PDA

View Full Version : Pictures on stainless??

Lisa Walter
11-07-2007, 7:21 PM
I had a lady ask me tonight if I could put a picture of her daughters on a stainless steel mug (the insulated kind) for her husband for xmas. I have cermark here........anyone done actual pictures on stainless?

thanks

Lisa

Robert Alexander
11-07-2007, 7:28 PM
Lisa I have done engraving on stainless. I did some dinosaur skeleton vector art on some #4 grained stainless. They turned out great. The only problem was some of the stainless was slightly warped, so the laser beam went out of focus in the middle of the stainless part. I had to clean off the part with a scotch bright pad and sander and bend the metal flat. And re-engrave the part.

Frank Corker
11-07-2007, 8:30 PM
I've done quite a bit on stainless steel. Generally always comes out well. I would say that if you are doing a photograph, then the tendency to lean towards a more grainy picture seems to improve the overall look

Nicole Hernandez
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Of course I can't seem to find a picture of it, but we engraved a woman's photo on a custom stainless steel urn. I was hesitant about it, but totally impressed with the outcome. If I find it I will post a picture.

Don Necaise
11-08-2007, 7:26 AM
When you engraved the pictures in the stainless did youuse photograve and if you did what material type did you use if I May ask? i AM STILL TRYING TO LEARN.

Bill Cunningham
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Stainless and Cermark will usually work out just fine, using the halftone in the driver But Photograv does improve the picture quite a bit.. The one in the link below, was done using the halftone in the driver before I bought photograv

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=509525&postcount=9

Lisa Walter
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I had no idea there were replies or I would have been here sooner.......maybe I changed something in the settings in my profile?? I will have to check.

Thanks!! Lisa