PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
11-09-2007, 8:49 AM
Friday November 9th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!

Well, less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving. And you all know what that means. HO! HO! HO! isn't far behind.

I know the "Doin's" thread is a little late this morning. :o

I got up at my normal time, but I've been busy getting a turkey into the oven and carving up another that I cooked last night. While we do like turkey, these are not for us. LOML is taking them to a Veterans Day "Pow Wow" tomorrow. It's to honor all veterans and the flag presented to us, for our son's service, in the Navy, will be flown, along with other military veterans who have "walked on".

Take the time to honor a "Veteran" this weekend. Remember, it's because of them that we are able to enjoy this website and enjoy our hobbies of making sawdust and have a Thanksgiving. Say "Thanks" if you see a service member in uniform.

Now on to the weekend. I really don't have a lot planned. Hand is still sore, but I am now wearing a device that helps a little. Of course I'll be watching the "Purple Gang" take on the "Yellow & Gold" Sunday.

So what's up in your "neck of the woods" over these next couple of days? Whatever it may be, I hope that it's productive and it's something you enjoy. Just remember to "BE SAFE".

Karl

Don Bullock
11-09-2007, 9:14 AM
Karl, take care of that hand. I'm sorry that it is still hurting.

I'm actually hoping to get some "shop time" in tomorrow morning. I made some great progress on my "project list" last weekend and plan to start back on them this afternoon after work. I'll have to cut the day in the shop on Saturday a little short because I have a Basset Hound Club awards dinner to attend in the evening. We have two bassets getting medallions for finishing their AKC Championship this year. On Sunday we're celebrating veterans of a different kind. My wife and I are showing our two brood bitches in a match (fun dog show). It's a great opportunity for us to celebrate their contribution to our breeding program. The LOML and I haven't decided what we'll do on out day off, Monday.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-09-2007, 9:26 AM
I hope to finish painting the shop this weekend. Get the last of the light fixtures hung.

Jim Becker
11-09-2007, 11:14 AM
This weekend will be a mixed bag as I have to prepare some things for upcoming business travel as well as it's my week for taking the girls to the YMCA for karate and swimming. Saturday is also our 6th wedding anniversary. The girls are singing in the kids choir for the first time this Sunday, so I'll have to attend that service. But I do have some things to do in and around the addition and am anticipating a delivery of cherry from Mike Morgan. Perhaps I'll a little shop time, too...

Tony De Masi
11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Tomorrow will be attending the local club meeting with guest turner Bill Grumbine. Been looking forward to this all year so I can't wait.

Sunday will be spent winterizing the irrigation system then down to the shop to complete more Christmas gifts for the family.

Tony

Bill White
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Put Maggie on the plane (as in airplane) for San Diego. I'll now have beaucoup shop time for final set up and cleaning. Got all the tops cleaned and waxed last week. May go get the new Eagles recording, and blow out what remains of my hearing.
Bill

Doug Shepard
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Looking to get the first pieces of purpleheart edging glued onto my benchtop and a bit more sized and joinery cut. Heading out Saturday afternoon with China for a few hours of play with a local group that meets monthly with their mutts and turns them loose.

Tyler Howell
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey Karl,
Headed to the new place for the whole week. It's coming up on my one year aniversary as a land baron.
I'll be out of pocket for a while so you folks behave.
Going to put the plow and chains on the Kabota. Maybe play in the snow. Throw some lead in the air too.
Gotta get the place spruced up as I'm the host for Thanks Giving this year.
I'm bringing some more tools up and working on the shop.

The master suite project continues. Gotta get out of this demo/design phase and on to construction.

I start work at North House Folk School tomorrow. http://www.northhousefolkschool.com/events/index.html (http://www.northhousefolkschool.com/events/index.html)
Hope to learn some new things and share a thing or 2.
Looks like a full week.
Play safe.
TJH

Dan Forman
11-09-2007, 5:08 PM
Hope to finish the cab I'm making for a Performax 22-44, based on Jim Beckers model, with some variations.

Dan

Bill Wyko
11-09-2007, 5:14 PM
I hope to get time to finish the drawers and doors on the Humidor I've been on for ever. Then I just have a little work on the top and I should be able to post it. Probably another 2 or 3 weekends and I'll be done.

Ken Shoemaker
11-09-2007, 5:28 PM
Took half day off of work to p/u some red oak for a bookcase my daughter is asked Santa for. My wife, a band director, is giving a concert tomorrow evening honoring our veterns of which I count myself as one (Army). But all day Saturday and Sunday, IT"s SHOP TIME!!!!! Yee Haw!!!!

David Duke
11-09-2007, 5:51 PM
Going to the local HS football game tonight, hopefully we'll wrap up another another undefeated trip throught district this year..........playoffs, now thats another matter.

Saturday I plan on working on a bookcase for a client then that evening we're suppose to go get our annual Christmas photos made. Sunday morning I hope to put in more time on the bookcase then my brother is having a fish fry that afternoon. So overall my weekend will be full of many things including a little WWing.

Kent E. Matthew
11-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Putting the walls and roof on my small shop.

Skyp Nelson
11-10-2007, 5:27 AM
I'm putting a new roof on my shop/garage. Not much fun, but necessary:(

Rick Gifford
11-10-2007, 7:32 AM
Refinishing our hardwood floors. Never done it before... it's gonna be alot of work.

Jim Kountz
11-10-2007, 9:01 AM
Well Im still recovering from the WVU/Louisville game I went to Thursday night. Boy that stuff was so much easier when you're 18. At 40 it just wore me out but a real blast at the same time. As far as the weekend, this has got to be a first in a long time but I have absolutely NO PLANS!! Not sure what I might get into but it will involve the shop in some way Im sure. I got a nice cedar blank from my turning club last Saturday so I might do something with that. Watch some Football or maybe just sleep like a college student would!! LOL

Nancy Laird
11-10-2007, 9:37 AM
I'm going to be recovering from the gut shot I got yesterday in the doctor's office! A couple of weeks ago I went to the ER with what I thought was a kidney infection (it wasn't) and the urinalysis showed some sugar, so the ER doc recommended that I see my PCP--after a round in the vampire lab. Yesterday was the day, saw the doc at about 9:00 a.m., and I've been diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, and elevated cholesterol---all at one fell swoop! I'm still reeling from the shock, and contemplating the four medications and blood-sugar tester sitting on my kitchen counter. My mother (who is also diabetic) has sent me a list of OK and no-no foods, but if there's anyone here who has some practical advice or information, PLEASE impart it here -- or send me a PM. I need it! Thanks.

Nancy (41 days)

Gary Keedwell
11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Nancy,

Wow, alot to swallow in one day, huh? Ya gonna have to start watching what you eat and do regular exercise so you can better enjoy your soon to be retirement. I've been doing it for years. Becomes second nature after awhile.:)

Take Care,
Gary

Nancy Laird
11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna have to have hubby buy either a treadmill or a stationary bike--I don't do exercise well!!!!

Bill Wyko
11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Don't feel bad Nancy. I drive by the gym every day and still can't seem to loose 1 lb.;)

Glenn Clabo
11-11-2007, 7:13 AM
Nancy,
The only thing that works for me is eating better...and a treadmill. It's extremely tough...but when you have a nurse for a wife and she explains the consequences of not keeping things under control...it makes more sense. My plan is to get as much time retired as I can.

Rick Gifford
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Still have one more coat left. This weekend I sanded the floors (these two rooms and a hallway). Pain in the butt for sure!

Tonight I am wrapping up the finish. Using water based urethane.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/wvboccie/floorssmall.jpg