PDA

View Full Version : Pens and Pencils

Harvey Meyer
03-04-2003, 9:42 AM
Inspired by the prolific Mr. Salisbury, and by the complaints of SWMBO ("you're making too many bowls, please make something else") I decided to try my hand at penmaking. So I made a few sets of slimline pens and pencils and after I was happy with the results, I gave a set to one of the Account Execs here in the office. Shortly after, he asked me to make him 10 sets of Mont Blanc style pens/pencils so he could woo his customers with them. So here's my first sale: 10 sets of European style pens and pencils using cocobolo, zebrawood, tulipwood, bloodwood, wenge, padauk, and purpleheart. I put each set into a nice case and will be making the delivery later on today.

Harvey

Lars Thomas
03-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Trying to keep up with Ken, I see. Great looking set of pens. Congrats on the sale.

Mark Kauder
03-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Good Job Buddy!

Always good when you sell some.

Mark

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 10:12 AM
<p align="center">
GREAT WORK HARVEY !!!!!

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
03-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Harvey. I hope to catch up to you soon. I made my first one Sunday and have ordered a live center for my Shopsmith. As soon as it arrives, I'll soon become pen-prolific, too! Awesome looking pens and it helps to know they're sold already! Congrats!

Randy Miller
03-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Great looking pens!

My wife complained that I was making too many bowls -- she said the place was starting to look like an indian village. Then I started giving them away to family and she complained that I was giving away the best stuff ... go figure.

Regards,
Randy

Bob Janka
03-05-2003, 8:28 PM
Beautiful pens, Harvey!

You've given me a good idea about possible market(s) for any pens/pencils I might make.

Cheers,
Bob Janka

Kent Cori
03-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Harvey,

Top notch job. You da Man!