PDA

View Full Version : jointech ipm machine question

bill curtin
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Are there any jointech users out there? I have a quick question but jointech will not return my call. I am wondering if template " 12 D " is incorrect. If not, could somebody explain how to achive the pattern shown on page 37 by using this template?

Mike Golka
11-08-2007, 2:51 PM
Bill I have the Jointech CabinetMaker's System so the user manual is different but I'm guessing the pattern is in my manual too. Can you give a few more details of what you want to do or the problems you are having. Maybe a picture of the pattern.

bill curtin
11-08-2007, 5:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Mike. The pattern is a 1/2" tail every 1 7/8" and the template has one black line every 1 7/8". Is there an easier way to make dovetails? The set-up time is rediculous.

Drew Armstrong
11-08-2007, 6:34 PM
Call them again... they have been moving for the past 3 weeks and are just getting back up and going...

Drew

Mike Golka
11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Bill if your templates are the same as mine then it's just a matter of setting the cutter hieght as per the instructions, centering the board by first moving the fence to the cutter and then with the board between the cutter and the fence. After that the tails are cut on the black lines and the pins on the red ones. I'm not familiar with the fence you have but on mine the centering only takes about 30 seconds. the cutter hieght is critical to good joints but dosen't take that long to set, usually only a few test cuts. Here is the link to the manual for the fence I have. http://www.jointech.com/pdf/pdf_tm60_1.pdf

I have made both full and half blind dovetails as well as double dovetails quite eaily with fence. Once you get onto the setup it's realy very simple.