11-2007, 3:49 PM
I was in the borg today and watched a customer who spoke very little (if any English) get screamed at by an employee. The employee didn't seem to be angry just couldn't seem to finish a sentence without two or three F words thrown in combined with the typical "we don't speak the same language so I'm going to yell at you" behavior.

I understand when I go into one of these stores that I'm not going to get good service but this seemed over the top. Anyone else have a similar story? I'm curious how typical this type of behavior is.

Before I retired, I traveled all over the world on business. More often than not, I would be somewhere that I couldn't speak the language or spoke a little bit very poorly. Invariably, store workers were kind and helpful, even in Paris :rolleyes:. It really shames me to see people treated so poorly over here. Wish that HD associate could be sent to Timbuktu and try to buy something to eat! Maybe walking a mile in someone else's shoes would teach him a little humanity.

Scott Kilroy
11-11-2007, 4:55 PM
Before I retired, I traveled all over the world on business. More often than not, I would be somewhere that I couldn't speak the language or spoke a little bit very poorly. Invariably, store workers were kind and helpful, even in Paris :rolleyes:. It really shames me to see people treated so poorly over here. Wish that HD associate could be sent to Timbuktu and try to buy something to eat! Maybe walking a mile in someone else's shoes would teach him a little humanity.

I think a large part about what bugged me was that (in NY at least) these stores get a lot of their business from emigrants. I also didn't get the impression that the clerk was frustrated by the language barrier it seemed more that he didn't care.

Ed Peters
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
of my own due in large part to a self imposed exposure reduction plan. Keep the trips down to a bare minimum and know where the item you want is located. I did however, witness a lumber loading effort where a Lowe's employee was an assistant. I watched a rail thin fellow wheel out 18 sheets (I counted as it was loaded) of toungue and groove underlayment (4' x 8' sheets) which we all know, is slippery when stacked. He did not push the load towards any one of the several trucks in the lot. He went right over to a Chrysler New Yorker, a four door sedan, with the store employee in tow. They loaded the lumber onto the roof of the car. They then secured the stack to the car by running a piece of the store twine through the rear windows and around the stack. After a couple of half hitches, the store employee returned to the store with the cart. The perpitrator of this madness started his car and rolled up to the traffic light and waited for his turn to enter the cross traffic. The balance of the story requires no further explanation from me. It seems that not all the idiots you might encounter in these places are going to be employees.

Ed

Charles Wiggins
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
of my own due in large part to a self imposed exposure reduction plan. Keep the trips down to a bare minimum and know where the item you want is located. I did however, witness a lumber loading effort where a Lowe's employee was an assistant. I watched a rail thin fellow wheel out 18 sheets (I counted as it was loaded) of toungue and groove underlayment (4' x 8' sheets) which we all know, is slippery when stacked. He did not push the load towards any one of the several trucks in the lot. He went right over to a Chrysler New Yorker, a four door sedan, with the store employee in tow. They loaded the lumber onto the roof of the car. They then secured the stack to the car by running a piece of the store twine through the rear windows and around the stack. After a couple of half hitches, the store employee returned to the store with the cart. The perpitrator of this madness started his car and rolled up to the traffic light and waited for his turn to enter the cross traffic. The balance of the story requires no further explanation from me. It seems that not all the idiots you might encounter in these places are going to be employees.

Ed

I'd have paid good money to watch that.

I used to work at a bedroom furniture store. More than once I had customers come to the warehouse for pickup and refuse tie-down or do it themselves. We ALWAYS noted that sort of things on our copy of the receipt and had them initial the note and sign for receipt.

I once had a bunch of high school boys who picked up a queen mattress that mom had picked out and paid for earlier in the day. They refused tie-down - So I had the 'kid-in-charge' initial and sign off. They just threw it on top of the car, got in, reached out the windows and grabbed the plastic mattress bag, and took off at mach 3. They ended up back at the store with the mattress - or most of it. One corner was completely gone due to road burn and apparently another vehicle had run over it.

They tried to lie and say that I refused to tie it down for them. So the salesman called me. I calmly explained to the salesman that they had refused and I had an initialed receipt to prove it, and if that kid was still there when I got up to the store I was going to rip him a new one for lying on me (which I wouldn't have, but I didn't want him to know that. I was just going to chew him out). They were gone by the time I got a chance to take the receipt up to the store.

Al Willits
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Well, considering Tyler and I must go to the only decent HD in the world, its my experience that its usually the other way around, some moron yelling at some clerk because they didn't know what color the cust bathroom was, when the cust says "Its kinda a pale yellow with a bit of indigo tint except for the green in it" not exact words but darn close to it...

Its a discount store, and I so far have been treated pretty well considering employee turnover and low wages, but I've never had a employee fling a few F bombs at me...

I know what they offer and pick what items will work for me.

Al

Press one for English, all others hang up.

Greg Cole
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I keep my expectations for the Borgs (blue n gray or orange) down about where my shoe laces are, keeps me from getting all bent out of shape when I make a borg run.
#1) Know what you want down to the littlest thing-a-majig. I have more detailed lists for my procurement runs than I have plans for a project build.
#2) Don't expect a "pro" (or someone posing as one) to be standing around in every section of the store at all times (or at anytime :rolleyes: ).
#3) Don't go on a Saturday morning, I find stopping on the way home in Friday night to be great. Saves time in the store and saves my weekend time for doing things other than spending time & getting frustrated at a borg....

Greg

David G Baker
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
The HD in my area has made tremendous changes. The electrical department has a pro that works there 5 days a week and he has given me excellent advice. Overall the store has improved 90%. A lot of effort has been made to insure that shelves are stocked. The caliber of employee has improved in every area that I have used. The store doesn't get an "A" but is definitely a "B+".

Ken Fitzgerald
11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
David,

I've enjoyed the same experience at the local HD here in the last few months. During the week, there are actually knowledgeable folks in the electrical department.

I work in the service industry and have for over 30 years. I've also worked on the loading docks at a large Sears store. A couple of things everybody on both sides of the retail fence needs to keep in mind......

1. Screaming and shouting will almost never improve the situation and will likely worsen it.

2. If you are involved in or witness a bad situation, first, try to talk with the person in a reasonable manner (which doesn't include screaming, shouting, making references to social status or giving crude jestures) and then take the matter to a manager. Do both without getting emotional. When someone approaches me overly emotional, I will listen to them but am more inclined to write the person off as being overly emotional and therefore give less credence to their tale of woe. When someone approaches me calmly and gives me a detailed scenario, it has more weight and credence.

Terre Hooks
11-12-2007, 4:33 PM
Corns and calluses are one of the three major foot problems in the United States. The other two are foot infections and toenail problems. Corns and calluses affect about 5% of the population.

Corns usually appear on non-weight-bearing areas like the outside of the little toe or the tops of other toes. Women have corns more often than men, probably because women wear high-heeled shoes and other shoes that do not fit properly. Corns have hard cores shaped like inverted pyramids. Sharp pain occurs whenever downward pressure is applied, and a dull ache may be felt at other times.

Calluses occur most often on the heels and balls of the feet, the knees, and the palms of the hands. However, they can develop on any part of the body that is subject to repeated pressure or irritation. Calluses are usually more than an inch wide--larger than corns. They generally don't hurt unless pressure is applied.

David G Baker
11-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Terre.
Huh?

Gary Keedwell
11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Corns and calluses are one of the three major foot problems in the United States. The other two are foot infections and toenail problems. Corns and calluses affect about 5% of the population.

Corns usually appear on non-weight-bearing areas like the outside of the little toe or the tops of other toes. Women have corns more often than men, probably because women wear high-heeled shoes and other shoes that do not fit properly. Corns have hard cores shaped like inverted pyramids. Sharp pain occurs whenever downward pressure is applied, and a dull ache may be felt at other times.

Calluses occur most often on the heels and balls of the feet, the knees, and the palms of the hands. However, they can develop on any part of the body that is subject to repeated pressure or irritation. Calluses are usually more than an inch wide--larger than corns. They generally don't hurt unless pressure is applied.
Are you trying to tell us that your worst borg experience is sore feet:confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Gary

PS. Aren't you the guy who wrote a thread on how to grow onions??? http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x286/jc623/cigar.gif http://www.woodworkslive.com/Smileys/default/evil.gif

Dylan Smith
11-13-2007, 1:19 AM
So do you get to use the mobile stairs when your item is up in storage, instead of on the floor?

Just grab 'em and wheel 'em where you need 'em.

It's not as if any employee will ever wander into your aisle to discover your transgression, anyway.

If they do, and you show them what you're pulling off the shelf 15 feet in the air, they'll probably say, "Gee, I didn't know we had those."

Jon Lanier
11-13-2007, 2:09 AM
I was at the Blue Borg today picking up a few items. I went over to the shelving area (closet type) Thinking I might use something like that for a drying rack for roughed out bowls. Leaning up against the wall was a beat up rack that was around 9' long and 16" wide. I asked a worker what they do with that and he said, "Give some customer a break." He called it in right there, and said $4.00. I said, "Sold."

There is actually about 7 ft of this that is good. But the whole thing is going up... after all it's just going in my shop.

So, a Good Borg experience. (And no, I didn't take a picture of it.) Maybe when it gets hung.

Nancy Laird
11-13-2007, 2:27 AM

Terre, a small piece of advice:

I doubt that many of us woodworkers are interested in your treatises on corns, callouses, and onions. (And if you're going to expound on callouses, please learn to spell the word.)

Nancy

Dan Mages
11-13-2007, 8:38 PM

In this case, I would have found a manager and informed him or her about the extremely unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour exhibited by the employee and insist that the customer be apologized to. Sometimes you have to stand up for your fellow person.

3 cents... adjusted for fuel surcharges

Dan

David G Baker
11-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Dan,
You didn't adjust your fuel surcharge high enough. It is now 10 cents and will probably be higher in the morning.

Mike Henderson
11-14-2007, 2:31 AM

I doubt that many of us woodworkers are interested in your treatises on corns, callouses, and onions. (And if you're going to expound on callouses, please learn to spell the word.)

Nancy
Maybe his posting was a joke playing on the name of this forum - Off Topic!!

Mike

Alex Berkovsky
11-14-2007, 8:58 AM
Two weeks ago I had to rent a power washer from BORG to wash off the front of the house after it got egged. Brought it home, crancked it, and found out that the nozzle was leaking. Drove back to return the unit immediatelly. The associate checked it and agreed that the nozzle was leaking. By that time it was too late to get a replacement so I just returned it and confirmed that there would be no charge. The next day I rented another unit and returned it within 2 hours. Yesterday I get a message on my answering machine from the first guy who rented me a defective unit asking me when I am going to return the power washer and that the running total is now over $600. :mad: I called back and reminded him that I returned the power washer back directly to him and rerented one the next day (from another associate). I checked the computer and saw that I did rent one the next day and returned it. Before accusing me of not returning the power washer, why not do a quick inventory of power washers? :confused:

Somewhat related story... when I was renting, the associate told me that they offer their rentals for sale. Being curious, I asked the price. This particular power washer had a tire that was flat and falling off and the unit looked pretty abused. The price they were offering it for was $400. I told him to find another sucker.

Gary Keedwell
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe his posting was a joke playing on the name of this forum - Off Topic!!

Mike
I have to side with Nancy. Yes, it is the Off Topic forum but the poster seemed a little disconnected from OP subject. Nancy's reference to onions is Mr. Hook's rather unconventional thread where he seemed to cut and paste a chapter from an agriculture article for no rhyme or reason or explanation.:confused: :D ;)

Gary

Gary Keedwell
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Two weeks ago I had to rent a power washer from BORG to wash off the front of the house after it got egged. Brought it home, crancked it, and found out that the nozzle was leaking. Drove back to return the unit immediatelly. The associate checked it and agreed that the nozzle was leaking. By that time it was too late to get a replacement so I just returned it and confirmed that there would be no charge. The next day I rented another unit and returned it within 2 hours. Yesterday I get a message on my answering machine from the first guy who rented me a defective unit asking me when I am going to return the power washer and that the running total is now over $600. :mad: I called back and reminded him that I returned the power washer back directly to him and rerented one the next day (from another associate). I checked the computer and saw that I did rent one the next day and returned it. Before accusing me of not returning the power washer, why not do a quick inventory of power washers? :confused:

Somewhat related story... when I was renting, the associate told me that they offer their rentals for sale. Being curious, I asked the price. This particular power washer had a tire that was flat and falling off and the unit looked pretty abused. The price they were offering it for was $400. I told him to find another sucker.
Alex,
How did you make out with the egg removal? That can be real nasty stuff:mad:
Gary

Alex Berkovsky
11-14-2007, 1:14 PM
Alex,
How did you make out with the egg removal? That can be real nasty stuff:mad:
GaryThe eggs on the front double door was all elbow grease and took a while. On the porch and brick walls the power washer did the trick. I know who was responsible for egging my house and the kid's father payed for the power washer rental. The smell of the rotten eggs lasted for a few days.

Mike Cutler
11-14-2007, 1:18 PM
In this case, I would have found a manager and informed him or her about the extremely unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour exhibited by the employee and insist that the customer be apologized to. Sometimes you have to stand up for your fellow person.

Dan

Dan

Thank you for restoring my faith in mankind. I would have done the same thing, and recently did in a Tractor Supply store.
There is no reason for a clerk to verbally abuse a customer. The clerk should have just walked away and got the manager. Same when the tables are turned.

I think we all need to reevaluate our expectations with respect to home center stores.

Mike Henderson
11-14-2007, 2:32 PM
I have to side with Nancy. Yes, it is the Off Topic forum but the poster seemed a little disconnected from OP subject. Nancy's reference to onions is Mr. Hook's rather unconventional thread where he seemed to cut and paste a chapter from an agriculture article for no rhyme or reason or explanation.:confused: :D ;)

Gary

My posting was an attempt at humor, perhaps a poor attempt. I should have put some smiley faces on it to better convey that.

Mike

Fred Voorhees
11-14-2007, 5:33 PM

Jim....thank God! I thought I was alone in this situation. Maybe we should count our blessings or just think we are lucky. Like you, I pretty much know the layout of my local HD and rarely, if ever, need assistance to find what it is I'm after. Those times that I did seek assistance, I found it and I found someone with answers, some nice back and forth chatter and even some practical advise here and there. Until the time I see a wholesale change in my experiences at the local HD, I won't be a lemming and simply jump on the "Let's trash the Borgs" bandwagon.

Gary Keedwell
11-14-2007, 6:41 PM
My posting was an attempt at humor, perhaps a poor attempt. I should have put some smiley faces on it to better convey that.

Mike
Guess I read it wrong....must of been those exclamation points.;) :)

Gary

Leo Pashea
11-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Nancy

It would appear to me that not only your response, but the attachment you posted would be a violation of the terms of service? Since when are you the SMC police, and what qualifies you to dispense advice? Sheesh.

Steve Leverich
11-15-2007, 2:47 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but there are two similar words - from the American Heritage Dictionary:

USAGE NOTE: Do not confuse the adjective callous, as in Years of dealing with criminals had left her callous, with the noun callus, as in I have a callus on my thumb. The verbs callous and callus mean respectively “to make or become callous” and “to form or develop hardened tissue.”

And yeah, the posts WERE about as off-topic as you could get; but that's the name of the forum - to each his own :cool: Steve

Gary Keedwell
11-15-2007, 3:00 PM
Off topic forums are for topics that aren't woodworking related. Once a topic is started, it is usually protocol to stay on the topic that started that particular thread. Sometimes it is inevitable that we drift from the Original Posters subject. That being said, there is a difference between drifting and floating half-way across the sea.;) JMHO
Gary

Steve Leverich
11-15-2007, 3:58 PM
Good point, Gary - I guess I've just gotten used to it, having lived the last 42 years with a woman whose primary language is "non sequitur" :D Steve

Nancy Laird
11-15-2007, 4:46 PM
Steve, you are absolutely right, and I apologize to you and all of you who have calluses.

Anyone been to the BORG lately???

Steve Leverich
11-15-2007, 5:42 PM
Went there last week to get a few electrical items - instead of "would you like fries with that?" I found a journeyman electrician in that dept - the downside - he was so bored/lonely that once he found out I'm also licensed, I heard so many "war stories" I ended up forgetting a couple of things I'd meant to get, and had to go back later :rolleyes:

Seems like there are mainly two extremes at the borg -

Another pet peeve of mine - PVC fittings. I've taken to buying them in the "contractor pack"s just to keep from having to take all those pesky bar code/price stickers off, 99% of which are (naturally) applied right where you wanna put the durn GLUE... Steve

David G Baker
11-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Steve,
I have already posted my very good experience in the HD electrical department but now that you mentioned it, the journeyman electrician did seem very bored and more than willing to share his life experiences in the field.
I also agree wholeheartedly with your complaint about the @$#*& bar codes/price stickers on the pipe fittings. I don't have a big problem with the PVC because I use the cleaner but when the tag is partially inside of a 1/2" copper fitting it really torques me off that I have to spend 10 minutes cleaning the glue out of the fitting. I also buy the contractor packs for that reason.

Scott Kilroy
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Dan

Totally agree, and I regret not reacting to the situation faster. At some point the employee noticed people staring at him and found someplace to hide. I did try to speak with the Spanish-speaking man but most of my high school Spanish braincells were destroyed a long long time ago. He didn't seem to want to complain (as far as I could tell) so I tried to help him (he needed a new hose for his compressor).