PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1590 1590EVSK preceived orbital problem: SOLVED

Grant Vanbokklen
11-08-2007, 8:36 PM
Just got a new Bosch 1590EVSK from amazon last night.

{EDIT: The orbital action only shows when there is pressure on the blade roller itself as I have posted below. It was my misunderstanding of how this unit works.}

I'm pretty sure that the orbital action is not working. Comparing it to my Bosch 1587 and a co-workers 1587 there is a big apparent difference in the orbital function. On this new 1590 I do not see the guide moving at all. And yes, even on slow speed. The three settings for orbital for sure do not do anything. Do those of you with the 1590 see the guide moving like it clearly does on the 1587?

Anyone else have this problems with this jig saw?

Gary Keedwell
11-08-2007, 8:52 PM
Well, my bosch is 14 years old but you could always see the orbital action on low speed.
Gary

Grant Vanbokklen
11-08-2007, 9:13 PM
Searching this site I found this thread:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62558

Jason, if your out there, did you get this problem resolved?

Jason White
11-09-2007, 6:26 AM
Just sent you a PM.

JW

Searching this site I found this thread:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62558

Jason, if your out there, did you get this problem resolved?

Grant Vanbokklen
11-09-2007, 9:13 AM
Ok a question for those of you with the Bosch 1590evsk Jig Saw.

Do you see the blade guide moving in orbital mode like you can with the 1587, where you can very visably see it rocking back and forth?

I'm telling you I can actually see a very noticable differences in each increment of the orbital setting with the 1587, with both the blade and the guide at the slowest speed. Where with this new 1590 nothing.

Fred Woodward
11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I too have both an older model and the newer Bosch saw. I see a noticeable difference in the mechanical movement of the orbit settings on the older saw but it is much less obvious with the new saw. They both still cut very well but the newer saw does make a cleaner cut.

Grant Vanbokklen
11-09-2007, 3:11 PM
My misunderstanding of how this saw works let me to beleive that the unit was not functioning properly. I was so accustomed to other orbital jig saws that you could clearly see the blade in orbital action just looking at it.

But I called Bosch and was told that the 1590EVSK only shows the orbital action when there is pressure put against the blade roller itself.

Without a blade in the unit and at its slowest speed, you can put pressure on the roller with your finger, careful not to let the lifting rod hit your finger when it is going up and down. You will then notice the orbital action.

Gary Keedwell
11-09-2007, 6:09 PM
Ya mean you was looking at it without a blade in it?
Gary

Grant Vanbokklen
11-09-2007, 9:16 PM
Ya mean you was looking at it without a blade in it?
Gary

No Gary I had a blade in it and was looking for the blade to move in orbital action like my 1587 does right off. The only way the 1590 will have an orbital action is when pressure is applied to the blade. Or you can do it by pressing on the roller guide. It was my bad. :o

Gary Keedwell
11-09-2007, 9:28 PM
No Gary I had a blade in it and was looking for the blade to move in orbital action like my 1587 does right off. The only way the 1590 will have an orbital action is when pressure is applied to the blade. Or you can do it by pressing on the roller guide. It was my bad. :o
Oh....I got it now;)

Steve Leverich
11-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna check my DeWalt saw for this as soon as I get some sleep; I too thought it was defective since no position of the control caused any noticeable change in blade motion.

Man, if I hang around the Creek long enough I might actually stop feeling so dumb :=) Steve

glenn bradley
11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
On my 1591 (essentially the same for this discussion) I was sure the orbital function was not working because I could not see it. Even with the saw clamped next to a stationary object; I just couldn't see it.

Bosch support told me to take a piece of wood and make a cut into it a couple inches on each setting. They were right, there was a definite difference but, I still can't see it, just the results. Weird.

Grant Vanbokklen
11-10-2007, 1:55 PM
On my 1591 (essentially the same for this discussion) I was sure the orbital function was not working because I could not see it. SNIP I still can't see it, just the results. Weird.

Glenn, try this. Without a blade in the unit at the slow speed setting, careful not to let the lifting rod hit the tip of your finger, put pressure on the roller guide (the lifting rod will come to about 1/4" from your fingertip) and you will see/feel the orbital action.