PDA

View Full Version : Pasko-ish Festool Gloat

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Okay, finally, I have something to gloat about in my shop er garage.

Many thanks (and ca$h) went to Mr. Bob Marino and I want to thank him for the TOTALLY COOL AWESOME t-shirt that showed up in the mail last night: a freebie!!

I suddenly have this new found love for sanding (it's a 150/5 but I see a Rotex in my future) and I am diligent about my grits so I went ahead and darn near picked up every grade from dawn until dusk! :D The CT-11e vacuum sucks and is very quiet.

The CDD12 drill is awesome, compact, and packs a punch. I picked up the angle and eccentric chucks to enhance it.

It is true, Festool is like nothing else....

Michael Ballent
02-11-2004, 2:54 PM
Congrats and get some dust kicked up with your new toys... :D Oh wait Festool does not allow the dust to escape from their tools. Oh well ;)

-Michael

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 3:16 PM
You can't tell but I have all that sandpaper sitting on top of a bathroom door that needs, well, some sanding! :)

I "220ied" it last night (220, brilliant) and repainted the door. One thing I learned...do not buy cheap rollers for painting. The door initially felt like a pebble street so I sanded it all out, bought a real roller (Purdy) and it went on smooth as glass.

And, yes, hardly any dust was to be found...just the occasional balled up chunk of paint. Fantastic sanders...just fantastic. :)

Tyler Howell
02-11-2004, 3:40 PM
Too Cool Dude!

Can we still talk to you now that you sport a FestooL T shirt???
Congrats!

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 5:05 PM
No problem, Tyler! Well, you need to have one on when I have one on or I'm not sure we can hang.... ;)

Chris Pasko
02-11-2004, 8:07 PM
Hahaa, awesome gloat! The bad thing is you ended up costing me money =), your drill and sanding pads were sent to my house! Of course when I opened it and saw the drill I have always wanted, it was like someone twisting my arm, I had to tell Bob I refused to send it back so he charged me for it =). Now I have the same sweet drill as you thanks to you heheh.

I also would like to thank Bob for the Shirt and freebies! You are the man! Hope you got my message!

-Chris

Mark Singer
02-11-2004, 9:34 PM
Chris ,
Looks great! Wonderful tools and really well designed!

John Miliunas
02-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey, wait a minute! That shirt looks just like mine! Hrmph...Almost like "mine"; LOML nabbed it saying, "Hey, that looks comfy. I'll wear it to work!" That's OK. She's got the shirt, I've got the tools! And now it looks like Chris has got a bunch of 'em too! Sweet! A worthy gloat, indeed. The sander is definitely great, though I'm not sure you have enough paper there! :rolleyes: I've also got the T-handle version of the drill; I hardly pick up one of the other 3 I have since I got the Festool! I'm sure I don't have to tell you to "enjoy" those tools! They're great! :cool:

Chris Padilla
02-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Hahaa, awesome gloat! The bad thing is you ended up costing me money =), your drill and sanding pads were sent to my house! Of course when I opened it and saw the drill I have always wanted, it was like someone twisting my arm, I had to tell Bob I refused to send it back so he charged me for it =). Now I have the same sweet drill as you thanks to you heheh.

I also would like to thank Bob for the Shirt and freebies! You are the man! Hope you got my message!

-Chris
Chris,

I did pretty well out of the deal...I got a 10% off CDD12 but only had to pay for a 20% off one! :) Secretly, I think Bob did this on purpose to sell you the drill! I mean, how could you possibly resist it holding it in your hands and grinning?? :D :p

Thanks for accolades everyone! I now have a real complete sanding system (and awesome drill) and it feels real nice. Now to design some fancy/shmancy storage for all that sandpaper! I'm eyeballing the jigsaw now but my credit card is quite bloated by now and soon my checking account won't be! :eek:

Dave Avery
02-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Chris,

Now to design some fancy/shmancy storage for all that sandpaper! I'm eyeballing the jigsaw now but my credit card is quite bloated by now and soon my checking account won't be! :eek:

Chris,

I have the sandpaper systainer and like it pretty well. Dave.

Gene Collison
02-12-2004, 3:13 PM
Okay, finally, I have something to gloat about in my shop er garage.

Many thanks (and ca$h) went to Mr. Bob Marino and I want to thank him for the TOTALLY COOL AWESOME t-shirt that showed up in the mail last night: a freebie!!

I suddenly have this new found love for sanding (it's a 150/5 but I see a Rotex in my future) and I am diligent about my grits so I went ahead and darn near picked up every grade from dawn until dusk! :D The CT-11e vacuum sucks and is very quiet.

The CDD12 drill is awesome, compact, and packs a punch. I picked up the angle and eccentric chucks to enhance it.

It is true, Festool is like nothing else....

Chris,

Are you going to be our new westcoast distributor for Festool sandpaper?

Gene

Chris Padilla
02-12-2004, 3:16 PM
Tell you what, Gene, my fellow SoCal brethern...I'll mail you out 1 sheet of each grit and you can try it and see how you like it. However, the only catch is that they must be used on a Festool sander!

:D

Gene Collison
02-12-2004, 6:33 PM
Tell you what, Gene, my fellow SoCal brethern...I'll mail you out 1 sheet of each grit and you can try it and see how you like it. However, the only catch is that they must be used on a Festool sander!

:D

Chris,

Gotcha for a whole bunch of free sandpaper!!!!! Yuck yuck!! Ask Bob Marino if I have one because I do. And a whole lot more Festool stuff too. I'll send you my address in a private message so you can get it right out. Free shipping too!

Gene

Chris Padilla
02-12-2004, 6:43 PM
Pictures, Gene, we need pictures! :D I don't trust Bob...he sends my orders to other people!!! hahaha :p

Dave Arbuckle
02-12-2004, 11:12 PM
You got a free t-shirt? Man, I must be buying from the wrong guy.

Confusing part is, I'm buying from the same guy... :confused:

Dave :D