PDA

View Full Version : Does any one want a ....

Jon Lanier
11-08-2007, 4:40 PM
14 year old boy? ARRRRRGH!

"Dad, I can't find the last few answers in my science book for the homework."

Dad, goes over the process of a way of finding the answers.

"Dad, that doesn't work."

Dad takes book, finds the last three answers under 30 seconds. It's right there is front of him in the last two paragraphs. I leave and tell him they are right there on the page.

"Where, don't leave."

"Do your own work," the father replies, "I'm not doing it for you."

"But DAAAAD?"

ARRRRRRGH! (ok, I've vented)

Joe Pelonio
11-08-2007, 4:44 PM
As I recall 14 was the worst year for the girls, but for my son not as bad. Then at 15 they all get a lot more respectful, because they need a signature and keys before long.

Greg Cole
11-08-2007, 5:08 PM
Jon,
I haven't gotten there yet and not looking forward to it ... but I do have a 6 year old that has homework. Kiddygarten didn't have homework when I was a kid... and I not that old.
And I don't have to help, cause he can color as well as I can, not saying much there though.:rolleyes:
That 12-13-14-15 age is a PITA for all too many kids, they can be soooo frustrating to say the least.

Have a frosty & forget it.. or at least try to.

Cheers,
Greg

Mark Engel
11-08-2007, 5:14 PM
It starts when they are born..... and NEVER ends.

My kids are 26 and 31. IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!

Jude Kingery
11-08-2007, 5:19 PM
Ah Jon, just know you did the right thing (encouragement, but I'm not going to do it for you). I think teenagers are such fun to teach, but then I can come home after a school day, ha! For parents, I know - it's 24/7. Vent anytime, and keep doing the right thing (he has to do his own work) and you'll raise a great kid. Best wishes, Jude

Doug Shepard
11-08-2007, 5:42 PM
Does any one want a ....
14 year old boy? ...

No thanks. One immature male in this house is quite enough.:D

Charles Wiggins
11-08-2007, 6:11 PM
14 year old boy? ARRRRRGH!

"Dad, I can't find the last few answers in my science book for the homework."

Dad, goes over the process of a way of finding the answers.

"Dad, that doesn't work."

Dad takes book, finds the last three answers under 30 seconds. It's right there is front of him in the last two paragraphs. I leave and tell him they are right there on the page.

"Where, don't leave."

"Do your own work," the father replies, "I'm not doing it for you."

"But DAAAAD?"

ARRRRRRGH! (ok, I've vented)

My son is twelve and we've already had that exact conversation at least three times in the last two years.

glenn bradley
11-08-2007, 6:16 PM
My oldest is 29 and my youngest is 18, hallelujah. Been there, done that.

Kevin French
11-08-2007, 6:49 PM
Also been there. With mine it was,

"Why didn't you get ----- done?"

"We tried but it could do it"

"OK, What ELSE did you try?"

"Nothing"

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2007, 7:20 PM
Jon....I have this theory

A man and a woman stand in front of a preacher or judge and say "I do...until death do us part"..........Hogwash! It's until one of them gets fed up with the other .....hires a lawyer and gets a divorce.....

With kids.....if you have any conscience at all.....it's until death do you part!

Our kids are 41, 40 and soon to be 35....they still bring their problems home to Mom and Dad.....and move back in on occassion.....

8 years ago the two oldest kids.....their prodigy....2- 13 year old granddaughters moved in with us for a school year.....every morning my wife and I ...one took one to school here in Idaho....the other took the other across the Snake River to school in Washington......We had those "talks" with one of the granddaughters every night about homework and the importance of it....and got the calls from school about lack of homework and inappropriate behaviour.....Yup.....went through it with the kids....and then the grand kids.......

Both those granddaughters, both age 21 now, were married a year or two ago.....

They each gave us a great grand child...one each .......

They come to see us regularly.....they've both become contributing members to society........we see the great grand kids as often as we like........

All 3 of our kids are contributing members to society.....

It'll get better but it may take a while!:)

David G Baker
11-08-2007, 8:05 PM
My oldest son is 42 years old has 8 children with one on the way. Six boys and two girls. The oldest is 17, the youngest is due next month. All of them have been home schooled. Try to visualize the fun they must have.

Jim Becker
11-08-2007, 8:34 PM
Same deal with my 12 year old girl, although she does have an excuse sometimes given she's still struggling to learn English. But not bad enough to get away with it!

Rich Engelhardt
11-09-2007, 7:15 AM
Hello,
I'm seriously considering putting my 35 year old son up for sale on Ebay...
Package deal. 35 year old son, 7 year old grandson & the son's car..plus all the mountains of "junk"...

Willconsider trade for:
- Morning bathroom time
- Spot in the driveway
- NO MORE CARTOONS ON THE TV!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGH!!!
It don't get any better as time goes on and they get older....

What changes is the gross amount of crap they acculmulate,, then have no place to "store" it:mad: .

Ya know - birds have the right idea..
The litle birds all sit in the nest like cute little Pez dispensers waiting for a half chewed worm. When they get to a certain age, they get kicked out of the nest. Come back,, and they get pecked at until they leave.

Not kids.
They do it different.
They leave, then come back, then leave, then come back,,,,just like a "C" grade horror movie..

Charles Wiggins
11-09-2007, 7:33 AM
What changes is the gross amount of crap they accumulate, then have no place to "store" it:mad: .

Rich,'Store' his stuff on the front lawn with a 'For Sale' sign next to it so he can get some money together and get his own place.

David G Baker
11-09-2007, 9:03 AM
Rich,'Store' his stuff on the front lawn with a 'For Sale' sign next to it so he can get some money together and get his own place.
Charles,
Amen!

John Shuk
11-09-2007, 8:13 PM
Only if you'll take my six year old who had us in the Principal's office having a chat about why throwing rocks on the bus isn't allowed. Yes I said on the bus not at the bus.
But they were really small rocks he says.
Now Mom has to drive him to school for a few days. That will have to coincide with him not watching television for those days and then some.