PDA

View Full Version : Sign post source

Scott Shepherd
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Anyone got a source for 2" square sign posts. Can be painted or non-painted (they will be painted a customer requested color anyway, so I don't care if it's painted or not).

They are for parking lot signs. They had the u-channel ones with the holes in them and want a 2" square post to match the rest of their properties.

Keith Outten
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Scott,

If you can't find a conventional source I can make them for you, I have a local steel supplier and can get 2" square tubing in several wall thicknesses.

Send me a PM.

Joe Pelonio
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Another case where a local supplier is better, due to high shipping costs. If you cannot find one (we have several around here) you can order from Grimco, Inc.

You should really get their catalog anyway, they have a lot of good sign stuff like aluminum blanks and stock traffic and ADA signs at decent prices.

www.grimco.com

Scott Shepherd
11-08-2007, 2:42 PM
Sure wish we had a sign supply company around here Joe. If they are here, they are doing a good job of hiding from me. Keith, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find them reasonably priced.

Joe Pelonio
11-08-2007, 3:28 PM
Sure wish we had a sign supply company around here Joe. If they are here, they are doing a good job of hiding from me. Keith, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find them reasonably priced.
That's a pretty good sized city, maybe you need to find a different way to look. They typically do not advertise like retail places would. Maybe call the city or county, and ask where they buy their street signs and posts? Also could try a large contractor that builds housing developments, they normally will buy and install themselves to the city's specs.

Here's one I use, they are also in CA and AZ:

http://www.zumar.com/

Scott Shepherd
11-08-2007, 5:48 PM
Yup, you'd think so. We have 1,000,000 here in the area and I can't find a place that sells sign supplies. We have an Advantage Sign Supply place, I go there, and they tell me that they are a scaled down version who don't carry all the products. They sell no substrates either.

I've searched the internet, yellow pages, as well as asked every person I ever come in contact with that sell any sort of sign supplies anywhere around here. If they are here, they don't want to be found!

I sure wish I could find them. You seem to have it easy with supplies and suppliers who cater to you. Doesn't seem to be the case around here. If fact, I've seriously considered opening up a sign supply company. When I have to order dibond type material from the next state away, then I think there's something wrong. I should be able to get in the truck, drive 15 minutes and pick out what I want (in my opinion). Instead, I have to order it and have it driven into town. Go figure.

Joe Pelonio
11-08-2007, 6:05 PM
Try this place, if they don't have what you need or don't sell wholesale to the trade they might know where you can go.

http://www.kormansigns.com/