PDA

View Full Version : biscut jointer?

Tim Wagner
11-09-2007, 12:36 AM
good one for a good price? ideas?\

Trey Isbell
11-09-2007, 4:48 AM
I have a makita that I am very pleased with. I think it is about $200 brand new. Got one off of ebay for about 140 that was brand new in the box.

Rich Engelhardt
11-09-2007, 5:54 AM
Hello Tim,
I bought a Porter Cable a couple of years ago @ Lowes. It was $189.00 plus at the time it came with a $30.00 rebate.
I'm happy with the tool but in all honesty, I've only used it a couple of times.

That may change here in the near future though. Up until recently, I haven't had the time to take on anything where it would be of any use/didn't have a surface planner & jointer.

Bob Genovesi
11-09-2007, 6:59 AM
I have the Dewalt model that I've been very please with. I've had this for about 6 years and have gone through 5 or 6 cans of #10 & #20 biscuts.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/DW682K.jpg

Bob

Mick Zelaska
11-09-2007, 7:26 AM
I purchased a Ryobi at HD for $99 a couple years ago. Still works great and I never saw a need to upgrade. I now have a Domino, but still pull out the Ryobi when joint strength is not an issue. I can even hook my Festool CT22 to the Ryobi.

Jim Podsedly
11-09-2007, 7:26 AM
Another vote for the Dewalt. Very pleased with it and has done what has been asked of it for 2 years now.

Gone through a bottle of #10 and #20 in the last two years.

Jim

alex grams
11-09-2007, 7:36 AM
dewalt here, i was lucky that Home Depot was having a clearance on them, and i managed to grab one at 109 instead of 189. Very pleased with it.

Bill White
11-09-2007, 7:44 AM
DeWalt here. Can hook it up to the vac. Still have not had to sharpen the blade.
Bill

Greg Narozniak
11-09-2007, 8:43 AM
Dewalt here as well. I have had it for years and I would buy it again.

Tim Wagner
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
wow, a lot of great replies. Looks like I will go shopping for the dewalt. I do eventually want a domino, but I will make do with the B-jointer until I A: make some extra side cash to afford one, and B: become more involved with woodworking.

On a side note, Have any of you seen Either Norm, or David marks demonstrate or use a Domino in any of there products? or anyone else's shows?

I could use dowels i suppose, but I am building a rolling file cabinate, and will need to make a skirt (to hide the wheels) around the bottom where I will use biscuits to join the 45* miters.

TIA

Gary Keedwell
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
wow, a lot of great replies. Looks like I will go shopping for the dewalt. I do eventually want a domino, but I will make do with the B-jointer until I A: make some extra side cash to afford one, and B: become more involved with woodworking.

On a side note, Have any of you seen Either Norm, or David marks demonstrate or use a Domino in any of there products? or anyone else's shows?

I could use dowels i suppose, but I am building a rolling file cabinate, and will need to make a skirt (to hide the wheels) around the bottom where I will use biscuits to join the 45* miters.

TIA
I don't think Marks has filmed a new show in years so I don't think you will see him use one.
Gary

Jim Becker
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
If I were going to actually buy one (I have a Freud JS102 and rarely use it since discovering pocket screws), I'd probably buy the PC that also handles the smaller and smallest biscuits.

Mike Kenney
11-09-2007, 11:16 AM

TIA

Heres one about a little less then 3/4s in

http://thewoodwhisperer.com/?p=219