PDA

View Full Version : Mike Madano did it!

Jim O'Dell
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Congrats to Mike Madano for becoming the US born hockey player with the most points in Pro Hockey. A stunning way to get the 2 points needed-scored two goals! His accomplishments just keep adding up!
And kudos to the San Jose crowd!!! They gave him a standing ovation after the first goal was announced that he had tied the record, and a nice round of applause when he broke it, if not another standing O. That didn't happen last year in Memphis when he broke the goal record.
There's still a lot of game left tonght...doubt that I'll stay up for it. Jim.

Pat Doble
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I saw quite a few of his 'first' points before the Stars headed to Big D. He was one heck of an exciting player in his younger days - you got that inhale and move to the edge of your seat feeling in the crowd every time he touched the puck (just like Gaborik currently gets up here -when he's not nursing a groin injury) - not that he's not still a good player today - wish we had him on the Wild. And he may hold that #1 spot for quite a long time, there's really not anyone playing now that is much of a threat to catch him...

Greg Cole
11-08-2007, 8:48 AM
Ahh, but there is a nice crop of young Americans in the NHL or in the wings. The upcoming draft has something like 10 American born players who are predicted to be 1st rounders.:D CHI has 2 rookies both Americans & both are fun to watch. Nice to see some buzz back in CHI after decades of decline.
Modo has always been a guy I tip my hat towards, even though he plays for Dallas...LOL. He's a class act all around. He doesn't have that flat out haul _ss speed he had in his prime. But he has been a perennial stud for the Stars either in MN or TX. Leadership in hockey is as much about off ice performance than on ice when you are at his stage of your career.
Then again, being a Wings fan for 2 decades now, I should talk puck with Stars fans anyway...LOLOLOL :rolleyes:
Hate to say it but Jeremy Roenick will also make headlines for the US born players sooner than later as well, as he's 1 shy of 500 G's.
And lastly, I've been to the Shark Tank a few times for games, and I can say that crowd isn't always so gracious.... seeing SJ play Edmonton the freakin' Californians BOOED the entire time during the National Anthem. Utterly classless.

Cheers.
Greg