PDA

View Full Version : New phone - 3 hours getting it to sync 1st time

Mitchell Andrus
11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I bought a new PC phone (Samsung SCH-i760 with 2 gigs!!!!! on a mini-card) running Mobile 6 Pro. I'm moving off of a Treo with Palm stuff. Palm's OK, but I'm looking for a bit more capability and I am a gadget freak. President of the more-money-than-brains club too.

So.... I install all the software, plug in the phone for it's first handshake and Nada. Long frustating story cut short.... McAffee needs to be told (sometimes) to 'allow' certain connections. 2 hours.

The phone has a few too many menus for connection configurations. I finally stumbled into the proper setup. 1 more hour.

Now, I've got to get it's Bluetooth deal to talk to the radio in my car. Cover me... I'm going in!!!

Sometimes, this just isn't fun anymore.

Jason Christenson
11-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm posting this from my phone, a Motorola Q. I like having a phone with an MP3 player but the truth is I really miss my Blackberry. It was much more intuitive to use and the email was a hundred times better.

Jason

Jim Becker
11-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Nokia E62 user here...yea, the menus on any of these things can sometimes be maddening, but eventually you get them working the way you want them to. The native browser on mine is fine with SMC including posting in threads, but will not work right for PMs for some reason. But it's still quite handy when sitting in the airline lounge waiting for a flight! LOL

Mitchell Andrus
11-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm looking foward to the Wi-Fi. My Treo get onto the net, but it was expensive. Now, I can get on through my Fios router while sitting in the tub, on the porch, fixing the roof....

Gary Keedwell
11-09-2007, 1:15 PM
:rolleyes: I would pay attention to what your doing when up on the roof.:eek: :)
Gary

Dave Hale
11-09-2007, 4:25 PM
Exactly why I switched to the iPhone, menus and stability. Moto phones, Samsung i700, Samsung i730, Blackberry 7130e..........
iPhone makes it all easy, at least for now. :) With 8Gigs BTW. :)

Jason Christenson
11-09-2007, 4:32 PM
Exactly why I switched to the iPhone, menus and stability. Moto phones, Samsung i700, Samsung i730, Blackberry 7130e..........
iPhone makes it all easy, at least for now. :) With 8Gigs BTW. :)

I don't think I could live without a qwerty key board anymore.

Jason

Tim A. Mitchell
11-11-2007, 1:46 AM
I too am a gadget guy, but I like to have dedicated gadgets that work better. Easy to set up, use, and upgrade. I really dont want one thing to do it all. I'm fine that my PND, phone, e-mail, mp3 player, just as I am with my DVD, VHS, TV, reciever, cd's, sat radio and pvr are all seperate.

Makes it easier to upgrade, too.