PDA

View Full Version : Is this a deal? I'm thinking about pulling the triger

Alex Elias
11-08-2007, 2:41 AM
Tekanol Titan chuck (body only) $165 plus the insert $25 brand new from CSUSA
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Chucks___Teknatool___Teknatool_Titan_Chuck___tekna _titan?Args=

Seems like a deal I already have the Super nova and I was looking at the smaller one so I don't have to be changing jaws but also I was thinking about the Titan. As a matter of fact I want all 3.

Brodie Brickey
11-08-2007, 6:53 AM
Alex,

I don't have any experience with the Nova chucks, but if I remember correctly only the Titan doesn't interchange or only certain Titan jaws don't interchange. You might want to check that out.

Ralph Lindberg
11-08-2007, 9:54 AM
The Titan will take any jaws the Nova, SN or SN2 will take. What's more, it will have a wider range of motion with the Titan. I use my Cole Jaws on the Titan for that reason, with the SN2, the range of motion is smaller then the steps between the buttons (ie I can have bowls that don't fit in the Cole Jaws with the SN2, but not with the Titan)

The Titan Power Jaws only fit in the Titan chuck (they have three screws for each segment, rather then two)

Tony Wheeler
11-08-2007, 2:30 PM
called to order one today and was told that they are out of stock of the ones you showed the titans that they have now is 309. wish I had seen this eariler

Alex Elias
11-08-2007, 3:20 PM
called to order one today and was told that they are out of stock of the ones you showed the titans that they have now is 309. wish I had seen this eariler
I know I should have done it and I missed the oppotunity. Oh well:(